Released Q1 2023 Update and Content Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 21, 2023.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

in Aus we call them a bunch of sooks.. whinge and whine no matter what.

Bernat likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You know I'm an Aussie too, right? :p

Lildave and CeeBee like this.
  3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Ha. I often think to myself if mainstream internet made it to these sim racing forums they woudl find ample ammo to describe to the internet what REAL "Karen's" are. ;)

#ASL
    Im in Sydney (Holsworthy) I ride road and ADV bikes, I love camping and cocaine,I also like long walk on the beach as long as its in the direction of a pub for beers and we have walking beers..

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Laz, Cee & Mike alllll from Ozzieland and we are expected to believe none of you haven't been bitten by poisonous spiders or eaten by Giant Saltwater Crocs???

Goanna and CeeBee like this.
  5. Travis

Travis Registered

Tried the “new” GT3’s at Sebring (sunny conditions, starting with a 100% wet track).

Pace car spun on the formation lap, proceeded to complete donuts while the field slowed to a crawl. Formation lap became 2 laps and then the start resulted a a FCY for 3 laps.
    AI continued to spin off (mistakes set to 0.5, 110 skill, 80% aggression). 25 out of 30 cars finished but it was chaos.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie venomous spiders mate. Poisonous is what makes you ill when you eat it, venomous is what makes you ill when it bites you.

And no, we're pretty good at killing most of the dangerous spiders, we just keep the ones that are as big as your hand. Unless you're down Sydney way, and they can get ****ed with their funnel webs, I ain't going near that sh*t...

davehenrie likes this.
  7. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

'struth, 1500 to get my dog out the vet, he bit something running onthe fence and was **cked for a month.
    some crazy $h1t we got down here..

davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ya gotta let the AI SEE the conditions, sunny skies and wet track is recipe for disaster. Run at least the warmup with wet track so the AI have some indication.

9. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

That´s the point in every GT3 Series, which races goes longer than half an hour on different racetracks. But it seems real racing with variety is not the focus of the BoP the only focus is GT Pro, 25min Races, where the weaknesses of the other cars and the BoPgrown ability to drive the beamers fast way to easy aren´t apperaring compared to a real endurance stint

10. Travis

Travis Registered

If that is the case, a warning or some form of guidance in the race set-up would be beneficial.

I'm invested in rF2 so I can overlook issues, new users aren't invested and have no idea about work arounds and will either refund or leave a bad review.

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

100% wet is basically red flag conditions. They should still put wet tyres on though. They should manage better than that too.

Travis, pkelly and pilAUTO like this.
  12. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

After last little update some mods do it :(

13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Yikes!!!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

One thing we've had for close to 10 years is a stable physics base. No coincidence of course that we also had a relatively low rate of progress too, but surely the RC is where physics changes should be tested? People are using rF2 day to day, it's not (officially) in beta anymore, it should work about as well as it did yesterday...

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Have you reported it to the mod authors? It could be a bug in rFactor 2 but it could also very likely be an issue with the mods that was uncovered by the latest improvements..

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Coutie has already posted about this.

17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Somebody should tell him where it is.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

19. Travis

Travis Registered

Thanks for the response @Alex Sawczuk as it’s very much appreciated.

At 100 wet, the pools of water are quite large however the AI often run through them unfazed. I can only politely suggest an additional dialogue box or pop up stating 100% wet is a red flag situation and a suggestion of a wet track equal to or less than whatever percentage the S397 team deem to be drivable.

20. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

What did you expect 100% wet to mean? I'd argue its fairly obvious that 100% should mean pretty much undriveable.. Maybe the set percentage should be replaced by a descriptive word though

pkelly likes this.