CSL Elite Wheel not responding

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Speedway, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Speedway

Speedway Registered

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I've searched and couldn't find it mentioned.
    I'm new to RF2 but I've been using my CSL Elite in AC, ACC, AMS2 etc for a few years without issue.

After install, I've configured the wheel successfully in the RF2 settings. Wheel rotation, pedals, gear changes etc are all being detected successfully and I've assigned all my controls.

Upon loading into a practice session, I engage first gear and as I try to pull out of the garage the in game wheel will not react to any input. Gear changes, pedals and all other inputs are working correctly, just not any rotation of the wheel (ie I can't turn the car, just drive back and forth in a straight line).

Windows, Fanalab and RF2 settings menu are all detecting the wheel correctly.

(PC Spec - AMD 5800x3D, Radeon 6950 XT, 32GB RAM, Windows 10. Usually play in VR but just trying it on a flat screen for now to get it working)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seen this a few times, never worked out what's going wrong but deleting (or renaming if you want to compare later) the controller.json in your UserData\player folder, and starting again (you'll have to assign your controls again) should do it.

When I've helped people with this no amount of reassigning or recalibrating seemed to help.

3. David Short

David Short Registered

Hi @Speedway I hadn't played in a couple months because I was waiting for new VR goggles but fired it up last night and same thing happened to me with my CSL Elite. While I was in the pits I clicked on the Calibrate Controls tab and in the Input Calibration section the top section for the wheel I pressed the CENTER tab and then turned the wheel left and right to see that the triangles filled with blue to indicate that the game was responding to the input. That seemed to fix it for me went back to the pits and drove out and steering worked fine. I hope that helps.

Speedway and Lazza like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Speedway Hi
    after you enter the game for 1st time you have to choose from the rfactor 2 settings a profile for your steering wheel
    i have same wheel csl elite ps4 version and i usually choose the one that says csl elite or something
    After that the wheel might NOT WORK immediately and needs even a windows restart
    if this still not working then just unplug the usb cable of you steering whell from your motherboard and put it in a different usb port
    usualy a usb2 or 3 port is fine NOT need 3.1 or 3.2
    try this mate and report back
    i have same wheel and works perfect

5. Speedway

Speedway Registered

Thanks all for your replies and help.
    @David Short that fixed it for me, thanks a lot.

Appreciate it

David Short likes this.