T3PA Gas pedal issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kostas_SimR, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Kostas_SimR

Kostas_SimR Registered

Hello. My t3pa's gas pedal is flickering when i apply 100% of throttle to it. It usually goes to around 80-90% momentarily and then starts spiking. Thinking it was a potentiometer issue i personally took it apart and cleaned it a few weeks ago. The issue started reappearing and except from the spiking i do, more rarely, get some brake input(approx 5-8%) while i'm stepping on the gas at its full extent. Could there perhaps be something else happening here? My pot was fine when i took it apart but i did clear it from dust and residue nonetheless...

Here is a proof link(acc rep):https://files.fm/u/tkcr2fum5

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just sounds like pots to be honest. Potentially some flexing causing the brake input. Extremely unlikely to be game/drivers.

If you're hands-on this might be a good time to convert to hall sensors. Or get the T-LCM instead.

*follow-up question: T3PA, or T3PA-Pro? I'm familiar with the pro, the normal has a plastic construction I think? (More prone to flexing)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Carbon potentiometers like logitechs and entry level thrustmasters have a short lifespan, cleaning doesn't really solves the problem, the carbon wears and the only real solution is to convert it to magnetics (hall sensor), never have to worry again in your entire life.

My G27 pedals worked well only for the first 2 years, then I replaced the potentiometers by hall sensors, 8 years after and it stills working perfectly. Because it's magnetic, the wear is nonexistent, making it theoretically eternal.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023