[REL] Nurburgring 1967

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mauro, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Some guys found this space-time portal :)

Eric Rowland, vava74, bears and 2 others like this.
  2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

:eek::eek::eek:

pascom likes this.
  3. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I missed that hill, in colision area. Noted. Thanks.

Mauro and pascom like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is why track builders should always have BAD drivers testing the tracks...Good Drivers never find those 'off the beaten path' errors!
    :)

5. pkelly

pkelly Registered

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Car modders too. Good drivers with their correct driving inputs provide feedback only on normal scenarios. Bad drivers are essential to confirm if a mod is realistically exposing and killing the drivers when subject to sub-optimal inputs. This is my specialty.

7. atomed

atomed Member

That´s one really good point you made there.

8. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Unfortunetly that is not the point for that error, it's not a normal mistake, it can happens when we have the barrier in one place and we decide to move the barrier to a position far away. It was what happened here I had the barrier in the bottom of the hill, and I found later it was in the top, but the ground was not updated accordingly. When I made the final review for it I didn't saw it, so it's not a problem of being good or bad driver it's a problem of observation. The modders need to be medium drivers at least to make good AIW's.
    I have already corrected the error but not upload it, so take care.

9. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

With a track of this size its easy to forget couple collision markings from them as i did partially port this track myself as a seperate project and i know its around 2000 files atleast so its easy to miss couple sections of the track in the scene file especially with the scale of this track it would take a long time to go through all the edges of the track to make sure collisions are applied correctly.

But i have to say you did a really nice conversion job on this as its the level of quality what the track should have. Keep up the good work! :D

Dale B, pkelly, vava74 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I don't know what you mean by conversion. The earlier tracks had nothing to do with this layout I could only found 2 versions which were the same the GPL and Assetto Corsa. Unless there is any other that I don't know, both tracks are substancially different all the way speccially in the Nordschleife part.
    Thanks for your comment.

11. EmperorOfFinland

I and some other people of the RF2 community were on the process of converting the Assetto corsa version to RF2 but that work no longer needs to be done as its basically same as the version you have used. if its the same we do have a camera file for the combined nords with nice helicopter shots for the track. so it might be compatible with the track.

12. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

pascom likes this.
  13. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

[​IMG]

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I recall the AC version had some elevation corrections in addition to texture improvements?

15. EmperorOfFinland

the ac version is much improved over the GPL version its not even the same version.

Emery likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The new sound system might be able to do that :p

So this is scratch?

17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I did some laps, looks like a conversion from the AC version.

This is sad, because I did the cameras based on videos from that time with helicopter style cams for the other version that Emperor and Philrob were working on, and this version have really bad cameras in my opinion, too much cameras, cuts, looks like a modern short track style broadcast.

There's clearly lack of communication on the community.

18. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I have the AC version in 3ds Max and it's relatively wrong in the layout and heights in the Nordschleife part, I know it that because I have also a scanned version of Nordschleife and my version is pretty close to it. There are some differences at the time from the actual track, but they never changed the layout as is in the AC version.

https://mega.nz/file/a3A2iCSB#wfjcZWpybayfwges5gt3UDE_dbRyUAlOx2l9BQQbmEI

The picture shows both tracks my track which is in black and the AC in blue I need to have the track coincident in a section so I choose the straight it 's seen from the TOP they are not similar, and if I choose the Nurburgring section the AC track is moved to the left all the way. In the lower section the heights specially after the Karrousel are completely out. This is a far scale because getting it close things are too wrong the high and lows in the AC track are more evident and not correct. When we drive the AC track in AC we seemed to be movved to a different track, that was the feeling I had. Believe me I'm doing tracks for about 22 years and that track is wrong. From the modern layout that doesn't changed in the Nords part since the 70's, and they did not too much from the earlier track, the track is basically the same (of course now it has kerbs and little differences but not the ones seen in AC.

There is no lack of communication, since I didn't know that someone else was doing that track when I started 2 months ago. Besides I knew that there were a payed version one day before release it. If I knew there were in course that version from AC I would not wanted to participate on it, due to the reasons I stated above.
    This is not a conversion from AC if you look at the picture above you'll understand it.
    I agree 100% with you about the cameras, I have no clue how to do them, so I do the basic which are normally howfull.
    If you want to loose some time I'll be glad if you do them I'll give you credit for it of course.

Yes it's from scratch. I have copied 3 buildings from AC version and some textures that I found would be a lost of time redo them since they were ok.

Emery, vava74, philrob and 1 other person like this.
  19. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

v2.0 - - Updated the road in Breldschelde, delayed the road descend with a more sharp descend in Brunnchen (inserted a new bridge), a new road climb in Antoniusbuche (in the straight), a rumble in the last chicane area. New textures and materials for the bushes infield and outfield, a new collision. Updated the AIW. New set of rrbin files.
    To start the chronometer counting in the first lap when leaving the pits continue straight close to the second garages until the end of the cement road passing right way of the small poles with the chain then the chronometer should start (please use it only in the first lap and the lap time will be slightly lower than a normal lap since the counting is starting later).

oldman, GPNeville, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  20. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Great track! One of my friends is having trouble subscribing to it though. He gets this gMotor 2 error:
    Invalid filename for texture file CONC_BRIDGE.DDSErrror loading texture
    COCNC_BRIDGE for material CMWL_BRIDGE.
    Error loading global material CMWL_BRIDGE
    Mesh : BRIDGE_006
    Instance : BRIDGE_006
    Any idea what's causing this? Runs great on my system, thanks for the great work!