[REL] Belgium Spa Historic (League Friendly Version) v2.12

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Aug 12, 2022.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Yep, seems this is impossible to decrypt the other tracks.
    Hopes one day s397 will gives us permission to help them renove those old contents.. ;)
    I get back to my own work now ;)

Mauro likes this.
  2. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

@Alex Sawczuk :D:D:D

3. svictor

svictor Registered

upload_2022-9-13_17-49-47.png
    For anyone having above half-transparent tree issue, here is how to fix it:

In rFactor 2\UserData\player folder, open player.JSON with notepad, search keyword "Texture Sharpening".
    Then change the value to either 3 or 4, other value won't help.

This issue is related "MIP LOD bias" and mostly noticeable on materials that uses "Alpha Chroma blending" and have lots of transparent area (this happens to other mods too). It also seems that the MIP LOD bias values in GMT file are ignored by game, because in this particular case, the "TREESNEW" material setting already has a -1.5 MIP LOD bias value, but the half-transparent issue still presented with the default "Texture Sharpening":0 value in player.JSON.

This is after setting value to "3":
    upload_2022-9-13_17-58-3.png

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

This "eats" FPS's?

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you for feedback. I use the default setting of 5. I don't see ghost trees with this number (apart from when they are far a way)

"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

Have you tried setting 5 auto? 5 is default setting that you get with a fresh player file and uses the negative bias values set by the track maker.
    Changing to 3 or 4 means everything will be negative bias -1 or -2 not just the things that need to be.
    The huge side affect of negative bias makes everything shimmer as you drive towards it.
    Do a test at this track with setting 5. Find a brick house, drive slow towards it. Look closely at the bricks. There should be very little shimmering.
    Do same test with setting 3 or 4 and see how horrible the bricks in the wall look.
    Think there is another word for it, not sure how to spell it 'Moire' or something?
    Shimmering is one of my pet hates :D.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    svictor and Art_Pereira like this.
  6. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks, those info would help a lot for people having similar problem.

Here is value 5 screenshot, it improved a bit over 0, though there are still some visible transparency at far away distance:
    upload_2022-9-14_7-22-43.png

No worries, there is not much shimmering with value 3, as I have always used 3 in devmode. It's one reason I didn't notice the issue until I went back to normal mode (as we are preparing a league race on this track this weekend :p).

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I wish you luck what car you driving?

svictor likes this.
  8. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks. We are driving A110 CUP (270 BHP version). I have made a small 2MB "Hotlap" patch (as an extra layout) for the race. If you are interested, search "SRFC A110" and join. The server should auto-download and install the "Hotlap" patch :D. Here is how it looks:
    upload_2022-9-14_16-52-43.png

vava74, datasting, atomed and 5 others like this.
  9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Cheers, I will add it to the next update ;).
    Also, 3d Trees are fixed in next update no matter what Texture Sharping setting you use.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    datasting, Hazi, GeraArg and 8 others like this.
  10. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks again for the update, it is truly league friendly. We had a lot nice moments last night. Awesome!
    365960_20220918214738_1.jpg

atomed, datasting, Bostrom and 10 others like this.
  11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Great shot :).
    Happy you had fun.

svictor likes this.
  12. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

I wonder how you did the smoke on the buildings, this looks very stunning. I'm dreaming to add Fireworks this way on my Fuji ;)

svictor likes this.
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

The smoke is created using blender's built-in smoke system. There should be a lot video guide on youtube. The final rendering uses Eevee instead of Cycle as it looks much smoother with alpha channel. To make animation seamless loops I had to render some extra frames then merge those extra frames with the beginning part of the frames in GIMP (but I'm sure there is better way to do it).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Version v2.03
    • New layout called 'Hotlap'. This puts your garage spot at La Source, you don't have to do a full warmup lap of the track to start the timer in practice and qualify. It starts when you cross the start finish line. Thank you to S.Victors for this.
    • I've read your comments on Steam, and as per popular request, the hay bales are back. But, I have made them fixed, non movable. They will still not scatter onto the track. Added a more friendly collision mesh around them to try help cars not get snagged up on them. I've left a few that are still movable to keep you on your toes.
    • Fixed 3D trees where they would look transparent and ghost like when using a non standard 'Texture Sharpening' setting other than the default number 5 in the player.json file.
    • Made smaller the huge red arrow sign at Malmedy corner. It was too big.
    • The first house on the left after Masta, I changed the width of it to try match the real life one.
    • More Lod changes.
    • The corner worker Marshalls that wave the flags at top of Eau Rouge/Raidillon have been moved to a better place. You can now see them more easily going up the hill.
    • Fixed a few ruff looking ends to tree lines.
    • Spent a large amount of time tweaking the AI file. Little progress was made but, they still crash a lot. Don't play this track with the the RC build, AI even worse.
    • New animated PBR water shader for the river. Looks the best with Environment Reflections turned on in the graphics section.
    • Added workshop tags
    20230328170344_1.jpg

20230329024316_1.jpg

20230330011101_1.jpg
    Enjoy

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Legend, trollray, makan and 35 others like this.
  15. svictor

svictor Registered

awesome update, thanks

vava74, DJCruicky and atomed like this.
  16. philrob

philrob Registered

Great work on this, much improved version of the track.Colour and lighting changes much appreciated. The Material, Collision and LOD errors are a dog to fix in Devmode i also have had to fix hundreds on various tracks haha

datasting, vava74, pascom and 4 others like this.
  17. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Fast becoming one of my top tracks, especially with F1-1967 and the Brabham BT44. Great work, thankyou.

pkelly, atomed and DJCruicky like this.
  18. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

If any body is interested I reworked a lot of the graphics of the ISI Tiger Moth 2014 track. I think it looks very acceptable now. The old version didn't really work in DX11.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tiger-moth-2014.37383/
    GRAB_3746.JPG I've post this because some people were talking about some of the older tracks in this thread and just in case any body missed the original post of the track.

tjc, vava74, Superdevil and 22 others like this.
  19. philrob

philrob Registered

Great idea updating this older track, i will download it today, thank you

20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

[​IMG]

For you history lovers, an early Christmas present is in the pipeline. Another update to this great history track is in the making.
    I've let loose S.Victor on the track, and he has made some great addictions to it already. I've helped too by feeding him Christmas mince pies to get him to work harder :D.

Expect to see a release before Christmas, maybe sooner. We will give more details soon. Watch this space.
    [​IMG] What's in the box :)?

Attached Files:

jimagn, Bostrom, pascom and 16 others like this.