Race against Ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ludo21, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hi,
    Ok and thank you for your feedback.
    I just hope that S397 will hear us and improve the replays. I like racing against ai, and endurance races.
    I repeat, in the days of Simbin's GTR2, 24-hour race resumptions were possible. So wake up!

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The reason I tested just over 6 hours was due to your original post. Over 6 hrs and the program crashes.
    "if I resume a race of more than 6 hours, and I want to come out again, the game crashes."
    So 6 hours was my target.
    I too did 24hr offline races with GTR2, but their co-driver option is better than rF2's AI(non co-driver) method.
    GTR2 used the driver files so you could simulate faster and slower 2nd drivers. But rF2 just has a vanilla AI that is always the same.

3. Hiigara

Hiigara Registered

AI brake checks in slipstream behind other AI and they will not try to pass out of slipstream. When AI is close but on same pace and i go in front, AI brakes and does not profit slipstream. When AI is gaining on me in slipstream AI will never try to pass me or brake later. Those are the main issues i experience with AI at 100% agression after an hour qualifying.

PirroC and MikeV710 like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try one of the TEST cars in the new Release Candidate.

5. svictor

svictor Registered

For anyone having game crash issue while using RESUME button from replay, make sure "Record To Memory" value in rFactor 2\UserData\player\Player.json file is set to false.

I have had this resume to crash issue for a long time, and just today have recalled that might due to this setting. After multiple tests with same replay file, the result shows that with true value, the game will always crash by resuming, while I had zero crash with false value. So this worth a try.

6. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

thx, this fix works for me

svictor likes this.
  7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It doesn't work for me. It just stays on loading please wait screen.

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

this fix was only for those who actually load the replay, but then crash when resuming. I cant remember how I got the replay to load.

9. pasterzop

pasterzop Registered

The best AI races are when you treat them like humans and give them racing room, which comes with practice and knowing the places where they will pull off a pass. Not saying they never stuff it up and wreck you, but just like a real online race, it helps to be very aware of your surroundings and anticipate that they will make a move. techzpod download mobdro

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

You literally copy and pasted my comment! Glad you agree!