[REL] Ferrari 499P by Advanced Simulation and E-Racing Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

[​IMG]
    FERRARI 499P
    by Advanced Simulation and E-Racing Series

Release date:
    19 November 2023
    Current version: 1.25 (20 December 2023)

Ingame:
    Nick9320
    3d: dessga, Nick9320
    Physics: Andrea Terzi, E-Racing Series
    Testing: E-Racing Series, Sacha Lehmann
    Liveries: dessga, Nick9320, Carlos Frau
    Textures: dessga, Nick9320
    Sounds: Nick9320

Steam Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3088947577

Advanced Simulation Website:
    https://advancedsimulation.eu/

ASRC Discord Server:
    https://discord.gg/9M8wfa3gwP
    Our community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/advancedsimulation
    Our page: https://www.facebook.com/advancedsimulation
    Our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/advancedsimulation
    Our PayPal: https://paypal.me/AdvancedSimulation
    Our Discord server: https://discord.gg/NzZCEFx
    Our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/advancedsimulation/
    Our Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm8kuiv5JKoRpDjjwpSgnpw

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    Raven80, Zoaal, Petethepawn and 30 others like this.
  2. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

nice !

how many months ? 6 months or less

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  3. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

This Autumn :cool:

4. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Great news!! Thank you!! :)

Nick9320 likes this.
  5. Full Right

Full Right Registered

Looks great....eagerly awaiting. Thanks for the advance preview!

Nick9320 likes this.
  6. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

reminder to all fans !
    autumn september 23th to december 22th this year

edit: (Northern Hemisphere)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    Bostrom, vava74 and Nick9320 like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Unless they are based in the Southern Hemisphere, then wouldn't Autumn be around March to June?

vava74, Matt21 and Nick9320 like this.
  8. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

:D:D:D

9. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Outstanding

Nick9320 likes this.
  10. Kahel

Kahel Registered

I know a French Youtuber that will salivate all over the news... :cool:

The model look great... as usual with Advanced.
    Can't wait to try it... the next best thing would be the 296 GT3.

I'm very hopeful with the content you guys release... I've seen how hard you guys work on it, and how open you've been to the community feedback (on the clio cup for example...)
    If the hypercars can get the same treatment it would be most welcome... particularly now, with S397 focus on Lemans Ultimate, that's very reassuring to see the modding scene filling the gaps...

11. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Doing what Studio 397 itself should have already done! Good job, are you still going to update the URD Px???

12. vava74

vava74 Registered

But S397 did do it - at least the 963, for sure -, just not published it as a DLC, reserving it for LMU.

Bostrom likes this.
  13. Ayrton de Lima

Hi @vava74
    Yes, I expect these cars in RF2 not in LMU, which with almost a 99% chance of me not buying, because they should have done it as BTCC.

14. vava74

vava74 Registered

The problem is that, what YOU want and what makes sense commercially for MSG are two completely different things: MSG absolutely needs to preserve the licence agreement with the ACO/FIA and launch the dedicated WEC title which is the "bottomline" of that contract.

As LMU is slated to be a "clean and optimised" rFactor 2, with dedicated content, there is no valid reason not to buy it.

Would have I liked to have these cars released as DLC in rFactor 2?

Sure, but it would have made ZERO commercial sense for MSG, as that would undermine the sales and profitability of LMU and, therefore, clearly breach the licence agreement with ACO/WEC, as their licence revenue is linked to the promised dedicated WEC game.

The "world", in general, is built around what we "can" or "may" do/have, not around what we "want", so we have to be practical and realistic in our expectations.

With luck, LMU will be a success and via that rFactor 2 will live on, with more new, in-house content produced by S397.

Note: I mentioned luck not because of what LMU may end up being as a product, I am confident that it will be a stable, mostly bug free platform, but because its success will hinge on how the community's reception and enthusiasm will end up being.

rFactor 2 has such a negative baggage attached to it that any pebble on the road towards respectability, acceptance and the admiration it deserves becomes an unsurmountable boulder.

