CS-closed GT Challenge - Season 5

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2023.

1. [​IMG]
    Intro:
    It's back - again - Challenge yourself!
    The challenge series will support multiple splits.
    Based on the hotlap qualifier, will be sorted into several splits with 30 drivers.
    The CS will base the results off the last 2 races who goes into what split. First 2 races uses the PreQual. As you can see, the grids in Challenge are more fluent and with this we try to always match you with a great group to race.

Read more

Required content:
    We will be using our GT3 packs, but with the new feature we are bringing for Q1-23 drop, you do only need to own the car and tracks you are racing.

Splits:
    Splits will be sorted by our competition system (first 2 races is based upon Pre-Qual).

Broadcast:
    We will be broadcasting our top split race on our Twitch channel

Livery submission:
    TOP 90 in the qualifiers can submit a livery (but not required). Deadline is 24-03-2023 at 12:00 (timezone as per rules)
    Required files:
    • Main paint (gtc_s5_yournumber.psd) (yournumber is your number in the list below) also note psd is required.
    • Region file (gtc_s5_yournumber_region.dds) (dds file)
    • json file (gtc_s5_yournumber.json)
    Once you have the files use WINRAR to zip up the files and name it as above: gtc_s5_yournumber.rar and submit it on the link in the rules.
    Do not include mas files nor main paint as dds. We need to check a few things on the paint before we save it as dds.

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Season schedule:
    21 February: Qualifying starts
    19 March: Qualifying ends
    27 March: Long Beach // Replays
    03 April: Sebring // Replays
    10 April: Laguna Seca // Replays
    17 April: Indianapolis (RC) // Replays
    24 April: Lime Rock Park (Uphill chicane) // Replays
    01 May: Daytona (RC) // Replays
    All of these events will be live streamed

Race day details:
    Race length:
    15/45 minutes
    Pro Race day: Mondays
    In-game race time: 15:00

Schedule:
    All day - Open servers through Match maker (outside CS)
    19:45-20:00 - Registration
    20:00 - Practice
    20:10 - Qualifying
    20:25 - "Race 2"
    Times after registration are estimates please allow +/- 5 mins for sessions to end
    Heavy rubber at start of qual, remember this builds for the sessions until restarted.

RuleBook

How to qualify:
    Qualifying is over, you can still join and enter in the lowest split and work your way up.

Links:
    Protest
    Livery submission
    Discord link

Qualification sessions starts every hour

Updates:
    13/03-2023:
    7.2 Rules regarding template and numberplates have been updated
    20/03-2023: Entry list with numbers listed below
    31/03-2023: New schedule
    10/04-2023: Per request starting procedure is made different, see briefing
    10/04-2023: Added link to briefing
    13/04-2023: 1.4 rulebook update
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standings and results are visible in game and on our 3pa website: https://rf2esports.com/

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2023
  2. Amine

Amine Registered

Hello,

I have already the BMW M4 GT3 and I installed all the GT3 cars which I don't own and then purchased Laguna seca and Sebring which are the tracks that I need to compete. But I have the following message and I cannot register in the series.
    upload_2023-2-22_22-24-50.png
    upload_2023-2-22_22-25-57.png
    Can you please help with this because I don't know what I should do to be able to compete in this series without purchasing the other cars.

3. HENRY MATHIEU

HENRY MATHIEU Registered

Hi ! Exactly the same problem for me
    I bought the Aston, install the other cars, but can't join

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had all the content but got the same type of message. I went to the Content tabs and found all the cars and Daytona 22 in the Local folder(I would have thought they would have been in the STORE tab) with a red X, uninstalled. I installed all that, checked the other tabs and went back and got signed up.
    One additional question. I tend to skim over stuff, but where is the Qualifying session being held? The regular season calendar is clearly displayed, but where is the location of the pre-qualifying?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    coasting&cruising likes this.
  5. Samuel White

Samuel White Registered

Why in the world are the races on Monday? Basically excludes every American who works Mondays. Many more would be able to race/watch if it was on Sunday.

6. Lab Pong

Lab Pong Registered

Excellent question.

7. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you join a pre-quali server? I've signed up to the series and I can see the sessions and timer in the Competition page, but there is no "Join Server" button anywhere that I can see.

Am I missing something really simple here?

8. Eddy_pv

Eddy_pv Registered

Hello, I can't get into the server. I have the following error:

"Error initializing image surface AMV_GT3_CKCARBON_S_ALT.DDSError loading texture AMV_GT3_CKCARBON_S_ALT_for material AMV_GT3_CHASSIS_
    Error loading global material AMV_GT3_CHASSIS
    Mesh : amv_gt3_body_max
    Instance : SLOT004"

I tried to enter another multi server and I had no problems. How can I solve this error?

Thank

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

show up approximentally 15 minutes prior to the event. Then a countdown timer should appear until, HOPEFULLY, you get into the track.

Rhino_WJB likes this.
  10. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

Thanks for the advice. So the "Join" button appears with 15 minutes and under remaining on the countdown? This should be made clearer on the Competition page. I figure the "hopefully" is related to server/track capacity? Again, S397 should make is clear that a garage slot is not guaranteed.

EDIT: Removed ranty "first world problems". Sorry.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  11. Stefan Wehinger

Stefan Wehinger Registered

I accidentally signed up with the wrong car. Is there anyway to change the car or unsubscribe and re-subscribe with the right car?
    THX!

12. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

ERROR here:
    rFactor 2 was not able to activate series 230221_cs_gtc, which is probably caused by incompatible cars and/or tracks that are curently installed. Please manualy remove such upgrades using the content panel by either unsubscribing from the relevant workshop items or uninstalling components in the package screen.

Q: under what name this element appears in content screen or packages? Or where this file is located rF2 folders? What is this file? Error screen is only place where i can see this

what to do?

13. RL67AZ

RL67AZ Registered

Name and nickname!!! I made the request to change my nickname "RL67AZ" by my name "Rafael Alvarez" several months ago... still nothing has changed I signed up anyway, we'll see!

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you own ALL the content, then go to the manage content and check each tab to verify you have a green check mark for each car and track. If you do not see a green check mark, then un-install the car and install it again.

You must own all the tracks if you want to race, spectators do not need to own the tracks however.

If you do NOT own all the cars, then use the STORE tab and install each car listed. You will see an orange check mark or grey text for cars you do not own.

15. Tony Raharidzery

Tony Raharidzery Registered

Thanks much for this competition.
    The only thing is that it's only for Europeans drivers because for NA it's too soon :(

16. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

Thank you!
    SOLVED

davehenrie likes this.
  17. AtmosFairic

AtmosFairic Registered

Hi, I registered for the GT challenge with the wrong car and I would like to change car but I can't find how can you help me? THANKS

18. Fabiano Barbosa

Fabiano Barbosa Registered

Theres no way to change the car after registered.

19. AtmosFairic

AtmosFairic Registered

Ok i'm so sorry for me i can't stand radical thanks for your answer

20. Jelle Binsbergen

Jelle Binsbergen Registered

I just joined the comp session and it gave me the radical when I joined. I registered with the BMW M6. A rejoin fixed it, but I can see this becoming a problem.