[REL] MIXHUD (SHQM + Tiny Compact HUD) for UltraWide Monitors

Discussion in 'Other' started by Diego Barjollo, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

Hi Diego
    I'm getting back into racing after many moons off to resolve some "old man" issues.

I have purchased a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor and would love to have your HUD mod but here's the catch. As I mentioned I'm old & slow and have no idea how to mess with these MAS files.

Any chance you could make one for this size & post a link for it here for dummies like me??? I'm a wizard at clicking links:)

Would be greatly appreciated Amigo,
    Gordon

2. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

Hi Gordon. Did you try the 5120x1440 version? Could work for you. Just download it with your magical skills and try it ;)

3. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

Howdy Diego
    First & foremost, thank you very much for responding so quickly, a class act indeed!
    I tried the 5120x1440 version as you suggested & got mixed results as seen below. The lower boxes got "squrshed" sideways & didn't position to the sides.
    MIXHUD 3440X1440 TEST.jpg
    I see that nolive721 had success by changing the screen rez line for horizontal but that was awhile back and the tech remains far beyond me.

As before, your help would be greatly appreciated,
    Gordon

PS: Did I mention that your avatar indicates that you are not only generous but a very handsome man?

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  4. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

Well Dangme Diego that did it!!!
    Out to the sides & unsquirshed, you da man.
    Huge thanks for your support.

Gordon :):):)

5. Diego Barjollo

You are welcome. Glad to hear it worked. ;)

6. bugibow60

bugibow60 Registered

Hi guys, thank you very much for this. This is exactly what I was looking for, however I have a resolution of 3840x1600 and I can't get it to change as described. Could you create one for me at my resolution?
    I am using a 38'inch monitor with 21:9

7. Diego Barjollo

Hi Bugibow60, I don't have a Monitor with that resolution to check and order the parameters correctly. So if I modify only the .INI file for your monitor resolution, the result will be that you will see the black boxes of MFDs and Chat box on the sides, yes, but the text will be messy and may appear outside of them. I can do it, but the result will not be optimal.

Corti and bugibow60 like this.
  8. bugibow60

bugibow60 Registered

I have optimal overlays via SimHub, so it's not bad. The HUD's would have been good about rfactor. Unfortunately, all parameters are not well seized. But as I said, it's not bad ;)

9. Diego Barjollo

5120x1440 MIXHUD version updated:

- V2 Font issues solved.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Vanisch and Corti like this.
  10. Diego Barjollo

I think i need your knowledge to fix this. @svictor @lonestar29

As you can see, i have a mess with the pedals trying to add them in the HUD, what can i do to solve it? Is it something like a conflict with the Delta gauge? Something about "needle parameters" (wich i have no idea for what they are)?

[​IMG]

11. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, for pedal, it is easier do it with notepad:

First you need to have a color strip that at least 100 pixel length, and 10 width or more(depends on how much wider you need), and determine whether have the strip shown vertically or horizontally.

Then in INI file, find "DGAUGE = THROTTLE" line (assume you have already added) like below:

DGAUGE = THROTTLE
    Texture = HUDTEXTURE.TGA
    ScreenPos = 0.112, 0.118
    ScreenSize = 0.020, 0.182
    TextureRec = 710.000, 934.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 933.000

TextureRec = 720.000, 932.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 931.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 930.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 929.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 928.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 927.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 926.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 925.000
    TextureRec = 720.000, 924.000
    and repeat till you have about 100 TextureRec lines (397hud uses around 95 lines)

For example, if it is vertical pedal bar:

The 2 values of first TextureRec line determine:
    The x coordinates (pixel position) on the HUD tga image where the color strip is.
    The y coordinate is the vertical pixel position, which should be set with 1 pixel increment per line. Depends on expanding direction, this y coordinate value may need to set as reversed order (descending number).

The 2 values of second(and onward) TextureRec line determine:
    The x coordinate is the horizontal width, which in my case is 720 (720-710= 10 pixel width), and all following lines will have the same x coordinate value.
    And for y coordinate, you just need to increase(or decrease) the first TextureRec line value by 1 pixel per line (make sure to set the first y coordinate correctly). About 90-100 vertical TextureRec lines should be enough.

For horizontal pedal bar, y is the "width", and x is the length(1 pixel increment).

Lastly, adjust ScreenPos and ScreenSize value in DevMode to change position and size. Repeat this for brake bar.

tip: manually typing everything would be wasting time, an easy method is to use notepad++, and hold "alt" key while use mouse left button to vertically select all x or y values, then just typing new values for fast batch editing.

12. Diego Barjollo

That explanation clarified everything for me. I had just copied and pasted all the lines of the HUD 397, I had added the "color sticks" to this hudtexture that I use, and of course, nothing matched like that. Now everything is in place and working properly. Thank you very much Victor! :)

Do you have any idea what everything related to needle is for?

svictor likes this.
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

The needle stuff should be used for analog gauge, as old ISI/397 HUD have used them.

Diego Barjollo and TJones like this.
  14. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

Hi Diego, I need your help again because studio 397 appears to have done something in recent updates that affects the message center text in custom hud's (but not 397 hud's), hmmm .... interesting.

Mine was the 3440 x 1440 version you did. As you will see in the image (if you squint) it has become truly tiny. Has this happened with yours?
    TINY TEXT.jpg
    I have read through advice you have given others regarding making adjustments in the INI file. I have even learned how to extract the INI from the MAS file, be able to adjust parameters (if I new which ones), put it back in & save as a new MAS file.

Alas, I have no idea how to "package it in a rfcmp file" to re-install & test.

Would you be able to correct this easily for me & others? Or perhaps give me some guidance on which parameters to adjust & how to make the rfcmp thingy? The latter would probably be best as you don't have the same size monitor to review changes with.

I will humbly await your reply oh great tech wizard.

15. Diego Barjollo

Hi Gordon, I have changed the font in the main version, 5120x1440 and it is bigger now and easy to read as you can see here

[​IMG]

And also I have good news for you, I managed to customize my monitor resolution to 3440x1440, I'm working in a new version to add the new pedal gauges and then will make the 3440 version ;)

[​IMG]

Are you interested in these 397wideHUDs as well? Check them here -> https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-for-ultrawide-monitors-5120x1440-only.74171/
    Could be a version for 3440x1440 too :)

svictor and Gordon Carter like this.
  16. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

I had a look but don't see one in my size. Plus I like YOURS & remain a loyal fan, so I will wait. If you could toss up a post when it's ready that would be awesome just like you. Is that enough sucking up? Because I have more if needed. Cheers & thanks again.

17. Diego Barjollo

I think it's enough, yeah :p:D

Don't forget my version is not "mine", it's a mix of SHQM HUD and TinyHUD, they did it first ;)

I know there is no 3440 version of the 397wideHUD, but I can add it to the community. Just tell me wich one of the three would you like to have.

18. Gordon Carter

Gordon Carter Registered

I will choose B & be very grateful as always. Stay "Bad" my friend.

19. Diego Barjollo

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    svictor likes this.
  20. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

Just found this and am using it:)
    I play in VR but have a 2440x1440 monitor, scales great for me in VR (Valve Index)
    Thank you
    Ps, would be great if it could display FFB :)