Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

If the patch is properly installed you should see Mugello 1.11b in the track selection instead of 1.11

2. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

Hey Everyone! It took me longer than I initially hoped, but I finally finished an AIW update for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve aka Montreal! This is for DDrivers Montreal v1.9 in the steam workshop, not sure if you need the original ISI Montreal but I don't think you do. This is a track I've watched races at many times so I wanted to make sure it was as good as I could get it before I shared it. Had to do a new AIW from scratch so if something doesn't work you can blame me haha

Modifying the original AIW gave me a CTD consistently, so I figured if I was going to do everything over, I may as well make a couple improvements. The AI shouldn't spin too often even though they really hate some of the curbs here. I've made the corridors as aggressive as I can without killing the AI lap time, it's probably as good as I can get it. Tested twice, second time I felt brave and did a full 72 multi-car race and was surprised at how few spins there were.

Shows up as Montreal DD next to the track by the same name, version is 1.91

Link to Mega NZ Folder:
    https://mega.nz/folder/3rBQADAL#SN9t07Y1uhW8fxgXriRqJA

Original Changes from 1.9 to 1.91 -

- New fast line improving AI lap times by 2 seconds in a GTE car (3 to 4 sec with AI learning 2 and around 1 hour of practice due to chicanes)
    - Added a Block and Wet line, as there were neither
    - Changed Pit speed during all sessions to real life pit speed (80 KPH)
    - Changed Safety Car Lap Speed to be slightly faster than Formation Lap Speed
    - Adjusted AIRange, SlowWhenPushed and AIDraftStickiness for a more competitive AI
    - Narrowed corridors in most chicanes to help AI stay on track and not spin off curbs
    - Slightly adjusted cut track to match new AI lines in corners

Things I Didn't Plan To Do Originally -

- Added more garage and pit spaces to support 60 cars, up from 36 originally
    - Added additional grid start spots, increasing total to 72 supported starting positions to keep AI from spawning in the abyss
    - New Left, Right, Main and Pit lines
    - New Pace car position for formation lap and while in pits

Known Issues -

- Vehicles with stiff suspensions (Prototypes in my testing) have a tendency to lose the rear end through Champions due to the rumble strip nature of the chicane. It doesn't affect most stable cars and the AI lose quite a bit of time if they don't attack the last chicane. My personal recommendation is to force the AI to use a custom setup with a much softer rear end so they have an easier time going over the bumps and correcting slides if they spin out constantly.

Happy racing everyone!

Mauro, svictor, atomed and 3 others like this.
  3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

4. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

Oop! Very sorry, I uploaded right before I went to bed, wanted to make a small change and had moved the files already. Just saw I had the version numbers backwards, I'm blaming the sleepiness haha. Reuploaded and all should be well now.

atomed, Manfredk2 and Emery like this.
  5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Excellent job mate :) Never had such a good race at Montreal before :)

SecondSplit and atomed like this.
  6. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

That's awesome, thank you! I'm glad to hear the extra time spent was worth it. Also, thanks for catching the version error, probably would have been at least a couple days before I tried it myself out of curiosity if no one had told me haha.

atomed likes this.
  7. svictor

svictor Registered

Edit:
    The correct fix should be fully separating all 3 types of corridors between pit & main paths from overlapping each other, starting from pit entry to exit, and disconnecting branches in between. This will also fix the no green flag with rolling start issue(as mentioned in official guide).

-------------------
    Since I can't leave message on workshop page, I'll post here:

There is currently a pitstop cancelling issue with James' Daytona track (as we are having an endurance race this weekend).

This issue happens when player enter pit through the red circle section(while the blue section is fine):
    002.jpg

This issue is due to nearby main path "cut corridor" overlapping with the nearby pit lane entry line path "cut corridor":
    001.png
    Because cut corridors don't overlap in blue section (of first pic), it does not trigger the issue in blue section.

PS: this issue was introduced since last year Q3 update when the new anti-cut system was implemented.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    atomed likes this.
  8. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Can one of you talented lads have a look at Townsville 0.47.
    Current issues below:
    - inconsistent sector times eg) too fast sector one, two slow sectors 2 and 3.
    - when ai come out of the pits they veer straight into the fast driving lane.
    - when you select formation lap it is like ground hog day, they never get to the race they keep doing formation laps. (Probably a track thing not an ai thing)

thanks

9. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

I just put out a quick fix, I only adjusted the cut track, I missed the part about the other corridors as well so I may have to relook tomorrow and possibly make a second fix. In my quick test tonight though the ai wasn't piling up at the pit exit, so hopefully this quick fix of the corridors at least fixed that.

SecondSplit, vava74 and svictor like this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Could you provide a recorded replay with some good and quick laps?

Petethepawn likes this.
  11. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Sure can I’ll get it to you

Manfredk2 likes this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks! I have just tested v1.06 24h layout and all works well include rolling start.

atomed and vava74 like this.
  13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Just done: https://mega.nz/file/WscgRBJT#RrqyvcCrnqgSW5j6zAzjLoVVSgX1Nmlr0f-5JQ71pc0 - please try it. Pit issue should be solved. There was a bad waypoint connection which forced the AI to make a hard brake. Drove a complete new pit line. Adjusted also the corridors at the hairpin. Please try. I think its a generally AI problem that they ignore sometimes barriers when attacking. Would be great if there would be a sort of waypoint flag such as "dont attack/overtake here"

bears, svictor, Corti and 2 others like this.
  15. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Wow you're a legend!

I'll try and give it a go tonight if I get a chance ;)

Thanks!!

16. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Brilliant Manfred :)

Night and day difference.

Only thing I can see now, which I don't know if can be fixed, or how the AIWs are created....
    is on the way down 'The Avenue' and through 'Dentons' the AI tend to brake at 'Dentons', whereas I can either go flat or just lift a little.

(Names taken from here --> https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/united-kingdom/oulton-park.html)

Other than that excellent work - thank you for doing that :D

Manfredk2 likes this.
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

bears, Corti, svictor and 2 others like this.
  18. bears

bears Registered

@r00b Driver Manfred is indeed a legend slowly improving AIW for track after track, his magic can make an poor track into a must race... he is an unsung hero of RF2 offline racing...

Fern Lop, Hazi, Flatspotter and 3 others like this.
  19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I´ve tried to fix this also at the other layouts. Patch could be found here: https://mega.nz/folder/CIIlGQ5C#jmMrO8sfvanSx4D6X8PaLg - uninstall patch for Island-layout first

atomed, r00b Driver and Corti like this.
  20. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

@Manfredk2
    Re Townsville 2012
    https://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4445.0

I think this is a good representation as to the different speed at sectors on Townsville.
    To Summarise it best
    Sector 1 - AI to fast by .5 to 0.7 per second
    Sector 2 - AI to slow by 0.8 to 1.0 per second
    Sector 3 - AI to slow by 0.3 to 0.5 per second

Other issue: when ai leave pits they pull directly into fast lane

I tried to send my replay (hot lap_ .vcr but it didn't want to attach, I can send it you via email or upload if you require.
    PS) Jason Winton time set by human - the rest where AI
    AI set at 100%

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023