CS-closed GT Challenge - Season 5

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2023.

1. JPN

JPN Registered

Hey, how do i force the mod update of CS GTC? It just shows up in pending but it don't do anything. I can't update it manually and can't join the competition without it.
    I removed it and reinstalled it it just hangs around not doing anything.

E: If i click that "Finish pending updates" button, it does something but reverts back to original state.

2. hm, never heard that before. Noted, i´ll try to do it on staging now to see wether i can trigger it to do it again. Do you remember which BMW you picked?

3. Jelle Binsbergen

Jelle Binsbergen Registered

I picked the 01 BMW m6. I think there was someone in the audi who had the same issue. I don't remember the name, but he sent a message about it in the ingame chat

4. JPN

JPN Registered

I unsubscribed from everything and reinstalled the game. So not about mods because i now didn't download any. This has never happened to anyone, ever?

5. Yeah i saw someone else report it on discord. Just quit the game and rejoin. Why it does that i cant say. I´ll keep an eye on it.

6. I dont know what your problem is? what versions do you have of the cars?
    Also if you are on discord i strongly suggest to get on there, its currently faster to respond there.

7. JPN

JPN Registered

I am assuming latest versions because there are nothing to download, apart form that GTC mod to get into the challenge. Which discord do you mean? Rfactor official?

8. Yes thats the one, the only way to force an update is to sub/unsub really. Right click rFactor 2 in steam, click on properties then on the left menu choose Workshop. Find the one called "CS GTC" unsbu and then try again.

9. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Hello Jimmi, where can we find the library to design it? We use the ones that we have by default in the templates folder of the game, I say this because the library submission section is underlined and I don't see where to download the custom template for the gTChallenge. thank you.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Jimmi Allison I was going to embarrass myself and run the challenge, but it looks like we'll be moving about the time the event gets underway, I'll be boxing up my wheel & pedals next week and probably won't get them hooked up again til mid April at best.
    So please remove my name from the list. Thank you.

11. There are not custom template, use the standard one you have in your install.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  12. No need too, CS handles this all by itself. Thanks and good luck, hopefully you get a nice new sim-room ;)

davehenrie likes this.
  13. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

It all depends on what "your name is" because IF there are people who change cars.

14. 1st post updated with entry numbers and a few rules regarding livery submission.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  15. Anyone failing to follow these very simple steps will be ignored
    alt Audrius Jankevičius.dds <- no such name in top 90 and given there is no number on the car or name, i have no idea who you are. Please just follow the steps above.

16. Marco Lipska

Marco Lipska Registered

Hello,
    Can you please change my Nickname "stormrider2" into my real name "Marco Lipska".

Thx

17. Done (but only because i see your email on forum and the one you use in CS is the same, otherwise i would have needed some more info to avoid mistakes).

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Still haven't sold our house so I may be able to make the first few rounds, we'll see.

But I would like to propose a new 'Award.' In the NFL, the last man taken in the College Draft is known as Mr Irrelevant. Last year's Mr Irrelevant 'ALMOST' took the San Francisco 49'ers to the Super Bowl. (a rare feat for Mr I to even make the team)

So, how about some award for the WORST EFF'N DRIVER in the GT Challenge? Requirements would have to include No Drop-outs. The driver must compete to completion each event. We don't want 2nd place Aliens dropping out to STEAL this prized prize. Whomever compiles the lowest finishing position for the season could be Awarded some minor prize like credit in the Steam Store for 1 new car or track....or a fancy NFT thingy he can post on his...uhmmm...where-ever you post NFTs.

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

sounds dumb tbh

Donat likes this.
  20. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

at what time is race tomorrow?
    if i am in EEST (GMT+3)