How to design the lines of starting positions in 3dsimed

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by DExtreme, Mar 19, 2023.

1. DExtreme

DExtreme Registered

I am designing a kart track and I dont have start position lines neither the pit position lines. How can I design a visual line like all the tracks?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

What do you mean with "designing"?
    Such Lines can be and are usually made with some Polys, but to do that in 3DSimEd is VERY Time consuming.
    So you should do that in the 3D Software, that you did use to create the other Objects (i suppose that "designing" means "create").

DExtreme likes this.
  3. Corti

Corti Registered

Well, if you want the lines to be independent of the texture, you will need a workshop software with 3DS Max, Blender, ....
    If the lines are part of the texture design with an image software it is sufficient: Photoshop, Paintnet, ....

DExtreme likes this.
  4. DExtreme

DExtreme Registered

Ok all made, I created an object with 3DS Max and that is how I solved it. Thanks to both of you

redapg and Corti like this.
  5. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

What kart track are you making ?

DExtreme likes this.
  6. DExtreme

DExtreme Registered

Hi! Im making a track near my city were I usually go karting, its called
    Karting Talavera Rancing 71, you can find it here

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  7. Brutten

Brutten Registered

@DExtreme
    upload_2023-3-25_0-1-29.png
    Wow, I have a very old version of that track (when it was called Dontyre) with the nine layouts.
    I have it in dry dock, the shaders need to be updated.

Vance Le Garde, Corti and DExtreme like this.
  8. DExtreme

DExtreme Registered

Wow, Im amazed, how did you even have this files, you are a track creator? This one looks very nice, I recently called a friend to make all the layouts but I dont know how its going. For now, I have the main layout but this is interesting, are you from Spain or something?

Corti likes this.
  9. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Yes DExtreme , I am from Madrid and I have a simulation group for many years.
    More than 90% of the contents are made by me, especially circuits. I have been dedicated from the beginning to create content for karting with the most interesting Spanish circuits (more than 30 today) because there were few circuits here in all categories.

@DExtreme , soy Madrileño y tengo un grupo de simulación desde hace muchos años.
    Mas del 90% de los contenidos los hago yo, sobre todo circuitos. Me he dedicado desde el principio a crear contenido para karting con los circuitos españoles mas interesantes (mas de 30 a día de hoy) ya que habían pocos circuitos de aquí en todas las categorías.

Si quieres contacto mas directo busca en Discord el servidor Las3Caras Simulación.

Vance Le Garde, DJCruicky and Corti like this.