[REL] Solitude

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mauro, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Comments are positive. Unfortunately I'm getting errors. Something wrong with my download. Tried a few times with no luck.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

about solitude....

1964 Solitude Grand Prix, Stuttgart : Jim Clark in Lotus 33 leading the field and mastering the wet track on his way to win the race
    [​IMG]

Eric Rowland, vava74, atomed and 4 others like this.
  4. philrob

philrob Registered

Good track and great drive, a nice recreation of a classic. At last another version not of GPL origin.

5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

just tried
    2 minor things:
    -railroad seems didn't work
    -i found this material error on grass (on top-left)
    [​IMG]

p.s. what a great addition for historical lovers :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Corti, vava74 and pascom like this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Fences have weird collisions. Track surface seems to be billiard table smooth in some places then it will suddenly feel like going over a cattle grid, then back to smooth. Transitions for many of the hills are very abrupt and stepped rather than gradient. Doesn't seem to be any reaction with wet weather?

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I managed to get one wheel through the wire fence and I coudn't get it out. But I think that case is reallistic. The wire fence isn't all solid like a wall.

Very good track, although I agree it's sometimes very smooth and sometimes very bumpy. Since I don't know the real track I'll take it as it is.

bears and Mauro like this.
  10. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

There are no fences in the track.
    I suppose you know the road too well to discuss the gradient with you, nevertheless the road isn't changed from longer then the 60's I don't think they have made hills, there is a section that disappeared and a corner that is different from that earlier days besides the round about that wasn't there so I don't see what you mean if it is only a feeling or have some real data (if you are based in the GPL track I know they were wrong in some places besides the perception of the games distances "LOD" are different".
    I have made several tests in wet and I really got whatever its expected from the real road wet to the slippery.
    Every track have their bumps and smooth sections I do it for 24 years and again the GPL tracks are not models to do nothing.
    Enjoy it how it is ;)

pkelly likes this.
  11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

real road
    ….Sorry for my fault :)

i mean i haven’t see darker asphalt on line path after many laps
    (My screens was taken after 50 and plus laps)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  12. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Well as far as I tested 4 or 5 times the real road was working, nevertheless I tried it only in DevMod I had other cases that working in DevMod fails to work in the game, tbh I haven't tried it in game, I'll check it in game when I have time for it.

Mauro likes this.
  13. gianluca

gianluca Registered

This is the best Solitude I've tried. It needs work, but I love to have this kind of roads in RF2.
    Many thanks to the author for this gem. Hopefully he will give it the love it deserves.
    I tried the 1975 Brabham F1 car and went against the barbwire on the side of the road a couple of times, losing a wheel and other pieces. It's realistic in my opinion. Actually, I'm lucky that I'm alive. :D

Looking at some YT, looks like there was a small fence back then, with two lines of wire. but don't know the kind of it. One taller, along the starting line, probably with some kind of rope. And one with smaller poles, right after the box area:

I don't think that they were so crazy to keep barbwire along the side of the roadcourse during the race.

Tried with rain and for me is ok. Also, the section where there are lot of small bumps it's ok.
    There should me more imperfections, those roads weren't complete flat surfaces back then. Wasn't like the Mugello.
    I managed to crash against all the hay bales: they fly as they are supposed to do. :D
    Love it.
    The only thing I don't like are the trees, that look like they have a light grey shadow over them, but I guess it's their resolution that gives this look.
    Also, the asphalt looks very dark with rain. Don't remember the hour of the day at was I was racing though. But was day and with heavy rain and storm condition. I should do more testing.

Mauro likes this.
  14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Xzanman and atomed like this.
  15. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

The references for this track are limited and to be playable in rF2 we need to add some non existing objects and scenery. I agree with the trees mentioned above but it's a bit complicated to adjust the textures to all situations and it's not possible to have many different textures on it, the main problem is even the treewalls behind the front trees somehow they make a weird effect in some places and I'm not a big fan to do textures anyway, if someone have that skill let me know and I surely be appreciated. rF2 have still big problems with the effects in real road (I don't even know how to work with substance to make the main texture for it *.rdt, so I do it in photoshop - maybe that is the problem). Well it's only some points I thought they should be explained, it's no point saying this is not the same as I see in the track if you're looking at similar scenery, for me the important is where the cars run.

Mauro likes this.
  16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Fences, borders, barriers... those are what I was referencing.

So you don't want feedback?

I am basing this on your track I drove. Smooth tarmac with no feedback whatsoever, then sudden feeling of going over ripples. Doesn't feel like tarmac to me. I'm not comparing to the GPL track as I didn't use force feedback in that game. I am not sure where LOD comes into this when I am talking about feel of the tarmac under the wheels.

17. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

So you meant barriers like ARMCO/Wood/wire I explained above that the weird they are. The Guard Rail have no problem, the wood (White) barrier the horizontal bar is too high and the wheel can somehow cross in the open side for the other side and is a rF2 problem, the wire barriers have the same problem but shouldn't behave like that it happens the same in the ISI Belgium 1966.
    The track is smooth and bumping in the places it should be and I had no feeling as you describe not sure why maybe is something you have in parameters like the "smoothing" the bumps are not like driving over ripples I guess it's a wheels force feedback, there is no other reports of it, so my guess is in your ff.
    Feedback is welcome all the time I didn't mean to offend you I wouldn't do that unless you do it first.

Mauro likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Luis Barata normally you'd have invisible flat walls acting as collision meshes for detailed fences. The graphical fences aren't collidable. Otherwise the tyres don't play nicely with them.

Eric Rowland and Emery like this.
  19. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I didn't know it but now I know I have too get collisions as before, thanks.

Mauro, pkelly and Emery like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Thanks for 1.1 update

Updated the collisions, some LOD's, darkened the groove

[​IMG]

P.s. Nice track map by ozpata
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    Art_Pereira, pascom, Emery and 3 others like this.