Help !! Crashing To Desktop

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Simon Johnson, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Registered

Hi all , I hope someone can help , I am new to RF2 having installed it a little under two weeks ago , it has been running without issue until the weekend , it has started crashing to desktop at random times , sometimes in menu , sometimes in a session with no apparent pattern ,this is happening with different cars and different tracks , I have tried the original cars and tracks and it happens there too. I have attached a couple of trace files , if i'm honest I have no idea what I am looking at , I have also tried the trick I have read about whereby you set up a new user file, that failed to help.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you added any new cars and tracks since the sim worked properly?
    Have you ensured you are using the regular install of rF2? (rfactor2>properties>Betas>NONE)
    Have you verified files in Steam? (rfactor2>properties>local files>Verify Integrity.)
    What are your hardware specifications? Videocard & driver version, cpu, system memory.

3. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Registered

Hi Dave, No new cars or tracks added since all was well, yes I'm using the regular install, yes I have verified the integrity of the game files and all is well. Specs, EVGA 3080 GPU, Ryzen 5800 X CPU,32MB 3600 MHz RAM, all drivers up to date.

4. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Registered

The only thing that I've changed is replacing my Fanatec V3's with Heusinkveld Sprints, surely that would not cause any issues?

5. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Registered

Update - Last night I selected to use the last stable version in the Steam beta menu and it runs fine , no issues at all. Other than not having the latest refinements are there any other ramifications running this version - V1130 Will I be able to use LFM?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, LFM and the CS and most servers will be running 1131. The different number indicates incompatibility.

The older build being more stable seems strange, as what you're describing sounds more like a system issue than the game itself. I hope you can find some sort of pattern to it, or someone can identify the core issue...

Simon Johnson likes this.