[WIP] The Danish pack, Silkeborg, Djursland and Roskilde

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Sergio Loro, Nov 4, 2019.

1. bears

bears Registered

@Sergio Loro these tracks are great we need more vintage tracks in RF2... I use Djursland and Silkeborg a lot and have noticed on the most recent RF2 update the cars hit a spot on both tracks and fall through the track, on Silkeborg it is going around the 3rd corner after the start, for Djursland its the first corner after the start finish line. I don't think its car related I used the 1954 cobra mod, if you could look at it sometime that would be great

svictor likes this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Sergio has done several releases and updates for AC. The one I would love to see is his 60s-70s Watkins Glen and his Stardust GP.

When I asked on the AC release thread in FB, he had no plans of doing any more rF2 releases. :(

svictor, Emery, pascom and 1 other person like this.
  3. pascom

pascom Registered

4. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

I asked him on FB about a recent issue that's come up with his Sandevoerde historic track where the AI now crashes in the pits and drive wild, back and forth across the pit straight. He told me he's no longer working on RF2 and that AC "is where all the vintage racing is happening". News to me. Kind of a bummer since this wasn't a free track. I really like his tracks (except the spectators being costume sewing pattern covers). Would love to have a vintage Watkins Glen for RF2 though even if the spectators are hot Red Riding Hoods or Can Can dancers.

svictor, vava74, bears and 2 others like this.
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Maybe someone could ask to @Sergio Loro if he give permission for fixing/update Sandevoerde track (and possibly if that could become free to all rf2 players - if he stopped rf2 modding-)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    Hazi, pascom, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I could reproduce this but i dont know why it happens and how to solve. I could not remember that this happens in the past so maybe something has changed.

On the first look there seems to be a hole in the track but the roadsurface seems to be ok. Stripped down the scn only to roadsurface and everything is ok.
    20220925154426_1.jpg

It seems that the both surrounding terrain objects have an influence to the roadsurface. When i set both to CollTarget=False HATTarget=False the roadsurface is ok (but certainly the cars now will fall through the terrain object). Any ideas?
    Screenshot 2022-09-25 161658.jpg

pascom and bears like this.
  7. bears

bears Registered

Hey mate thanks for looking at it, at least you confirmed I am not crazy :) hopefully someone on here can fix it like I said we need as many vintage tracks as we can get in rf2

pascom likes this.
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Maybe i found the solution. I will provide you a patch for testing later in the day. Now a little dog is waiting for his walk.

bears, ThomasJohansen and pascom like this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

That reminds me to something that happened us some years ago.
    We solved it reducing the size of the quads of the mesh of the road (in this part).
    We did it by trial and error an never knew exactly the reason of the problem.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

@Manfredk2 There are some strange Things happening in the last Weeks/Updates.
    For Example, i had a Request to find the Reason for sinking Cars into the Road, what didn't happen in the Past on that Track and appeared with one of the last Updates.
    In the End, the Reason was an Object, that originally was made with Sketchup, that caused the Problem.
    And it was a Wall with a Fence, that normally should have no Influence on the Road, but.....

11. bears

bears Registered

Sensational if you have mate… glad you have your priorities right little dogs can get grumpy without a walk :)

pascom likes this.
  12. pascom

pascom Registered

It is important to have the peace to edit quietly :D

bears likes this.
  13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I tried to fix the "hole-issues" which @bears mentioned in post #41.

Tried also to fix the pit issue when the AI went crazy when trying to leave the pits. Big big thanks to our mate redapg who showed me, as so often, the way.

Patches are available for Djursland, Silkeborg and Sandvoerede 65/67. Download here: https://mega.nz/folder/CIIlGQ5C#jmMrO8sfvanSx4D6X8PaLg Install via ModMgr

atomed, GPNeville, svictor and 5 others like this.
  14. pascom

pascom Registered

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Hope it works as it should :rolleyes:

16. bears

bears Registered

Thanks @Manfredk2 thats much appreciated… that’s what I like about this forum there is plenty of people with lots of knowledge happy to share both their knowledge and their time!

atomed, Manfredk2, pascom and 3 others like this.
  17. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

sorry to get late to the party!! but great to know a patch was done!!!.
    i would love to find out somebody able to bring my tracks to rf2, following the "F3 Classic Tracks" development for AC!!! if any one is interested PM me :)

svictor, Dae Bennett, vava74 and 10 others like this.
  18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

@Sergio Loro Thank for this, hopefully someone will bring your other tracks to RF2. Some people asked about the tracks (Sandvoerde, Djursland ...) which were sold in the past. Is there a chance to get them now as the shop doesnt include them further?

svictor, Dae Bennett, vava74 and 3 others like this.
  19. pascom

pascom Registered

I bought the circuits from @Sergio Loro and would be happy if they were made available on steam for example

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

A question to the "historic experts": was there a pit speed limit in the 60s? After investigating the tracks, i saw that most of them have not set the value for RacePitKPH, only for NormalPitKPH. So practicing and qualifying seem to be unlimited speed in the pitlane and race is limited to afair 100 KPH