Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't even know it.

The rest of my post wasn't meant as a response to anything you'd said.

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Fair enuff. But yeah i've heard the doomsday RF2 story before and it all turned out to be fine, so hopefully it will be, cause its been one hell of a year for the old girl! As for the film, its brilliant, got loadsa good quotes, an old Jag, and a great sound track!

3. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Rf2 is a good all round product nowadays, and post pandemic (which was actually a blessing for the game) + with the recent upgrades it grew a lot in popularity online. Whatever happens with MSG for sure someone will invest in the studio to keep the franchise going. I'd say the game is in a polished state already after all these years, so all a potential investor outside of MSG needs to do is to produce regular DLC content and that will sell regardless. No need to overhaul the entire game anymore which saves costs.

Rui Santos, Bostrom and Alnorate like this.
  4. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison Registered

If you're racing the AI you can set up your own series, paint the cars the way you want, create your owner driver profiles with different characteristics for each driver, etc. Now iR probably doesn't have all the cars or all the tracks for WEC or BTCC but it has some of them.

5. gianluca

gianluca Registered

https://www.icicidirect.com/ilearn/...en-a-company-gets-delisted-from-stock-markets
    That would take a year. :D
    I'm sure that the players would prefer to have this already in game and be able to use it in multiplayer. That's why they are wishing bad luck to RF2 these days. They don't even consider that Codemasters, EA and others publishers may be interested in the licenses for the american series. They think that iRacing will get them easily and for cheap (in the case that they will be released from MSG). :p

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

fuck me!!

Bernat, Paul McC and pilAUTO like this.
  7. shiet

shiet Registered

TrigMan59 likes this.
  8. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Thanks for the update. I started to read the report and got a headache. It's a lot of financial and legal double speak that accountants and lawyers get way overpaid to write. Does anyone know, bottom line what this report will mean for the future of Studio397 and rFactor 2?

pascom likes this.
  9. trichens

trichens Registered

Initially buried away in the Form 10-Q...

The factors described above, in particular the available cash on hand to fund operations over the next year, have raised substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern. The accompanying condensed consolidated financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from the outcome of this uncertainty. Accordingly, the condensed consolidated financial statements have been prepared on a basis that assumes the Company will continue as a going concern and which contemplates the realization of assets and satisfaction of liabilities and commitments in the ordinary course of business. However, substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern exists.

Emery likes this.
  10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Biggest problem is they have $1.8M in cash at the end of the month, and are spending $1.4M per month. Which means they've got 6 weeks to find some investors. They can't even make it to the end of the next quarter, never mind the next year.

avenger82 and Emery like this.
  12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

To say that we have no control over anything is true and therefore we "should" in principle not think about all that.

But when you are a fan of this fantastic sim, it is legitimate to worry. What fan wouldn't care ?!!!!

In short, I'm crossing my fingers.

rFactor 2 is becoming an increasingly fantastic sim to be perfectly honest.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Remember the old days when Gjon's mantra for ISI was "no debt"?

14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

mister dog likes this.
  15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I don't really understand it all that much but I just have a hunch that the devs are gunna be ok!

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Yes, and they deserve it.

Paul McC likes this.
  18. Magus

Magus Registered

I hope so because for me, no other sim on the market comes close to rF2 for making me believe I am a race car driver :) . I absolutely love the feel and it is the most intuitive and believable from all the games on my sim-racing roster.

pkelly, Paul McC and Rui Santos like this.
  19. shiet

shiet Registered

You expect us to say everything is fine? This thread was always about the problems around MSGM. Maybe it started to spread FUD but I always looked at the company's financials objectively.
    The facts are:
    - they continue to lose money every quarter (-$8.5M in the last qtr)
    - they're running out of money in the next 1-2 months (they only have $1.6M cash left)
    - they couldn't find an investor or borrower for almost a year
    - what assets are you talking about? offices? Market cap of this company is $6M (not with B...). Their offices worth $2M. They only have $1.6M in cash. That's less than the annual salary of 2 software engineers.
    Their licenses supposedly worth $14M (a year ago). If they sell anything then there's no company. They're a software company and not a car maker with factories.

Emery likes this.
  20. gianluca

gianluca Registered

What?? In what universe a software engineer gets +800.000$ per year?
    Ask S397 lead programmers how much they earn per month.

mister dog and avenger82 like this.