Hence, LMU needs to be embraced by ALL rFactor 2 fans, in order for it to have a minimum chance of succeeding, as it will need well beyond its player base to "make it".

If WE do not support LMU, then it will fail and mostly likely rFactor 2 will die with it.

15. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

my fears are not about the mod but the naming
    as the Moyoda darch aura .....
    the next 499P and 963 should not be named by the real car brand manufactuer
    because licence is in LMU !
    name it as URD does, with unreal name or it will be blocked before published

mixer61 likes this.
  16. Ayrton de Lima

I understand your point of view, however, a closed game these days doesn't make any sense, besides I don't want to always be racing on the same tracks with the same cars, just like it will be in LMU, so it won't make sense to buy the LMU and elsewhere. I'm in Brazil, here the game will be the price of buying a house, besides Rfactor2 already has its base, the rest is just crying from those who can't run.

17. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

This man speaks by the language of facts.

I'm sure that LMU will take the best of rF2 and get rid from those annoying bugs and complicated mechanisms like content installing (at least I hope so). Even if I'm willing to make LMH and LMDh cars by myself I'm still think that it would be a great game. Most likely from 2-3 patch after they fix all the early bugs, I would even buy an early version to help with my feedback if it's needed.

And indeed the success of LMU will prolong the lifetime of rFactor 2 which is something that I wish would happen.

Bostrom and vava74 like this.
  18. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

URD does it becuase they're selling cars not sharing them.

Even if we'll have any issues then I will just replace the brandings and release the patch with real logos somewhere else, there's no issue with that at all.

Matt21, McFlex, rubennaatje and 5 others like this.
  19. Ayrton de Lima

Looking at it from the company side, if you have 2 similar products and one is successful, you end up with the other, you just have to see that they haven't achieved a decent Q3 claiming the development of another, and from the consumer side, seeing that you do it yourself the cars, I prefer to pay for the mod of a game I already have rather than having to buy a specific game that will probably be expensive for what it offers (a championship), the strategy with the dtm experience of sector 3 was much more intelligent, a championship within of the game that the company already develops. Well, this is my view, I believe that a company that aims for more money than a good product, whenever it starts developing a better and successful one, it kills the previous one, I don't see an advantage in a closed simulator nowadays, ACC even I don't see an advantage I don't want to buy anything, but that's just my taste, I just hope they don't kill the Rf2 and that the LMH and LMDh come out as DLC, because as a consumer I don't see any advantage in paying for the same thing.

Nick9320 likes this.
  20. vava74

vava74 Registered

I understand your points of view, but I don't agree with them as you are not being realistic about company group dynamics, licence agreements, etc.

MSG made a deal with ACO/FIA and the deal included and even focused in producing a dedicated WEC Themed Game, from which the ACO/FIA will get: "exposure and revenues" and that could be used for their eSports events.

You simply CAN'T undercut the reach of that game by supplying virtually the same content on a different platform, specially one which, right or wrong, is publicly perceived as a laughingstock.

The LMV disaster was extremely damaging for the event and shoved rFactor 2 back to bottom of the pit, when it was just starting to get a bit of recognition and winning over new fans via LFM.

Even with all the issues (performance in multiplayer, server connectivity issues, ...), people were starting to give more weight to its vastly superior driving experience and simulation value than to all the headaches they were getting.

Not everyone, but many were, including several relevant content creators.

Just look at the number of rF2 videos published on YT between October 22 and the 24h LMV by channels with a significant number of subscribers (6 digits and above) and then look at how many videos the same content creators published after the LMV disaster. Most none, others just a handful.

So, aside from contractual/licensing issues, the harsh reality is that rFactor 2 has such a negative reputation that not even the brilliance of the 992 Cup, the BTCC, the Dallara IR18, the Stockcar2018 and X, ... and even the GTE and GT3 with the new tyres can overcome.

rFactor 2 may be absurdly good when you are on track, but playing it brings us just about the same level of derision, as wearing bellbottom pants in high-school during the 90's.

DanRZ and Nick9320 like this.