where is bought content , why it is impossible to complete compétition sign up

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Raisi Stephane, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Raisi Stephane

Raisi Stephane Registered

i cant complete competition sign up , i got an error text telling me than upgraded car or tracks cause this ,,,

so i uninstall the game , and i unsuscribe all workshop items , and remove all rfactor2 files from steam common,,, and use ccleaner to clean registry base ,,, and install a new time game

and its same ,, also when i look all car and tracks i dont saw all the buyed content ,,,

and at this time i am a bit tired , i bought 65€ into beta version 2012, , +more than 50 € dlc ,,, and never works well , and ask me 8€ for a car 10 for a track but not shows me if the needed content is present,,,, we are far away from rfactor1 communauty meanings and expectations about rf2.

and i am a bit curious about what i got for my 65€ life online access :) online access is not free for all ?
    actually the game cost is 3.90€ on instant game .

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Online access was just that. A Guarantee by ISI that there would be servers you could access. ISI was paying for servers to ensure online racing back when rF2 first debuted and today there are dozens if not hundreds of servers available. NOTHING ELSE was implied by that sale to you. ISI no longer owns rFactor2. The Competition System is not tied to that promise, even if ISI still owned rF2. However, the Competition System has had several join problems since the last update. Because August is often a near universal vacation month in Europe, I don't expect a quick repair. Usually the problems occur from conflicts between what the CS expects to be installed on your system and 3rd party mods. While several of the series in the Competition System do require tracks & cars that are require purchase, they always have a completely free series as well. I should note that paying for a car or track has nothing to do with online access.
    You purchased something in 2012 for 65€. You have gotten dozens of improvements in graphics, sound, physics and probably another dozen free cars plus free tracks like Zandvoort, Portland etc that have cost you nothing. So for 6.5€ per year you have gotten your Online ACCESS. rF2 still is plagued by a myriad of broken features, especially for offline users, but the pace of progress has picked up since S397 was purchased by MotorSport Games.

atomed likes this.
  3. Raisi Stephane

for moment i am buying content and that not works ! that is the subject.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it does work, if you are properly configuring rF2. AND you can use ANY of it online, there is an entire list of multiplayer servers for dozens of different cars and tracks. THAT is the online access you paid for(again, to a company that no longer owns rF2. The current owners of rF2 are under no obligation to honor any part of ISI's original price plan). However, getting your content to match the Competition System is apparently what you are trying to accomplish. When you register for a series, the Competition System checks your inventory to verify your cars & tracks match the list of cars & tracks in the series. If you have a mod that conflicts with the Competition System, then you will often have problems signing up for a series.
    If you are getting an error message when you try and use the Competition System, please post a screenshot of the error.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which content specifically can't you see? You could be subscribed to an event that is blocking the DLC from working correctly, a trace file may help. It could also be as simple as expecting a different name, as silly as that sounds.

6. Raisi Stephane

if something block something, it block it from a fresh install with all files deleted before.unsuscribed all wokshop. and a registry clean and i reapeat this 2 times in a week.
    steam follows to here
    2022-08-26.png

well i bought this
    2022-08-26 (3).png
    at start download fail with this
    2022-08-26 (5).png

i saw this in content list , the state of game is only a try to the bttc sign up and wait for the dlc work
    locations virginia and monza ,( into séparated dlc) works pack locations seems into pb felt donington & brands hatch
    2022-08-26 (6).png
    vehicles lots are missed
    2022-08-26 (16).png

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did you run some online events at either Brands Hatch or Donington? There is a mod or Competition System event that is blocking your further particiaption. It looks like you joined something when the cars/track were first released. All have been updated and you have the newest versions but there is a CS or mod that want to use the original 1.00 versions of the tracks

8. Raisi Stephane

game is freshly deleted installed
    and just go to sign up
    after one time not working i do it one more time

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Reinstall the game is not usefull in your case.
    The "unknownbase cmp" problem is known.
    The series or mods that you are subscribed at, are going to be there until you unbubscribe of them.
    Take a look to your subscriptions in the workshop and unsub of all the mods (races, championships, events, etc).
    Furthermore, if you are subscribed to an upate of any car or track, this can be blocking the update of the content.
    Good luck

atomed likes this.
  10. Raisi Stephane

thx ,, could you read post ,,,, workshop all is unsuscribed

that the 1rst thing i do in fact ,,, just after have read all the faq . the only thing he got are the stuff about sign act into btcc , and before each new install i deleted all into workshop ,, but btcc dont install completely at rf2 start , and not more when sign up the bttc

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

Mods and series (not cars or tracks) too?

12. Raisi Stephane

i use the steam command unsuscribe all the items of workshop it looks nothing rest did i do wrong?
    after i uninstall game by steam command ,
    after i go into steam library , steamapp and i delete the file rfactor
    after i open ccleaner and i clean the registry , until it find no errors
    after i restart the PC and install game a new time , start it , look at crash download ,and go for a try to sign up BTCC, problem persist
    after i do all process a second time to be sure .
    after i goes into assistance forum
    are there others place than steamapps to find files of game ?

13. Raisi Stephane

14. Jaime

Jaime Registered

I have similar problems, this sim is broken.
    What a waste of money and time!, and I'm pissed off because they got the best physics and ffb but is a pain in the ass.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Generally there is a lot of help here for folks having issues. However today.....

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you have content issues you should start a thread if you want help. Digging up an old thread and saying you have "similar" issues isn't very illuminating.

Yes? However today, what?

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just me being grumpy. Other forums have users bemoaning problems from years ago and I may be getting tired of the same 'ol same 'ol.

18. Raisi Stephane

it is not an old thread ,,,, its an unsolved one ,,, also this is very strange to look at this way to resolve a commercial problem ,, a forum with open threads to everyone ,,, when answering to a customer ...

for moment i am really tired about the unsignificative reaction and advices i found here

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thus my grumpiness @Lazza, folks who complain about free advice from knowledgeable users who have a history of solving problems(and I'm not including myself in that statement )

lagg likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, my reference to your thread was in relation to Jaime posting here with no useful info. From our end it can be hard to diagnose these content issues, but the errors mean something problematic is sitting somewhere (the error isn't random). Hopefully Mangoletsi's post helps.

@davehenrie If you don't want to help at a particular moment, I get it, but then just don't post. It's not about us.

lagg likes this.