AMD Users, more than just rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Feb 27, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thaichang, Matt21 and Kelju_K like this.
  2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm looking to buy an AMD card soon, just because they are better value, so keeping an eye on this topic. That said AMD sure do seem to drop the ball a LOT.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I've avoided AMD GPU's ever since I had one many years ago. I got tired of the constant driver issues. I'll gladly pay more for Nvidia to avoid that scenario again. It's just unfortunate that prices have gotten so out of control, scalpers, etc.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Scalpers wouldn't exist if the idiots didn't pay their stupid asking prices. In away the high prices have been self inflicted by these idiots and Nvidia know they can now charge stupid prices at the moment because they know people will pay the inflated prices. Example 3080 msrp £649, 4080 msrp £1199, prices taken from Nvidia web page. I bought a 3080 card just before the 4090 was released at near msrp, there was no way I would pay 2-3 times the msrp.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  5. Thaichang

Thaichang Registered

6800XT user here. Looking forward some advances from AMD. By now 22.5.1 does the work. And taking advantage this thread, I have a question about virtual resolution. Is It posible to create a virtual res. (I.e 5760x1080) as per Nvidia does, to use It in rfactor (and other games) instead of launching eyefinity before Game starts?
    Nevertheless thanks for the useful info thread @davehenrie !

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I am not familar with virtual resolution, I do know AMD has Radeon Super Resolution where your card draws to a screen rez smaller than your windows desktop, which should be faster, and then upscales the lower res images to match your windows desktop resolution.

7. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Its in the RADEON drivers until Displat tab if memory serves well and called VSR

I used it some time agoto simulate 4k ultrawiderrs and it was wildl ol for my 6800xt to run RF2 with that amount of pixels
    Still could get around 60fps maxed out though

There is also a dedicated Custom res option but i forgot where

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

10. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke Registered

I always use the latest driver on the 6900XT on windows 11, works fine at least on my computer (ryzen9).
    I would not like to use a old driver as the newer ones are way more performative.

11. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Hello, does anyone have the 6800 graphic? I bought it before yesterday and it was going well until today, with the updated drivers it looks perfectly but there are servers that throw me out of the room, however I put the 2022 drivers and it doesn't throw me out of the servers but the image quality is quite worse, any solution? thanks

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

v22.5.1 is the only stable solution. S397 is investigating, but have no cure at this time. I was not aware the image quality improved with later drivers. I've stuck with v22.5.1 since the problem became apparent so I can't comment on image quality.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  13. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

By mistake I had mine updated for a week or so, until I stumbled on some tracks that would not load. I couldnt notice any differencies in graphics quality. But reverted back to good old comfy v22.5.1.
    This is my settings in AMD software
    6800xt-1.PNG 6800xt-2.PNG

Juan Cofiño likes this.