Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Could you make a screenshot where the braking in the esses is?

2. Angus May

Angus May Registered

Attached Files:

3. Angus May

Angus May Registered

this can be taken with a full throttle or slight lift off

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, please try the fix no. 3 - uninstall previous fix first. Version should be 1.02

5. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Mt Panorama by Hellboy V0.982
    Unfortunately have found more issues with this track. A Part from the qualifying issue posted earlier i have found that the AI cars during a race are not entering their pitbox properly so do not refuel so DNF in the pits... they come to a stop on an angle to their pitbox but dont enter the pitbox correctly to fuel up... seems to be an issue that has started with the latest updates to RF2... could someone please look at and fix the two issues... seems like Hellboy is missing at this time... Cheers

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

yes, the devs of S397. This all has nothing to do with the AIW

Corti likes this.
  7. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Agree with what your saying, but surely you guys could have a look and fix??? You guys are the boffins when it comes to this stuff... your track expertise would be greatly appreciated! Its Bathurst a track that gets used by many racers regularly! Please help...

8. atomed

atomed Member

There is nothing that can be done at this moment at track side to fix this, these are calculations and behaviors that are track independent.
    For 2023 the developers are working on the AI side of the sim and we have seen big improvements on that side. I´m pretty sure this issue will also be fixed, we just have to be patient.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    Corti likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

I was curious, why the AI would not make a proper Pit Stop and so i've made a quick Test.
    To keep it short: the Problem is, that the Track has no Static01 Reflection Mapper defined in its SCN File.
    It's a bit strange, but it is as it is. :)
    I have made a small Update rfcmp, that you can test it (you have to have Version 0.982 installed).
    In the Menu it appears as Mountpanorama 0.982PitFix.
    With a bit of Luck, that also solves the Quali Problem of the AI.

Attached Files:

vava74 likes this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

this will fix also the black raindrops and hopefully the colour changing of the road cracks:)

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Is the Problem with the black Drops, if there is no Static01 Reflection Mapper defined in a Tracks SCN File, still not fixed by S397? :D

12. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Ok so i redownloaded the V0.982 Bathurst Track and added your patch and it works!
    Still a small issue of not all of the AI cars qualifying (1st test 3 didnt qualify the 2nd test 5 didnt qualify) but on two racing tests all cars are pitting and refuelling correctly!
    So thankyou very much for your time and work!
    Have agreat day
    Cheers
    Craig

13. redapg

redapg Registered

I also did make another Test and when i let the AI drive 5 Quali Laps, they all seem to get a Laptime.
    Seems as if only 3 Quali Laps doesn't work properly.
    Most of the Cars enter the Pits at the End of their 2nd Lap and with the Setting of 3 allowed Quali Laps, they can not make another Lap, to get a Laptime, then.
    But i will make another Test, because i have seen something in the AIW File, that maybe can be the Reason.

atomed likes this.
  14. redapg

redapg Registered

@Craigbowie I did make another Test, but what i thought it might be Reason for the AI not doing Quali Laptimes, didn't cause the Problem.
    It indeed seems to be something in the Game Code, because it also happens on official Tracks (also in DevMode).
    So i would suggest, to set the allowed Count of Quali Laps to 5 as a temporary Workaround.
    That, at least, seems to work.
    And keep in Mind, that S397 is currently working with the AI a lot. ;)

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

It depends obviously also a bit on the car...

with redapg´s fix
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 120756.jpg

without the fix
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 120626.jpg
    the AIW in general needs an overhaul. Some cut corridors are bad
    GRAB_013.PNG

Attached Files:

16. redapg

redapg Registered

@Manfredk2 Yes, the whole AIW should be made completely new.
    Maybe that also solves the Problem with the Quali Laptimes.
    I've made another Test and on other Tracks all the AI get Quali Laptimes, so it seems to more be a Track Problem though.
    BTW You should compare with and without my Fix with the same Cars or different Cars, both with or without the Fix, to get comparable Results. ;)
    And in the first Screenshot, can it be that these Cars still use the old rF1 Engine.ini?
    That seemed to be a Problem too.

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Sure, i wanted to show only that the problem lies probably deeper.

As you wrote i also happens on official tracks in combination with some mods
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 130433.jpg

Same track, other car
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 130500.jpg

redapg likes this.
  18. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Interesting cause ive set the allowable laps to 40, it doesnt seem to make a difference. I also made the qualifying session 30 minutes which should be more than enough time to do at least 3-4 laps.
    This is the only track ive found the issue on.
    The most important thing was the cars not refuelling but you have nailed that issue with the fix. I can live with a few cars not setting a time, although they do in practice, which can be used to set the grid!
    Thankyou again for all your help and work, at least now we can race Bathurst again!

redapg likes this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

I'll continue investigating, because it interests me, what causes that Problem.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

I'll try it with a complete new AIW now.