LMP2 Faster Than Hypercars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DerrickM, Dec 8, 2022.

1. DerrickM

DerrickM Registered

Its December 2022. I just got around to drive the Moyoda GR010 and the other modded hypercars, at Le Mans. They are so slow barely capable of 200 Kmh. They inexplicably get rear ended by LMP2s who don't seem to know that the hypercars are there and that they are going so much faster. Anybody else have this happen?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Real world LMP2 cars of WEC & IMSA have been slowed several times to keep them from direct competition with previous and current LMP1/Hypercars. The LMP2's in rF2, however, are still representative of how the cars performed several years ago and will not be easily integrated with the newer classes.
    The hypercars 'should' be capable of much higher speeds. I think you mis-typed the 200kmh, with the default setup, they easily get over 320kph which is right around 200 MPH. However, the Myoda's did not have a Le Mans specific aero package and they were outpaced by other LMH, LMP1 cars. The Rebellion LMP1 was DRAGGING heavily(Huge amount of sparks) all around the circuit but still could catch the Myodas by the end of the straights.
    You may have to create AI setups for all the Hypercars to at least match the LMP1 cars
    Here is a link to a magazine article talking about the top speed problems when the 2017 LMP2 cars were faster than the first generation of LMP Hybrid cars(Dallara lmp2 reached 340kph, the lmp1 class could not match that)
    I would hope the mod builders come up with a Le Mans specific upgrade for the Myodas, Rebellions, ByKolles etc. AND we need a 2022/23 BOP of the LMP2 class to slow them down.

3. DerrickM

DerrickM Registered

davehenrie, I have to completely agree with your explanation. After driving the Alpine hypercar at Le Mans, I observed the same speed difference. Also while at Mt Fuji, the hypercars seem to be able to hold their speed against the LMP2s. Also the 200 kmh is probably due to the mod graphics as they are meant to show Kilometers while my choice was to show miles per hour.

4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I was just about to post about this topic but found that someone already did.

Since I am no pro on the subject, and would like to go further with these classes, my question Is...

Do we have a fair race with any of the available classes when adding other brandings? I might be wrong but what I see now Is that we have a mash-up of LMP2´s, LMH´s Vanwall and the assorted URD Moyoda and SCG007, along with the Alpine A480. Somewhere are the DPI´s (Acura, Cadillac), and ENSO CLM P1/01 LMP1´s.

So with that said, how can we match for a fair race?

Also, do we know If the actual LMH Vanwall will participate In next years WEC / IMSA as per the FIA / ACO? It seems not, but I am not sure. Maybe as a private contractor?

5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

you give AI all of those cars and see what lap times they do, this is a good way to find close matchups. u can further make them closer by making faster setup for slower car and giving it to AI. for example, default setup will be slow on monza without low wing. so make a good low drag setup for car that is slower and keep faster one on default setup. when u assign a setup for given track-car combo the AI uses it too.
    also if don't mind adding completely different class just because the lap times are close then u can do that too. for example the bmw m4 class 1 might be close to LMH lap times on certain tracks.

P.S : use fast forward by pressing " ctrl + x ", this speeds up entire game, so you don't have to wait long for ai to set laps.

MikeV710 likes this.
  6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thanks @Simulation_Player . I´ll give that a try.

Cheers

Simulation_Player likes this.
  7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Depends on how the legal situation surrounding the Vanwall brand is resolved.

MikeV710 likes this.
  8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I Imagen so, thanks @jayarrbee36

Cheers

9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

No worries :) It's an... interesting little subplot, this one!

MikeV710 likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered