Released October Release Candidate Now Live!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

yea in-game menu option would be appreciated, never done any editing on rfm file yet. seems i would be able to get it done tho.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

One more question for S397 guys , will more cars receive tender spring adjustment...i'm genuinely looking forward to tinkering it.

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Have tested the AI with BTCC at Donington and IR18 at Portland. I can confirm the AI now sound good during cornering, without the throttle on/off behavior of the past. In watching the throttle and brake traces in the UI, these seem to show much more progressive braking, without sudden lifts and application. The throttle, however, shows much more tendency to be applied and removed very suddenly, although the engine note isn't now changing with it. I'm only rarely seeing the application of both throttle and brake within split seconds to negotiate corners; it does it but nowehere near at the levels of previosuly.

However, for the IndyCar ar Portland, I've suddenly lost 5 seconds per lap and the car barely gets into 5th gear and 150 mph on the back straight; the AI also. Think the entry to that should be about 165mph, so there's something off with loading the setups. This is both default setup, and loading a saved one of my own. Have a suspicion this was also the case with BTCC cars. So something is not right here.

Emery likes this.
  4. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

• Improved in Game Exposure in VR
    • Sebring, it's ok, but the whole circuit is still very clear, maybe it's like that in real, I don't know,

RoadAtlanta, perfect, but Spa, it's not like that at all ! From the Combes and all the turns that follow, it's all white !

And Portland, same thing

5. Paule-San

Paule-San Registered

Bad Update...Multiplayer errors:
    Setups are no longer adapted even though they are in the setup folder. Brake discs consumption is also no longer displayed after a race. Clutch errors when driving...

6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Sounds fantastic!
    Damn I'm at work:(

7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's an RC. Report the issues!

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Nice, I wait for a AI skin selection with a new UI feature, then I will replay with AI....
    Thruxton, Bahrain, what else for the Q4 content ? F1 2022 car ?
    I'm hyped for the shadow fix, probably next year.

9. Would you be so kind to share your settings and what engine you are using (SteamVR or openXR)? I tried Sebring and for me nothing has changed (I cleared cache directory first of rF2 and NVIDIA DX Cache), but I did not try SteamVR.

10. Issues:

- no UI items except "gear" for settings (fixed it by running an integrity check of rF2 in Steam)
    - crash to desktop when leaving a singleplayer session right after clicking exit
    - still over exposed track surfaces in VR (see above)

11. Sorry - did not see your post ... so the issue is also still existing for your?

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Having not driven the GT3 content lately(or any rF2 for the past month) I took the Ferrari GT3 out for testing another issue and then used it to examine the AI on/off throttle fix.(seems brilliant so far) But during that test, I could not hear the lower 1/3rd of the engine's rpm range. IT was quite strange to up shift & hear no engine sounds until the revs built enough.
    I am fully aware the GT3 field have not been updated to the new sound engine but I STRONGLY recommend that as much DLC content as possible get sound updates PRONTO! Merely updating only new cars & the cars used in the Virtual Le Mans series just does not serve the interests of the user base as a whole.

Emery, RaceNut, Eric Rowland and 7 others like this.
  13. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Can confirm significant issues with loading setups and display in the garage. Loading an "old" setup, the gear, speed display graphs no longer work. In addition, run a stint and then stop, the tires display 40/56 lbs on each corner, 0 psi, and -460 temps. This is for the IR18 at Portland.

14. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Is there something I have to do/change? I'm still getting the blinking brake lights and and baap baap baap.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Are you on the Release Candidate branch? Right click on rF2 in your steam library and select properties => Betas => release candidate

PS: you should also see v1131 bottom right of screen when track is loading.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Yes, for some circuits it is solved, but for others it is not.

17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Pimax 8k+, 2080ti,I7 7800x, OpenXR and SteamVR

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  18. Ok - I see :-(

Thanks.

But to be fair - it is a progress.

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

There was a clear improvement in my tests in VR Exposure on a Rift S. It is listed as an improvement too. If you wish to report further issues, I do believe there is a thread somewhere, you should post full details, including time of day, weather, car and track used, as well as a screenshot preferably.

20. Yes, it was me and another guy - I think - starting a thread with a list of tracks where this occurs; I am also using an Oculus Rift S, but at Sebring (ingame practice time around 10 a.m.) there still was this issue.

I will try to clear caches etc. and post results into the other thread.