Rejoin possible or not ?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by DanRZ, Jan 8, 2023.

1. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, are there really a way to get back on track after an "Exit to monitor" and avoid a DNF ?

I have read here that some dedicated server parameters in MultiPlayer.JSON that should allow it :

"Race Rejoin":3,
    "Race Rejoin#":"Whether disconnected players can rejoin a race session: 0=no 1=yes with fresh vehicle 2=yes with vehicle in same physical condition 3=yes including setup",

I tried with the 3 value and it does not work. Didn't try 1 or 2 ... maybe later.

Is this function really working or are there another parameter to setup ?
    Or maybe there is another procedure to connect ... Enter as spectator ... Swap to driver ?

Thanks.

Some older post : https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rejoin.55617/

2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, with the help of @Marcel Offermans i now know how to enable properly rejoining.

> On server side you need to choose a good value for "Race rejoin" in Multiplayer.JSON.
    ( "Race Rejoin#":"Whether disconnected players can rejoin a race session: )
    > On player side you need to get out of the race without using Escape and not "Exit to monitor".
    The way i used was just killing the rF2 window in the taskbar by a right click.

Then anyone can rejoin the server if he is disconnected and get back in pits if his car can't run after a big crash and continue racing.

There are 4 modes linked to the "Race rejoin" value :
    • 0 = no : You can get back in session using the same car but you won't be able to drive.
      You can click on "Drive", but you will stay in pits and engine won't start. You're "DNF".
      In fact you can only spectate.
    • 1 = yes with fresh vehicle : When you get back in session, your car is brand new, ready to start in Pits and you can use "Drive" to get back on track but with one or more laps down which is normal.
    • 2 = yes with vehicle in same physical condition : Same as 1 but your car is still broken in the same state as before disconnecting/force quitting.
    • 3 = yes including setup : Same as 2 but with setup.
    "Including setup" means the last modification you've made on your setup before starting race without "saving" it and use "assign".

I noticed that if you "assign" a setup before race, you will always get it back, that's what "assign" is for.
    I always assign a setup by the way ...

Using the value 1 on the server, turns it into an unlimited "fast repair" mode like iRacing.

There probably should have some sort of added penalty if engine was totally broken, but there is no penalty. Light damages or car totally wrecked, engine broke, you will still get back a brand new and fresh car by rejoining in mode 1.

If some S397 developer passes by, i think there should be some improvements on the rejoin implementation to do ... just my thoughts. Why not create a /tow command that makes the same thing ?

Now i can enable the rejoin function on my server :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you press escape, then you can't re-join, unless a server admin disqualifies you, then un-disqualifies you.

Deleted member 58016 and DanRZ like this.
  4. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Yes, i also heard this method but couldn't test it solo ... or maybe i will try on myself at some point :D

5. I think it has been implemented to enable people to re-join after a disconnect - for whatever reason the disconnect happened. Lets assume we could enter the race after pressing ESC and the server admin has chosen option "1" ... ;-)