SOLVED Game Not Loading

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Danny Hood, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Danny Hood

Danny Hood Registered

Just downloaded the game again and its not working, it was working last week.

Once you run it from STEAM, a window pops up and says "your PC cant run this game, please visit S397 to get a version that will work" maybe not exactly but this is what i remember

Another window pops up and says "ensure that rfactor2.exe is located in Core and this application is in the root of the install directory

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

have you tried to run rF2 from a different storage device? Users with multiple SSd, hdd, etc have found rF2 only recognizes drives below a certain letter...can't remember which right now, possibly N:\ If you have rF2 located outside of Steam's folder tree, that too may be causing problems.
    Make sure you run the graphic config program before running rF2, click PLAY then the 2nd choice. Check to see if your vidcard & screen rez & refresh are all correct.
    Then ensure you are using the regular install, NONE in the beta tab. Properties>betas>choose NONE
    Also in Steam Verify the integrity of the files. Properties>local files>Verify

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you screenshot that first error?

4. Danny Hood

Danny Hood Registered

Its OK, thanks anyway, i looked in the forums and found something i though it could be. I installed/reinstalled the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes and it now works. the only thing is that i never installed any updates to windows or rFactor 2, i reinstalled from steam and thought it would just work.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't worry, the runtimes can be fickle, you won't always know you need to reinstall them. Glad you worked it out!