rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

@Georg: +1

@Julian: I don't even start quoting you :p As Georg said, it all sounds/reads VERY promising!:rolleyes:

3. Peter

Peter Registered

Thanks for the update Scott. You are NOT making the wait for this sim any easier to cope with! :p

4. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Nice to let us now on what you are working. Thx for the update, it sounds really good to me. And yes, we need some cool sparks! Thx again guys.

5. dragon

dragon Registered

Does anyone want to refer to my questions listed above (a few days ago), please?

6. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks very much for the update, Scott. All very exciting!

7. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Awesome update, thanks!

And for the people talking about it, Arma 2 probably has the most realistic lighting in terms of realism you will ever see, by that I mean every star, sun and moon cycle is there. All the stars and constellations are real, and the moon goes through proper 28 day cycles, which have a huge impact on how much you can see at night. For a racing sim that is not important to me at all, I don't think you need stars to correctly navigate a racing track haha. But just thought I'd put that out there! :)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update Scott its sounding all very good! I was especially heartened by the last paragraph about the AI, personally I've had some amazingly good fun racing against the AI in rF1.....needless to say I'm looking forward immensly to the improvements in RF2 :)

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@Slimjim
    ISI (Scott probably?) confirmed recently that there will be dynamic clouds, casting dynamic shadows (yes, that beautiful shadows that makes the track bright to dark to bright again :D ). Also wind will move that clouds (that's how I understood that) making different cloud levels around the track and different weather conditions.

I hope that in rF2 sun will actually hide below the horizon. In rF 1 unfortunatelly it's not, so my friend had a hard time when making real sun in rF1 :)

EDIT:
    As for fps saving... what can be demanding on today's machine, will be taken with ease on a PC one year later. I prefer to have everything available, even when right now that would mean having 10fps at full details. I always can lower details to high or med and have good performance (and switch to full when my hardware will be fast enough), than having good performance today at full details, but graphics quality not up to nowadays standards.
    Of course I assume that the graphics engine has been writen as should, with fairly good optimisations to the code :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  10. jonelsorel

jonelsorel Registered

Thanks for the update, Scott! And I can't appreciate enough your commitment and the development approach that you guys are taking in relation to the community compared to other game developers. The final product can't possibly go wrong with it.

Gjon Camaj shed some light on some of these in his Inside Simracing interview in March.

11. crobol

crobol Registered

Thank you very much Scott Juliano by giving us information about your progress. Is very appreciated.

But, Scott & Luc are the only buys on ISI's Staff who are working ? I don't think so :p
    Then, why the guys working on Physics simulation & FFB, or on dedicated server & online races processes...etc don't tell us also little things about some new features? :eek:

Scott & Tim are taking all responsibility on advancing news of rF2. Maybe we want to read words of anyone more....:)

12. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Ahem... Well, part of Tim's job is PR, so that's to be expected. It's my choice to post any info beyond what Tim puts out. And as you can see, I only have time to do that once every 3 or 4 weeks at about 3 in the morning. We're all just exceptionally busy, and at this point in production the programmers have WAY more work to do then I do, so cut them a bit of slack, please :p

We do have a Q&A coming up, from what Tim tells me, that will answer a lot of questions from the game play point of view, so there will be news soon, I think.... :)

13. Siggs

Siggs Registered

The car body flares look nice, if a tiny bit exaggerated. Is mod this just for yourself? :)

14. Bandare

Bandare Registered

thanks for the heads up Scott.... Looks interesting indeed!

15. RodolphoAmorim

RodolphoAmorim Registered

I think it's a GOOD idea... could it be responded by someone? =D

EDIT:
    The colors of team members could be the same colors of the custom cars? Like a new template for then clothes? :)

16. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Well, someone making a mod of a particular racing series could easily link team members to a particular garage where that team's cars are spawned. So yes, you could have crew members uniformed for each racing team. If that makes sense. It really just depends on how much work the mod maker wants to do...

We're representing many different types of racing, so our team colors/uniforms have to be a bit more generic. But it IS set up to show mod makers what CAN be done....

17. Radar

Radar Registered

@ZeosPantera.

As the maker of Canberra 400, I'm working on Canberra v2.0 particularly for rF2 after it's release.

I have made many changes based on feedback already and some advice sort from Neil (who helped make Bathurst) to bring it up to a much better standard, but see it a waste of time to release it now when more changes will come based on the feedback from ISI so far ie moving clouds, sky, dust, rain etc..

So you can add my track as one that will be updated for rF2 once it's been released and hopefully not long after it's release as finding 'me' time at the moment has been pretty difficult.

Sooo looking forward to rF2 and thanks ISI and the community, in what will be I am sure, the best racing sim out there.

Lets just hope that more tracks will be converted or brought up to standards to make rF2 a huge success over the other vendors.

18. RodolphoAmorim

RodolphoAmorim Registered

Thanks Scott. That was what I wanted to know. =D

19. Rantam

Rantam Registered

Thanks indeed for the update Scott. There's a lot of interesting information there :)

Kindest regards

20. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Thanks Scott.
    Just a thought: could it be possible to automatically calculate (via a color extractor, if that exists) the 2 most used colors from a car-texture and use these two colors for the corresponding crew members?
    Let's say F1 Renault: yellow and black. The crew members will then have yellow shirts and black pants. It would save a lot of work and provide a more uniform look/feel to the game, instead of varying quality between mods.
    Or is this to much out of our/your league?