It seems to me that in an offline race the AI with a Porsche 992 can access disabled setup options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fcod, Jan 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. fcod

fcod Registered

Hello everyone,
    I have been able to observe that in an offline race with a Porsche 992 the AI can access gear ratio settings that are disabled.
    I have checked the maximum speed in each gear with a car controlled by the AI and I have compared it with the maximum speed of each gear with my car and the AI has much higher speeds when my car in the same gear reaches the maximum with a speed minor.
    This problem does not allow you to compete equally against the AI

2. EricW

EricW Registered

The AI of the 992 are extremely slow in laptimes imho...
    Maybe not in top speed, didn't check tbh.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The Ai never changes setup options.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, i observed that too, for other Mods. Seen in Moddev.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's impossible to have several AI driving like humans and their cars behaving with realistic physics all running in a desktop computer. Games need to create the illusion that it's happening when it's not. I don't think there's anything resembling a simulated car like the one we drive and an AI that drives it but it has to look like there is. The more close you look at it the more you will notice it's an illusion. Just like with the magician's tricks.

My take on it would be reporting the flaws but at the same time try to fall easy into the illusion for the fun. While it will never be perfect, some flaws like this could be fixed even though the AI might then be too slow and need tweaks in some other area to keep up to pace.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's cool that you're trying to help, but you're stretching the facts here to fill the story. The AI share the same gear ratios, if there's a mismatch is guess it's down to static and/or dynamic tyre radius (since they do have their own tyres). Sounds like a bug to me, though probably not the AI accessing alternate setup options.