New Sound Engine - Settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Lazza, May 14, 2022.

1. Qi Dawei

Qi Dawei Registered

upload_2022-5-18_9-8-16.png This is the graph. It is a light-weight laptop, so I'm pretty sure my computer will always reduce its power due to heat dissipation limit as long as I launch rfactor2. Maybe I should buy a real gaming laptop.

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Forget laptops, buy a desktop instead, you can upgrade it and it's far cheaper...

davehenrie likes this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Phew, I only spent $1200 on my cables, you made me not feel bad about it as they weren't $2000 :cool:

I will have a go at your settings tj see if it can improve how I have it. Thanks for the "guide".

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

1. I still have a few questions about the sound settings. When I start rFactor2 on the monitor, I have several HRTF options available, like default, 0-default, 1-ciair and 2-irc_2016. When I start rFactor2 with the Rift S then only default HRTF and Build In HRTF? What does the Build In option mean, does it use Oculus' own HRTF process? And why even if you use rFactor2 via the Rift ,but the separate sound card including headphones as in monitor mode, you can not also use the various HRTF functions, but also only Default and Build In HRFT? Me nämlicih 2-irc_2016 is apparently the most suitable and I can simply no longer set, as soon as I use the Rift S, despite as mentioned separate headphones

Kelju_K likes this.
  5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@Paul Jeffrey This OP contains tons of crucial info for setting up rfactor 2 for new sound engine.
    Could maybe pin it ?
    (also pin it in general discussion as people also go there looking for help regarding new sound engine).

Emery and Lenniepen like this.
  6. clark10

clark10 Registered

@Andregee

I have exactly the same issue with my Rift S

Kelju_K likes this.
  7. João Regatieri

João Regatieri Registered

Hello community, I came here to be clear and to the point: We don't like the decision to remove the engine and tire volume settings, leaving the tire sound extremely low with the claim of making the sound realistic and preventing unrealistic settings.

Totally ignored that the volume of the tires audibly replaced the feeling of G-force that doesn't exist in virtual motorsport, making the feeling of virtual driving more realistic. Everyone who drives competitively in the virtual NEED this audible sound to understand the car's reactions, just as they NEED to feel G-force on real life. That's why we believe that this new sound, with quiet tires, does not contribute to realism, but to the lack of realism, because now, in addition to not having the G-force of the real world, we also don't have the sound of tires, which was the alternative feedback for the lack of G-force in the virtual simulators.

We are a large Brazilian rf2, acc, iracing and raceroom community, and we just made a championship with 45 cars in GTE DLC on rf2 on old tires, professional live broadcast with sponsors, narrator and commentator, and we don't like this decision, we think it's a step to back. I don't represent the community, but I'm passing on feedback from motorsport groups and we don't want to see our favorite simulator die, with drivers switching to other platforms for some bad decisions. Please review this concept so we can get the tracks back in rf2 before it's too late and the tracks are empty.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Raintyre, M Lynn, Rui Santos and 5 others like this.
  8. rafnix

rafnix Registered

Complete Kartsim vehicles still sounds like engine is 1meter ahead in front

9. Marcelo Vesanterä

Marcelo Vesanterä Registered

Totally agree with you. Everyone have your own headset settings and it is always different from the other. We should be able to adjust those settings as we want it.

I did enjoyed the new update, but this sound settings discourages me to keep racing. So please, let us keep changing the sound setting as we want it.

Hazi and João Regatieri like this.
  10. Andre krasauskas

Andre krasauskas Registered

Hi guys I agree WithJoão ragatieri. Wy? whts the reason to lock the tires volume ? The new tires mode it's unreal and similar a the asseto Corsa 1.

João Regatieri likes this.
  11. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Thanks for the guide.
    I have a strange issue on Bathurst (0.982) in which the gearbox and engine sounds effectively turn into what sounds like an electric engine. The first lap is ok, but then on the second lap you hear the gearbox glitch and then it over the course of that lap you lose the gearbox shift/engine sound. You still hear other cars, the brakes and tyres but an electric whine for the mechanical components. Outside sound is perfect, seems to be limited to just the Bathurst track - using the fvr supercars mod. Any tips?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's only that content combo then it would suggest something specific to that combo, and it's probably not possible (or advisable) to try and fix it by changing the overall sound settings. Having said that, those having issues should try adjusting the number of effects - if you're on 255, try 64 or so. And vice versa - if low, try higher.

13. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Thanks I tried everything from 64 to 255 and no luck. I’ll keep investigating.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What scenario reliably reproduces it? Does it happen alone, or only with <x> AI on track?

15. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I use a headphone hyperx cloud 2
    When I switch from headphone to tv the sound issue is still there. Happens single player and multiplayer, with and without ai from 1 to 25 competitors. When I use a different mod (formula pro) I have zero issues - sound is perfect. Other people use the mod (fvr supercars) on this track and have no issues. I assumed it was a mod issue, but too many users don’t have the problem.

16. Robert Rodriguez Jr

Robert Rodriguez Jr Registered

I'm having this exact same issue, but with different cars and tracks (but not all cars and tracks as far as I've tested.) I tried changing the number of effects but no help. Any ideas??

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@buzz hornet @Robert Rodriguez Jr are you guys on the RC build, or the normal "None" build, of rF2?

Seems to be a number of RC related sound issues reported, so if you're using that all bets are off...

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Happening with the BT20 @ Brianza too. RC

19. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Yep I’m using the RC version, I noted on discord the studio is aware and addressing the issue.

20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Same here with Reverb G2
    So have someone from S397 commented this at all, anywhere?
    Why cant we select HRFT profiles in VR?
    Should this be reported as a BUG?
    I also want ot repeat the question: what is the build in option?
    Care to comment on this? @Lazza

Edit: This was confirmed as a bug by Devin in discord. will make a bug report with trace when i get to it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023