CS-closed GT Challenge - Season 5

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Lime Rock Park weather
    upload_2023-4-23_20-13-59.png

2. Daytona weather
    upload_2023-5-1_9-22-55.png

3. Specific for Daytona
    Qual: 16:00
    Race: 16:15

4. Loan Vanden Eynde

Loan Vanden Eynde Registered

Where can I get an explanation on why I got a DT for IBL (8.2.6) during the main race at Daytona ? And also on why did the Porsche lose 10kph aka 2 seconds a lap ? Great championship nevertheless.

5. You did not get a penalty from Race control, but i do see this in the xml
    <Penalty et="5401.1">Loan Vanden Eynde received Drive Thru penalty, 0s, 0laps for &quot;Ignored Blue Flags&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Drive Thru,0s</Penalty>
    Which makes very little sense as blue flag penalties are not on. Yes warnings are but not penalties.

All cars got slowed on top speed as Porsche for instance did 13 km/h faster than some of the others (its not 2 seconds but yes it got turned down).

6. Donat

Donat Registered

No blue flag penalties? Because I also got one and it was pretty harsh actually as the faster cars were still a few car lenghts behind, but okay it is what it is.

7. Donat

Donat Registered

Hey at least I had massive front end damage and was also 10 km/h slower as a result, so our battles were fair

Loan Vanden Eynde likes this.
  8. Loan Vanden Eynde

So just unfortunate DT I guess. It's a shame but I'm sure you'll fix it.

Now concerning the BOP for the Porsche there's definitely room for improvement on fast tracks and it need to be solved for the next championships. I'm not gonna go in too much detail now but basically the Porsche can't run low wing cause it only produces rear downforce with it. So yes it has one of the best top speed if you compare all the cars with their default setup but practically it is impossible to max it out and get away with it unlike a Ferrari which can run P1 wing without any issue.
    This race I was running min ride height and P6 wing (which is the lowest i could go without dying in bus stop chicane or T1) and I would still only hit 270/272 kph at the end of the straight with massively compromised cornering and stability at high speed and mid-engine cars were flying past me at 280/282 kph.

I'm not an esport driver and was just looking to have fun here, but clearly the Porsche wasn't raceable in Daytona. I know the BOP is tricky and the drivers are never satisfied, although I think in this case the specifics of the cars should be better taken into account to balance the field.

9. Loan Vanden Eynde

I was glad you had damaged cause it gave us an amazing fight until the game told me to take a walk through the pitlane ! :p GG!

10. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

could you share the setups that were used during testing please? I never achieved insane top speed AND good balance at the same time with the 911. Last friday I commentated a 90 minutes race on daytona with GT3, for the Virtual French Racing club, and the few porsches that were picked didn't go faster than the other cars in the straights, and their laptimes were far from the top GT3s.

It would be cool to have a BoP timetrial during the summer, where everyone gets a random car, like you did to balance the GTEs in lmvs.

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Can we also ban Lime Rock Park from this series? Just like lots hated it last season, this time again it was shown to be very bad for racing.