S397 Caterham 7 v1.05 continued LOD issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Sep 15, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I noticed last night that there's still a LOD issue with the v1.05 Caterham 7 Academy cars.

In certain views (Trackside as in example) *some* of the cars are missing wheels, suspension and the roll-cage.

Look at green car 12 and blue car 9 to the right of the Trackside view below. Weirdly, car 5 (orange and black) is fine despite being in between 12 and 9 in terms of distance...

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have auto detail fps enabled?

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Where's that even set these days? I can no longer find it under Settings->Graphics...

Visible Vehicles, yes, target FPS (auto detail) nope.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Maybe garage detail reduced?!

5. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

What opponent detail setting are you using? I am using High and have noticed parts disappearing like the wheel hubs and most noticeably whilst racing is the tray under the rear of the car. Which is very distracting.

Has anybody else noticed the issue pointed out in the screenshot below? It is in the location of the exhaust but on the opposite side and it affects all liveries. It's not in the main livery texture but it could be in the Ambient Occlusion map. The other possibility is that it's an error in the meshes UV map.

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.08.14 - 16.27.37.07.jpeg

I think it's a great looking model, especially the cockpit. But it seems to be plagued by a few graphic issues.

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I might be using Medium opponent detail - I’m running VR on a 2080Ti with an ancient 4th-gen i7.

LOD should never totally remove wheels etc., surely - and it’s bizarre that in a sequence of three vehicles at increasingly further distances from the viewpoint, the one in the middle is unaffected…

Anyway - can someone remind me where Auto-Detail FPS (or the FPS minimum threshold) are these days? Used to be in the Graphics menu, but I couldn’t see it (or a replacement) anywhere.

Max vehicles was set to 10 and I had 14 cars in the offline practice I set up to take the screenshot - but again, the middle car is the exception that needs explaining and max vehicles makes distant ones disappear entirely, not fade in LOD terms…?

7. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Look in your player.json, line 346=> "Auto Detail Framerate":0,
    Could that be what you are looking for?

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks - will do later.

If I’ve set a threshold, it’ll be 90fps as that’s my VR target. Shouldn’t be a challenge in the view I posted and during racing on Wednesday night I saw no issues during the actual racing (we had up to 11 cars on track) - just in the view of the pits as in first post…

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Looks fine for me...
    20220916155001_1.jpg

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Is that as seen in the timing menu or a full view of the Trackside camera? I’ll need to double check but I think that the issue might only crop up when viewed through the mini image in the Timing screen…

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Still fine here.
    20220916195944_1.jpg

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Could it be a track issue? I remember a race against the AI at NJMP with the BMW M2 where the wheels of cars, standing in the pits, were missing

Screenshot 2022-09-17 083820.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2022