Oct. RC issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by davehenrie, Oct 18, 2022.

1. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

the last rc oct dlc oreca 07 doesn't work anymore when I try to start driving the game crashes so completely that the pc has to be turned off from the button
    this problem has been found so far only in oreca, e.g. lmp2 ligier
    works correctly

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't crash for me.

3. captn_slo

captn_slo Registered

In single player with fuel usage X2 the ai pit during their first hot lap in qualifying at Palm Springs oval in the Stock Car 2018x. Testing the same settings with the current GA release, the ai complete their first hot lap and pit on their second hot lap.
    I verified my local files after switching to release candidate.

4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Oreca 07 works fine here too, think you have to include some more information.

5. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

oreca 07 works again, I don't know what was the reason for it not working, today there was an update for rc Did the update fix something that fixed the problem, the main thing is that it works again, thanks for all the answers

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

The hotfix resolves none of the issues raised in this thread. Would be nice if S397 acknowledge they have registered these and working on fixes.

8. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I've noticed the same issue myself. The engine sounds disappears on mid-high RPM off-throttle. Do we know if this is a bug for the RC?

9. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

Have another issue within the stable build since the friday (21st october 2022) update. Maybe this is also a thing within RC:
    Leavelag when LMP2 is leaving server.
    I've checked my stream of a multiclass race that took place today (22nd october 2022) within LFM.
    Carclass: LMP2 & GTE
    Track: Road America
    Every time a LMP2 leaves the server, there was a lag and 2 leave messages were shown within messagebox in the lower left corner (Message 1: xxx has left the race but vehicle has been stored in the garage | Message 2: xxx left the race)
    When GTE leaves the server, then there was no lag and only 1 message were shown (xxx has left the race but vehicle has been stored in the garage)
    I've checked an race from 18.10.2022 and when a LMP2 were leaving at this race, only 1 message appears and no lag.
    I think this changed with update on friday 21.10.2022 (Bearbeitet)

10. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, found that ai tend to brake too late when following player and result to hit back of my car.
    I'm not an alien but i could break hard and late. ;)
    Ai agression 25%.
    Cheers

Hinyaldee likes this.
  11. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, i think i get it, my collision corridors where too open, that lead to an ai that dive bomb instead of fight respectfull. ;)
    That said, fine tuning this will give a very nice final result ;)
    Cheers

12. biagio0306

biagio0306 Registered

Buongiorno, con l'installazione dell'ultima rc non riesco più a caricare l'ultimo replay salvato a fine sessione e nemmeno riesco a salvare i nuovi setup all'interno della sessione in corso

13. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Coutie likes this.
  14. Coutie

yashiman likes this.
  15. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

With the RC, MAS2 keeps on crashing. This happens when I have created a "single cmp package" after which clicking the "single cmp package" button again just shuts down MAS2. You do not even have to finish creating the package, just giving the mod a name renders it unstable. Deleting "cmpinfo.dat" and "pkginfo.dat" fixes the issue, until you repeat trying to create a package. I also can't even get to the end of the "create new mod package" wizard without it crashing.

I reverted back to the "none" build and the issue was fixed. Hopefully when the RC becomes the main version MAS2 will work again.

Anybody else have this issue?

16. Coutie

Nope, and there was a fix this version that made it so it loads fast now, no matter what's in the pkginfo.dat.

17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just so it's in the same place as other stuff, setups do not show on MP servers (and yes I've check the show all button). I have found a bit of a workaround though and goes something like this;
    1.Start rF2 and go into SP and assign a setup for your car.
    2. Join a MP server and setups are there, you can save/delete assign etc.
    There are a couple of downsides though, one being if after leaving the MP server you then fire up SP (without exiting rF2) setups do not show.
    Steps 1 and 2 need to be done every time you want to join a MP server.

yashiman and SmellySkidmark like this.
  18. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I had the same thing so I tried the "MAS2_x64.exe" from the Support/Tools folder and it werked fine, so I just made another shortcut on the desktop pointing to that folder.

SS

19. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Today I retried the "none" version, just to confirm that worked, it did. I took the opportunity to backup that version of the MAS2.exe. After switching back to the RC I tried the older MAS2.exe, it worked fine with the RC. Then I tried the new MAS2.exe, which didn't work as suspected. Just like you I tried the MAS2_x64.exe and that worked, although I thought it didn't when I tried it before. Anyway, I seem to have a working version now. I am glad I wasn't the only one with the issue.

Neil Tyler likes this.
  20. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Happens to me sometime ago and I think it's related to the mod used.
    I seem to remember that in my case it was when making a mod with Enduracers, and the long list of possible cars made to crash. Don't pay much attention to me because I'm getting old and my memory fails me, but I also solved it by deleting the files you mention.
    Have you tried the same mod with the two versions of MAS2, RC and non-RC?
    Greetings

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022