Wheel profile will not hold

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MikeV710, Apr 23, 2022.

1. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I was adjusting some settings per some recommendations with recent performance Issues and while doing so I noticed I was getting this "missing car parts" again. So I looked up this thread...

To my surprise, we don´t seem to have the "Auto detail FPS" option any more. So what gives?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just open up your player.json, search for "framerate" and the first match will be this:

"Auto Detail Framerate":0,

Make sure the number is 0. Also make sure you leave the comma after it, or the game will say the file is broken.

I remember some comments that this was removed with the new UI (update), and it was probably removed for the very reason you've talked about here - it confuses people. It's also (IMO) an old school setting that was never that useful anyway - it's reactive, so it doesn't prevent an initial performance drop before trying to help by making other cars look weird. It's always been better to just adjust the overall graphics to suit your system and expected heaviest load.

Of course if you have that on 0 and still getting missing car parts, you should investigate/ask about it - but I'd suggest a new thread, since this one was centered around the wheel profiles.

3. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Hi Lazza, thanks for the help but I am afraid that framerate does not show up In my player.json file. Used Ctrl.+F and also visually and It´s not there.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Then something's wrong, because I just tested a completely fresh player.json and the entry I showed is there. It's in the graphic options section, and they're sorted alphabetically so should be easy to find.

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Ok, a bit of a misunderstanding here. As "framerate" nothing Is found, BUT as Auto Display Framerate yes there Is and It´s set to 0.

So my bad for looking up just "framerate" as you suggested, although later you state auto display framerate. It´s the little details that go unnoticed that count sometimes :D Actually, either I misspelled framerate (had my race gloves on) or the search function sucks!

Any how, all good Lazza, and thanks again. Always of great help Sir.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, you must have mistyped it. I said only framerate as it's the best single word to search for, and easier than the whole thing (and, obviously, if you can find the whole thing, you should be able to find any of the words it contains). I was worried you might have some missing entries in your file so glad that's not the case.

Cheers!

MikeV710 likes this.
  7. Stepy

Stepy Registered

Wheel keeps losing ffb at the start of each session and if i go back to garage after being out on track the ffb is gone ? i have mapped a key to reset ffb, sometimes i have to press it once other times it can be like ten times. Anybody know how to fix this ? so annoying I`m using a TGT - II on windows 11.