Client - Server version mismatch 1131 vs 1130

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by M.H. van Oosterhout, Oct 22, 2022.

1. M.H. van Oosterhout

M.H. van Oosterhout Registered

Hi all,
    After updating to the latest version (1131) I do not seem to be able to connect to my server anymore.
    It shows up, I try to login and it gives:
    [​IMG]

Updating the server by running "steamcmd +force_install_dir <install_dir> +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate beta v1131" did run without issues but leaves me with version 1130.
    The server ran fine before the latest update this week.

So, the problem remains as seen in picture above.
    Does anyone have a clue?

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit

3. M.H. van Oosterhout

M.H. van Oosterhout Registered

Thank you! Never had to do this before, even while using release candidate for quite some time now. But it worked!
    Slight change to avoid "Please use force_install_dir before logon!": "steamcmd +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +login anonymous +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit" worked like a charm!
    Thank you again!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@M.H. van Oosterhout when the rF2 version changes (ie 1130 -> 1131) the client and server need the same version. Updates, and even RC releases, can happen without that version number changing. That indicates no incompatibilities have been introduced, in which case the server can remain as-is.

M.H. van Oosterhout likes this.