Disappointing Steam sale.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simulation_Player, Nov 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. lagg

lagg Registered

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It will heat more because it has more grip. The carcass doesn't move, it will deform more but we're not talking very low pressures, just low. All cars already have a lower limit that's reasonable I guess. Do you mean the minimum level should be higher in some cars or the tires should be heating up more? It amazes me the level of detailed technical knowledge of some users in this forum. Where do you get this data from?

3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

looks topic is derailing a bit, anyways seems like im in the minority here wanting the proper sale like other sims are doing.
    carry on though i made my point OP , now its upto S397.

4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I wished a pack containing all this year 4 content drops was sold, say 25% off.
    Can always dream...

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I think this isn't the only sale this year. Maybe it's just a matter of waiting a bit more. Newest content doesn't normally have sales though and packs already have a discount. We'll see.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

In any case, It doesn't Matter.
    In less that two months S97will go to bankrupt and rF2 will disappear.

Troll mode off

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

By the books the middle tire temp should be between internal and external, but some cars setup allow you to set the pressure under 100kpa, which makes the middle temp to be the lowest and it's wrongly faster.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Nope, someone will take the spoil of msg, saving rf2, unless EA buys it, then we're lost.

MikeV710 and lagg like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Over at the STeam forums, there was a post from a fellow who was furious the GTE/LMP2 Endurance pack wasn't on sale. We pointed out it just was last month....I think most of us have seen enough sales to know that sooner or later, all the content will see sale prices. We won't see items like the BTCC car pack grouped into a sale package until after all have been offered at retail prices.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I feel much the same way as you... That's why I don't buy any content. I just think it's too expensive. That's how it is. I'm not going to debate it because debating it won't lower the pricing... Just letting you know, you're not alone

PirroC, Emery and Simulation_Player like this.
  11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yeah this and also the last sale are a bit lame. Just some leftovers

12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It's normal that recent content isn't on sale.

A state-of-the-art TV is not going to be on sale, if ????????

And then for people who bought the DLCs just a few months ago full price, that wouldn't be right.

On the other hand, to say that the cars/circuits are too expensive is nonsense.

(A yes I see, SPA has 4 euro and a car has the unit has 2 euros would be fairer...... Bullshit! Developers don't work for nothing.........).

13. Comante

Comante Registered

It's not the sale that is disappointing, just our revenues :D

14. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Less pressure will give more grip to a point, too little and the contact patch begins to degrade and you'll end up wrecking the tyre.
    Usually a tyre will have a range where the footprint is maintained and the shoulder is supported by pressure. Something like ACC where there is a narrow range would be more true to life, although not as narrow as it is in ACC.

PirroC and avenger82 like this.
  15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Honestly, it's a catastrophe, that they haven't worked out a way to join servers that run a set of cars without having to have bought every single piece of car-content that is used on that server. Even greater catastrophe if they have worked out a solution to this but hasn't chosen to pursue that solution.

16. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

But that is what a sale is. An opportunity to shift more stuff. It is not about keeping people who paid full price, happy. If you or I bought at full price, then it signals we were happy with the price and have no regrets.

As for a Steam sale, yep, it is a missed opportunity to flood the market with RF2 content and piggy-back off the LFM partnership. RF2 need more people playing the game and they need more people in their eco-system. Once this is done, the success will follow.
    I was willing to unload some cash on a bunch of DLC, but the value (for me) is just not there. I am half tempted on the Q4 drop to get some more BTCC goodness....but holding off.

The problem is, RF2 has so much hit or miss content. Some cars are great, some of the older ones are rubbish.
    If this was ACC, I would have bought everything up, even at full price. The reason being, the whole offering of new cars and tracks is consistent and it is excellent.
    AMS2 is sort of the same. I have not experienced any DLC on there that is poor. Some of the base cars are in need of small tweaks, but the overall experience is good.
    With RF2 - it really is a lottery I find, so less willing to part with cash. If however, S397 made the price attractive enough, then not even my wallet could say no.
    It is a balance between winning back trust and shifting content.
    I did buy BTCC packs 1 and 2 recently and I was very impressed. OK, the FFB needed a bit of work, but we got there in the end and it became enjoyable. So steps are being made in the right direction, but, I really feel they need to flood the market with updates and cheaper DLC. Once that trust is won back, they could revert to a fairer pricing model...in my opinion.

PirroC and Simulation_Player like this.
  17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

That's not how it works. The footprint is wider the lowest the pressure. Anyway we're talking about the pressures allowed and they're far from having a big impact in the footprint. This is derailing and going nowhere.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I only briefly checked the whole steam sale for rF2 this time around but it didn't take long to find out that the sale was botched up once again. :rolleyes:

Why are there special packages created for the sales or certain events? It just leads to confusion and frustration. Who is coming up with that nonesense with the content structure that is in place? Simply discount the packages that are allready or better - single items - there and you are good to go. Easy and simple. And on another sidenote: it doesn't take a degree in marketing to find out that this would have been a very good opportunity to advertize the BTCC content and take a look what is booming on youtube due to LFM. The british track pack at half the price would be a no brainer for anyone being on the fence. Just an example, but I think every get's the point. From the comments about the LFM races one of the standout points was that people are intrigued but not sure due to the pricing. Once again, another lost opportunity. :confused:

19. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

Oh, you can. AC with all of its DLC's is nearly for free on Steam. It's not simpler software. It's about being greedy when comes to MG/S397. Or perhaps, they know fanboys will still buy their content. P.S. I'm one of such fanboys when there's something interesting for me.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    FAlonso likes this.
  20. Pawel44

Pawel44 Registered

There are more serious physic flaws like drifting exploit.