Released Vanwall Vandervell LMH

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Registered

The H is for Hyper, not Hybrid......

Matt21 and pkelly like this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

3. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I still have hopes for a proper hybrid implementation in rf2, given that many of the top endurance series use them and the wec license that motorsport games have.
    That would allow modders to came with even more modern cars (if the hybrid system is documented).
    ... Not having my hopes high, given that I haven't read any ai tweaks for oval racing and it's more than a year that nascar ignition was launched (and crashed).

avenger82 likes this.
  4. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

But yes... I'll be buying the Q4 contend. S397 is quality contend, the tracks details are awesome and the cars drive great.

5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@Paul Jeffrey since this car is made by vanwall themselves , do they created new tyre for this car or are they building on top of goodyear tyre ?

6. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

What will the performance of the Vanwall be like compared to say the Cadillac DPI? Will this be the fastest official content LMP in Rfactor2?

7. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

does someone have problems with losing info on high speed corners? steering is just heavy without road effects. Seems like clipping but it's not. I have Simucube OSW set to 30% and ingame ffb at 100%.

8. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

maybe
    test with
    osw at 60%
    ffb in game at 70%

other filters :
    damping : 6%
    friction : 6%
    inertia : 4%

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Toyota has the most on track experience with this category and their car looks clunky compared to some of the newest designs especially when compared to the Ferrari 499. I wonder if Toyota's racing has dictated the design?
    In the IMSA series, when they went to the DPi category, the Multimatic/Mazda was the clear winner in best looking car design. But it also took the longest of the 4 builders to achieve any race wins.

10. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

thanks for the suggestion. strange is all other cars are ok under heavy load.

11. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Very good. I can't say I'm a fan of the prototypes, but the Vanwall exceeded all expectations - the driving experience is amazing. For me, it's unequivocally the best thing about the Q4 package.

pkelly likes this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Reduce the ingame multiplier and raise the ffb Level in the Simucube software otherwise you have to live with Software clipping. The Most cars produces Software clipping with the ingame multiplier set to 100 because it gains low signals to such a high Level, that there is no more signal headroom for higher forces. Reducing the multiplier, gives you the neccesary headroom and the Simucube Pro with higher Settings for example would not be limited to only 7,2Nm with your Settings and provides enough Hardware Power headroom for stronger peak signals. I have to Reduce the multiplier to 60 - 75 percent for most cars to prevent sodtware clipping. You can use even 50 percent and adjust the ffb Power only in the Simucube Software. That's the way it works

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    TJones and darkojovanoski1986 like this.
  13. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Registered

Nice... an actual review of the content instaed of Whinging about something else! I am glad you enjoy it and do to your review, I think I'll give it a go!

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I hope you enjoy it )
    Jardier has a good review. At first I thought it would be hard to control since the TC is constantly running in the video, but in fact it's fine.

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Vanwall Vandervell VR Issue

Enjoying testing out all the new stuff but i've found a problem. I can't use the Vanwall Vandervell in VR. For some reason, with this car in VR, it causes the left eye to intermitently go black, it goes black for a milisecond and happens randomly but regularly. It happens at every track i've taken it to.

At first I thought there was something wrong with my headset but after further testing its just with this car, all other cars i've tried so far are fine.
    Its extremely annoying, I just can't drive it in VR

Anyone else noticed this? Try it at Barhain, its so bright there it makes it very obvious

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes i have this issue to

Paul McC likes this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok, its bloody scary is'nt it because your first thought is "Sh*t my HD is failing!".
    Cheers for reply!

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

19. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Me as well. After the Caterham missing wheels in VR issue I wonder if they test/QA for VR...

20. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Thanks - we are aware of the issue and currently trying to replicate it with our developers, so we can look to review and fix. Currently, not having any luck getting the issue replicated here across a number of VR headsets, but we will of course continue to review and look to fix it soon.

Cheers