Montecarlo and Monza circuit problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Roberb, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Roberb

Roberb Registered

Hi all, I have a strange problem that I can't solve by myself. A couple of regularly purchased circuits, Montecarlo and Monza, have tremors, a sort of stuttering that doesn't allow me to drive on the circuits mentioned. The strange thing is that it only happens for those two circuits while all the others are fine. My PC is a Lenovo T5 i7 10700 2.90ghz 16GB RAM with RTX 2060 6GB video card. Does anyone know of a fix or procedure to eliminate this problem? Thank you

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Would start by checking CPU and RAM use.

CPU: press Ctrl-C and check the purple bar. If it's full or approaching the right-hand side it would indicate an issue.

RAM: GPU ram specifically - I think pressing Ctrl-F a couple of times will show a RAM usage bar, should be green.

Are you testing alone on track or with AI? Try fewer AI if you have them.

Roberb likes this.
  3. Roberb

Roberb Registered

I don't understand if I have to do those tests in game or not. However I tried in game and I do not activate any bars. I press crtl and c at the same time but neither bar activates. Same thing for ctrl + f.
    I simulate off-line championships then ride with the A.I of 20 cars. Can I try lowering the number of cars managed by the A.I

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, yes, while driving a car. Maybe your keys are different, should be in Assignments somewhere.

Roberb likes this.
  5. Roberb

Roberb Registered

I'll try

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Ciao Roberto, can you post a screenshot of your graphics' settings too?

@Lazza I just checked the specs and, at least what is on sale in Portugal, this PC is sold with a single stick of 16GB RAM.
    I know that Intel CPUs are not as AMDs, which hate single stick, but, perhaps this is not helping OR even the RAM stick is in the wrong slot?

Also Roberto, can you check your system properties and confirm at which speed the RAM is working? Frequently the PCs are shipped with certain hardware specifications, but not configured to use them wholly.

7. Roberb

Roberb Registered

Hi vava74 my card is a RTX 2060 6Gb. The PC has an I7 10700 processor clock speed 2.90GHz. 16GB of RAM. The strange thing is that this problem that I have defined as light stuttering (microshots that reduce fluidity) only occurs with the Montecarlo and Monza circuits, while for the others everything is perfect. Now I say, if my system is giving this problem, then it would do it on all circuits and not just two. I err?

8. vava74

vava74 Registered

Ciao Roberto, the specifications may not being used to 100%.
    For example, a screen shot with this information:
    [​IMG]

9. Roberb

Roberb Registered

10. vava74

vava74 Registered

Ciao Roberto,
    All looks OK as 3000Mhz is a good speed (not sure if the max which the RAM allows, but it's high enough).
    I have seen that the recording of replays can create stuttering, so you might try to disable them to see if makes any difference.
    Your hard drive is a SSD, which should be reasonably fast, but windows/rf2 may not be getting along at 100% during the process of storing them.

Roberb likes this.
  11. Roberb

Roberb Registered

Replays have long been turned off. The strange thing I repeat is the fact that this problem only concerns Montecarlo and Monza and this is the inexplicable thing. Possibly they are not well optimized for my system. So I don't think it's a hardware problem.
    If the archiving process is out of sync with rFactor2, it should be for all plots not just those two. I remain of the opinion that they have not been optimized to the best or that there are other problems that I am not aware of. In this way, however, I will no longer buy anything from the tracks precisely for the fear of running into a similar problem. Pity!

12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

These two tracks aren't the most demanding. Which other tracks have you tried? Nords and Laguna Seca are examples of more demanding tracks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  13. Roberb

Roberb Registered

In fact I believe it well that they are not the heaviest to support. that's why I say it must necessarily be a problem not with my PC. I have purchased only Imola (as well as the two mentioned Montecarlo and Monza) and Imola is fine, no micro stuttering defects. I won't buy any more circuits because I don't want to risk losing more money since the risk seems high... out of three circuits purchased, two I can't use.

14. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Your risk is 100%.
    Imola was made by Reiza.
    It's not a S397 track.

Roberb likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

As @elgagon stated, Imola is essentially a 3rd party track that has not yet received the full graphic treatment that we get with Monza & Monte Carlo. Both of the latter are Laser Scanned tracks with IBL shaders, wet weather shaders, etc etc. When Monza was released there were several comments about frame rate slowdowns as you turned onto the final straight.(essentially when the Pit Area becomes visible again in the distance) I believe that was specific to certain users, I have never noticed it myself.
    So your comparison between Imola & Monza is like comparing a Shetland Pony to a Thoroughbred Race Horse. IF you want to use the laser scanned, high detail tracks, you will have to reduce your graphic settings & Reduce the number of AI. Looking back at your original post, the specifications of your system itself might be as much a problem as how much Vram or System Ram is being consumed.
    Branded systems like HP, or Packard Bell, Lenovo rarely target gamers and thus include components that often are cut down versions of retail parts. Believe it or not, even a weak power supply can lead to onscreen loss of performance.
    The Bad News/Good News about Imola: Reiza(who made the track for Automobilista 1 and then converted it for sale in the rF2 world) has begun upgrading the graphics of their tracks (& we think cars} that are for sale in rF2. The bad news for you is that once those graphic improvements are pushed out to rF2 users, you will probably suffer the same fps slowdown you are getting with the Monza & Monte Carlo tracks. Finally, if you purchased Imola via the Rieza track pack, I would suggest you check out the other tracks included in the bundle. VIR(Virginia International Raceway) it is a sheer driver's delight. The two South American tracks also lend nice variety. All of those should eventually be updated to the current level of rF2 graphics so might be best to try them now.

elgagon likes this.
  16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Have you tried to do some graphics tunning? Many of us are using these tracks with less hardware than you. Most of this thread it's you playing the victim with no effort to make it work. You've been asked to try some things and you won't answer.

17. Roberb

Roberb Registered

wow so much material to talk about. I understood, from your explanation, why Imola doesn't have any problems while Montecarlo and Monza do. I knew that the Imola circuit had been done by Reiza but I hadn't correlated the factor since in motorist 2 it doesn't give me any problems.
    I'm confused about a few factors:
    1) I know that unassembled PCs and therefore directly produced by well-known brands (such as Lenovo) use some pieces of poor quality media to earn more and more. These certainly include the power supply (where they save money) and some other components such as heat sinks, fans, etc. However, the problem is obvious only with rF2 while with all the others I have no problems of any kind. (I'm talking about all the best-known sims except iRacing which I don't have because I don't like subscriptions).
    2) I put off the replays ... nothing to do. I lowered the quality of the game...nothing has changed. I upgraded the A.I cars from 20 to 9 and again there was no improvement. Everything you said I tried but nothing changed.
    You tell me that the problem was also highlighted by others at the beginning and therefore this reinforces the problem.
    I bought Imola alone (not in the Reiza package) and I really think I'll be careful not to make other purchases (I bought two BTCC cars the day before yesterday) whether they are circuits or cars.
    For now I have no such problems with any other sim and if I do I will make my own decisions. I'm very sorry but I think rF2 will let it go because these mistakes are not tolerable since I spend money on it.
    Thanks for the info!

18. Roberb

Roberb Registered

what do you mean i won't answer? I don't understand! Am I using too much hardware? I think we don't understand each other well!

19. elgagon

elgagon Registered

In your case i wouldn't buy the S397 cars either because are heavier than the unoficial ones.

Roberb likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

reduce your graphic settings & Reduce the number of AI