S397: Please update the Porsche RSR interior.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Woller, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Michael Woller

Michael Woller Registered

Look at the beautiful RSR in Automobilista2. In comparison the interior in Rfactor2 is ugly and outdated.

makan, sg333, R.Noctua and 2 others like this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Not only the interior !

3. Michael Woller

Michael Woller Registered

True... There are some more GT3 cars, which need an update also. Rfactor2 is such a good Sim, but come on... the RSR Looks ridicilous. :(

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

memoNo1 and Michael Woller like this.
  5. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

A copy of a reply I've posted elsewhere......

I would definitely agree too but you need to think that as a business how does S397 fund this not inconsiderable work.

The RF2 model, unlike iRacing doesn't involve monthly subscription. With that in mind there is no obvious revenue to keep old content up to date. Other than the potential to attract a limited number of new users, then they won't be getting any extra off the old long term RF2 brigade.

Of course they could bring out Rf3 and charge us all again but would we all be happy with that approach?

6. marklar

marklar Registered

I’d not mind paying for a modern graphic engine, updated cars and tracks.

Craig Waddell likes this.
  7. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Me too but I would be surprised if the majority of people feel that way.

8. Simulation_Player

well for S397 to launch new rf3 , it would need not only graphics engine. improvements and new stuff to physics engine will sale more audience.
    so rf3 will require work in ALL of areas not just graphics , no one wants rf3 with just graphics update.

that being said i think graphics look mighty fine, fix some issues bugs related to it, maybe add few new eye candy options but i would much prefer majority performance of PC allocated due to physics stuff.

9. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Agreed it's a much bigger job than just tarting up the graphics on some cars.

I suppose the question is, how can S397 fund updating old content that becomes dated as the rest of the simulator evolves. This is where the iRacing model which many hate with a vengeance works well.

The more content that becomes available the bigger the issue of keeping it updated is.

10. Simulation_Player

we only have to worry about old stuff that is less popular , GT3/ GTE are extremely popular so there is (should be) incentive to update those. We have received partial updates on GTE cars there are more feature missing but should be done.

less popular stuff that is dated , all we can do is hope for it to be updated. maybe supporting S397 by buying their new DLC will fund them enough to work on old stuff. I think primarily problem is lack of manpower , they have too much on their plate for the staff size.
    S397 have numbers/data , so they should work out how to balance this stuff. 2022 showed rapid pace, which was never seen , i hope it continues and maybe get even better.

11. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

Agreed, GT3 is such core content that it needs to be done well.

They may not be generating revenue from existing content but the reason why most of us play RF2 is superior physics. This is why it can get away with things like AI bugs, long loading times, low quality Porsche, missing functionality (setting up opponents list etc).

If any rival title gets even close with their physics, RF2 may lose it's client base if not treating those pain points, meaning no revenue from new content.

PirroC likes this.
  12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

With regards to how will S397 get funds to keep up with content/updates, well just like most of the other game companies do, which Is with DLC´s for the most part. Other companies although maybe bigger (ETS 2) still update there original content/add-ons to match the newer DLC´s quality at no extra charge. So It´s not like everyone Is following iRacings model here.

Regarding GT3, I would think even more so now that In theory GT3 will substitute WEC/IMSA GTE´s In the coming years. So I would think It´s a good time to jump on the ball sooner and start addressing the Issues with GT3´s. And again, more so now because of the recent push that rF2 has received due to recent updates and It´s LFM presence.

Due to that rF2 has received more exposure on media recently, and S397 should take that opportunity to polish/showcase that It´s In a healthy state at present to those who forgot or are new to rF2. Eyecandy Is a big part of the gaming Industry, needless to say you spend you´re racing time In the cockpit so yeah a nice office Is a good place to be while at work! Not saying It should be to triple A standards but a bit more love In the Interior would benefit us all as a QoL and future drivers of rF2.

Cheers

13. Bernat

Bernat Registered

No one has said it won't be updated, they just have many things in the pipeline. While a visual update is important I'm sure there are many other things equally or more important. Please, be patient and if you want to speed things up support them buying new content.