Impossible to find rally/hillclimb tracks/cars

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by twinkle, Oct 14, 2020.

1. gianluca

gianluca Registered

I necro this if someone is interested in hill climbs.

In their website there are some links from where you can download the tracks, the cars and some video-tutorials about car modding:
    https://montagne.ffsca.org/dl-divers.php
    Click on Locations.rar for the tracks, ModDev.rar for the cars and Tuto01 and Tuto02 for the video-tutorials. Videos are in french language.

The cars are bad, I'm telling you. They aren't in rfcmp format, but just folders to put in moddev\locations\. I tried to use them in dev mode, but RF2 gives me errors.
    So I put some of them in mas and then in rfcmp format and installed. There are the Clio, the Leon MK3, the 106, the 306, the Saxo, the Norma M20, some GT3 cars and some others. Tried the Clio, the 106, the 306 and the Norma and they are not worth it. Bad graphic and handling.
    The tracks instead are in mas format and their folders need to be placed in rfactor2\installed\locations\.
    I tried a few and they are ok. It's not S397 Laser quality, but enough good looking.

The tracks included are these: Abreschviller, Beaujolais, Chamrousse, ColStPierre, Dunieres, Hebecrevon, LaPommeraye, MontDore, Sabran, StGoueno, Turckheim, Vullaifans.

And here my link for Trento Bondone, ST Ursanne, Gorjanci, Trieste, Monte Erice and Ilirska Bistrica:
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6fppqjr0lcr3fvcderxd7/h?rlkey=ix8c56brknzi5m1pr9lr6gn0x&dl=0

As for the cars, the best I can think of are the Osella PA20 and the Clio WRX (that you can find easily with google). Also good are the Bac Mono and the Ariel Atom. I tried also a 4WD version of the Nissan Primera BTCC car by Patrik Marek, with the handbrake enabled, and in Trento was fun.

In the Sim Racing World Hill Climb Championship they use some cars converted from the RF1 Rally World, but they don't want to share them outside their league.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    Desesseints, Corti and atomed like this.
  2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have some goodies to come ;)

pkelly, makan, vava74 and 4 others like this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

Aside from Targa, check Isle of Man too as it's brilliant...
    Unfortunately, as far as I remember, Pikes Peak is pretty drab and a far cry from AC's version (I hope it's a different version).
    The free version of Nords on the Steamworkshop has a reverse rally stage.
    As for the cars, you will get them when you enroll to race on the Hillclimb competition. I have been meaning to do it myself, but I don't have enough time to dedicate to it and I don't want to enroll just to get the cars as that would not be correct from my side.

atomed likes this.
  4. datasting

datasting Registered

5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

I Hope a Say in thé future to drive with this sim on monte Carlo Rally. It s vert important to compare our résultas to Real juste laser scannned if it s a good sim

6. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Keep dreaming. :)
    Rally and hill climbs roads don't allow for the same multiplayer races that racing sims currently host: you have one car at the time. The developers don't want this kind of races, but want multiple cars at the same time. This kind of content can come only from modders.
    The real world roads that we have in game were all used for F1 races, so we have the box area and the road is large enough to have at least two cars side by side. The tight roads that don't obey this rule come from modders.

By the way, Simtraxx made a laser scanned version of the Transfagarasan road for AC and for RF2. But our version is still in beta.
    [edit]
    Oh well, looks like simtraxx took a run with the money, without delivering what he promised and leaving all tracks unfinished. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  7. makan

makan Registered

8. Sergitroon

Sergitroon Registered

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  9. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Don't think so. I subscribed about two years ago and got the links for the tracks and the group H cars, but I don't have the cars anymore and they deleted the mediafire of most of the tracks since then. Some are available in the dropbox link that I've posted in this page.
    I tried to subscribe and contact them this year, but got no answer.
    The cars I tried were conversions, don't expect Enduracers quality. Don't know if they have improved them meanwhile.
    Anyway, if someone has the links and want to share, would be great. We won't tell nobody. :p

10. Sergitroon

Sergitroon Registered

I hate private mods this doesn't help more people buy the simulator , in AC 200 mods of rallye cars in rFactor 2 three cars mods is very sad

11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

They seem to take more pride in their exclusive content than the competition itself. I don't think so and it's a pity.

12. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Yeah, but the best ones are the Celica by Kunos and the Fiesta WRC and Delta S4 by Rallylegends. Most of the mods in AC are crap: 3D models ripped from other games ad attached to some Kunos car physics file.
    There is a website where there are all the rFactor 1 Rally World mod cars converted for AC, but the originals drive better. Zero improvements, in any aspect.
    https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/kit-car
    Being a rally and hill climb fan, I find quite incredible (and sad) that these two games don't have well done group A and B rally cars mods. After all these years there should be something. I was expecting the 037 and the Delta by Rallylegends, but probably will never happen.
    I don't wanna believe that people nowadays want just GT3 and drift cars, or those Rally Cross things. It's really sad.

13. Painkaos

Painkaos Registered

Ich würde es lieben so etwas fahren zu können in rFactor2. Vermutlich ist dass alles weniger in der Hand von großen teams, so dass sich keiner in die daten gucken lässt. Die Strecken wären schon nice auch ohne Autos.

14. el_capitano

el_capitano Registered

15. vava74

vava74 Registered

atomed likes this.