Weird ai behavior in qualifying at the Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daniel123, May 19, 2023.

1. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

Hey guys,

i want to race NLS like races on the Nordschleife 24H Layout but some ai cars have a weird behavior in the qualifying.
    Some cars like the Renault Clio Cup or the renault megane trophy are driving the inlap completly normal but then are going back to the box at the end of the hotlap so they don't make a time. Sometimes they make a time at the 5. or 6. Round but in most cases they don't drive a time in a 1 hour qualifying session and i don't want to make a 3 hour qualifiying session to actually race. I drive with 79 opponentes so 80 cars in total.

Other Cars like the GT3 cars are driving a inlap, then a hotlap and they made a time in 20 minutes.

My question: Is there a way to force all ai cars to make a time or to close the pits so ai cars can't come in during qualifying? Thanks for your help!

hibbogtr likes this.
  2. hibbogtr

hibbogtr Registered

The same for me! But even worse! For me it is not possible to have an ai race at the Nordschleife. Cars are jumping over the curbs and flying around everywhere.
    What ai setting should I try?
    105% strength, 50 % aggression, 100% ai limiter
    Any possibilities?

3. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

Maybe
    105% strength, 25 % aggression, 5% ai limiter

hibbogtr likes this.
  4. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

car going back to pitlane for one reason
    can it be a problem of defaut AI setup with not enough fuel ?
    as you mentioned Clio cup and Megane trophy have small fuel tank for short races !

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As long as they do some laps in practice they'll work out starting fuel for qual, I think. Default fuel won't dictate that.

There may be a recent issue with qual fuel, redapg has a thread along a similar vein that apparently reflects a recent change in behaviour.

daniel123 likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

The Clio, for Example, has a default Fuel Amount of 45 L, which should be more than enough to make 3 Laps also on the Nordschleife.
    I think that there is something broken in the Game Code with one of the last Updates, because it happens very often that the AI does not make a Quali Time and it seems to happen out of different Reasons.
    I did open a Bug Report for one Reason already, that can be found HERE.

daniel123 likes this.
  7. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

@hibbogtr After 10 races that are 2-12 hours long, my perfect combination is 110-115 strength, 30% aggression and 0% limiter. I did have some problems with mod cars that are flipping over the curbs like the ASMG Supra GT but not with original cars.

hibbogtr likes this.
  8. daniel123

daniel123 Registered

@Matt21 I tested this and forced the ai to use a fixed setup with full tank because i thaught the same. Didn't solve the problem :(

9. hibbogtr

hibbogtr Registered

Thanks, I‘ll give it a try. I don’t use mod cars. I use about 12 btcc cars , 8 Porsche Cup and about 20 GT3s.
    I think the problem is the ai limiter with mixed class.

daniel123 likes this.