CS shopping cart is broken.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Cunningham, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered

Every series in the CS system opens the cart with Formula series cars and/or tracks which of course is not what I'm looking for because there isn't even a current Formula series going on for the CS system atm.

Anyhow, Rookie, mini etc. Doesn't really matter. If you click to go to the shopping cart it just loads up with Formula packs etc.

Not sure what it's all about.
    Perhaps because I already have the content for the series that I'm racing it just defaults to Formula stuff.

Anyhow FYI.

Dalmation likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you take some pictures or a video? First world problems, but I already have everything so I can't get this error.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Perhaps I can be of assistance :D

I don't own the Mini. If I select the Mini series, the shopping cart correctly shows the Mini. If I stay in the CS and click on the other series, the shopping cart is still available and still shows the Mini. I have to exit the CS and go back in (no need to restart rF2) to get it to show correctly (one of the other series will show me I don't own Donington - before restarting the CS it still just showed the Mini).

Steve's 'problem' seems to be the shopping cart being available to click, and wrongly showing the Formula content. You (Coutie) should be able to reproduce this if that's the case - just see if you can click the shopping cart.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No I can't, I don't have a shopping cart, because I have all the content already. But I'll report what you guys are saying.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, yeah. Own everything != own everything on the CS series.

Might be two different things going on then.

@Dalmation stop it. You're being silly.

6. Steve Cunningham

Yes, that is what happens. Not always Formula, but shows me different things each time.

Currently I already purchased what I need for the Le Mans as the cart put the Formula Pro pack in there along with 2 other tracks for me.

I think I understand this now and it seems to work like this for me.
    Click Series, Open shopping cart to see what you might need and how much for this series.
    Click another series to compare costs and/or totals to see how much for all the series perhaps. == OOPS same options available. Click another series, Same thing.
    Click first series to see what's going on, then click refresh, no change.
    Click another series and click shopping cart no change same shopping cart as the first.
    Click refresh while in that series, then click shopping cart again = new options for that series.

WOW.
    So in short looks like I have to click CS refresh while inside that particular series in order to see the new cart. Refresh before shopping cart - At least I think so.
    Thanks all

7. Steve Cunningham

Confirmed - When in a particular CS series = Refresh before going to shopping cart.

Refresh is not system wide but only refresh for a particular series that you are looking at and only for that shopping cart.
    Refresh is required for each CS series cart before going to the cart.

This is a strange feature IMO.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would assume it's not an intended behaviour.

I didn't keep track of what content was in the CS so didn't know the FPro was in use at the time of your first post; that does make more sense.

9. 006

006 Registered

I dont think FPro was in use, however i think i heard the CS is supposed to select the best deal for the content you're missing for a series. Say you are missing spa and monza for a series, you can get them as part of the formula pro pack for less or the same money as buying the 2 tracks individually. Hence you will see formula pro in the shopping cart.

Edit: or thats not how it works and its just an extra layer of brokenness :>

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    Lazza likes this.