Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Yeah, and they like to believe that those licenses will be cheap, or even free. :D

2. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison Registered

Yeah, it's not like iR already has NASCAR, Indycar, LMH, Touring Cars, etc. :)

3. gianluca

gianluca Registered

I was looking at their website and they seem to have only some cars, but not official licenses, that would come with all the cars of the series, official drivers and teams, liveries and tracks used for the championships.

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've seen this today first here and then at Racedepartment. It does sound bad (not that I understand squat about the stock exchange and big business), but I've heard the RF2 doomsday story before, last time was about 6 or 7 months ago when Marcel left the company.

It all turned out to be fine and infact RF2 got even better and the rate of progress sped up! Not only that S397 are not just knocking out content purely to sell off before things go properly south, they are continuously improving core parts of the sim, re-factoring the code, and addressing long standing issues. If they were worried I would'nt expect them to bother with any of that.

And if they do end up needing anyone to save them with this years progress, what I imagine is coming next year and very importantly their inclusion into LFM, I'd say they are now presenting a pretty good prospect for potential interests.

I mean they just released a pretty extensive hotfix to the new build not more than 45 minutes ago! Why bother doing that after this mornings news if it did infact mean the end?

So lets just say im skeptical about RF2 coming to an abrupt end any time soon, infact I think im now off to buy Monza, one of the few tracks ive not purchased yet!

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

"...something that we are keen to continue into other aspects of rFactor 2 in the weeks, months and years ahead."

GeraArg, davehenrie and Paul McC like this.
  6. gianluca

gianluca Registered

I wish S397 had someone like Stefano Casillo onboard: he would have answered this kind of crap in the proper way. Can't stand the guy, costantly spreading bs.

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

we will wait for the 2023 roadmap.
    BTCC and rf2 content is lacking for at least 10 more tracks high grade and no FE.
    And the night reflection, the AI and the shadows need a big update.
    Optimisation too, with 4090 and 13900k, the framerate is not acceptable by night with rain with full max graphics.
    By day conditions it's ok.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I like Stefano a lot. But I think the shear complexity of rF2, would give very hard time to Stefano as well. rF2 is just in higher level than AC or ACC.

IMO rF2 is at pretty decent state right now and shows great trends at moving forward. rF2 mustn't be finished to be above most if not all of the car simulations, but if it gets indeed finished... then probably it will be pointless to release any future car game and not base it on rf2 engine lol Many sims already are somehow originated from rF1 which is a lot under rF2.

As for Austin, if you want someone who is pro at gaslighting you have to hire him. He is best at mixing up truth with lies in such manner most people would just not know what to believe anymore. Notice his immediate good attitude towards Rennsport, that sim is somehow related to Project Cars, SMS and Ian Bell, isn't it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2022
    Rui Santos likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, this latest round of posts got triggered by a "notice of delisting" which leads people like @CeeBee to declare it's all over, and all sorts of commentary all over the place.

I don't know anything about this financial stuff either, but here's what I read in the form 8-K:
    • 3 board members resigned, as a result of (i) disagreeing with MSN on capital raising proposals, and (ii) MSN requesting that they resign due to that disagreement
    • A remaining board member resigned to allow a new board to be appointed (not due to any disagreement with anyone)
    • MSG told NASDAQ they no longer had enough independent directors to remain listed
    • MSG also told NASDAQ they no longer have enough publicly held shares to remain listed
    • NASDAQ told MSG they don't meet the above 2 requirements and have 45 days to resolve
    • MSG advised they are actively seeking new directors and plan to issue additional shares to meet the requirement
    That's it.

Does that mean everything is rosy? No. Does it mean the company is doomed? No.

People can read into it what they want, and take guesses about what will happen, and some of them will be right. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

kro388th, Bostrom, Alnorate and 2 others like this.
  10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I love the fact you got a Withnail & I quote in there!:)

kro388th likes this.
  11. gianluca

gianluca Registered

When a company got delisted from a stock market is not the end of the world. It loses money, sure, but doesn't mean is dead.
    Dell in 2013 was delisted and now is worth it twice the billions that was worth it at that time. Maybe the company is doing this intentionally at this point in time, we can't know. Unless one is an accountant and knows everything about this kind of stuff, we can only try guessing and wait to see what will happen. There are too many options that come in play when these things happen.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/264911/dells-net-revenue-since-1996/
    I mean, MSG has shareholders who can buy the company if they want, and certainly doesn't need investors to stay alive, because there is also Motorsport Network behind it.
    Anyway... we'll see.

12. trichens

trichens Registered

John Delta has an interesting track record...

13. Emery

Emery Registered

From the October 2022 Consulting Services Agreement by and between Motorsport Games | MOTORSPORT GAMING US LLC | Business Contracts | Justia

14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Much older than that surely? 1711?

Havner likes this.
  15. trichens

trichens Registered

Emery likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I hope you're joking!

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh yeah, but I like its use in Withnail & I best!

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Not at all, I love Withnail & I. One of my favorites!

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not "working a quote in" if the words are coincidentally the same.

Just like this notice of delisting doesn't mean the company intends to delist - even if that ends up happening (the outcome doesn't determine the intention).

The mind likes to create a story to make sense of information. It doesn't mean the stories are true.

20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Eh? Its a line used in Withnail & I wether you ment it to be or not, if its coincidence then fine I don't care, I just like being reminded of the film. You are not a fan I take it?

As for the rest of it I never said anything regaurding wether they intend to delist or not, my mind aint making any stories up either. I know what I think of course though and thats what I said earlier "im skeptical about RF2 coming to an abrupt end any time soon"