[REL] Barcelona 2021 Community Update

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, May 26, 2022.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Maybe a setting in tdf. Loch Drummond has this in tdf. These (and other) values are missing in Barcelona. This is only a guess as i am no expert in these things.
    RumbleDryGrip=0.96
    RumbleWetGrip=0.60

redapg, Corti and ThomasJohansen like this.
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

lol 30 min wasted yesterday , in doing something that was right upfront :) thx. I have to read more in details next time.

redapg likes this.
  3. Corti

Corti Registered

Agree, maybe change values fixed the problem
    Values from Barcelona tdf
    Values from LeMans (DLC) tdf

redapg and ThomasJohansen like this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    pkelly and Manfredk2 like this.
  5. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

In relation to Barcelona tdf I am not sure what that values are for I suppose they work together with the values // Rumblestrips my only doubt is why they got values in 2 places why they have not just have a set of values for each type of material. This is something I never seen and I worked with that kind of generic files since 2003, would be better to find exactly what that mean with Studio396.
    In the case of AIW I sure would like to know what was changed, we don't do AIW for a special car, they should be good for all cars if only a car have a weird behaviour that may have other sources like AI settings, car physics, etc.

6. ThomasJohansen

Just saying, before, all AI Lmp2's were sliding around as soon they touched a kerb. Now with this fix, tested in a 70 min multiclass race, no problems at all, AI was competitive and fun to drive with. And even the flat kerbs felt a little bit better.

7. Corti

Corti Registered

8. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Nice, thanks Corti, tbh I always worked with these kind of files but had never a tutorial.

9. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

hey guys why there are so much objects that pop up? can we at least rid of them?

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Because the LODout settings of some objects are to low. I remember bigger popups at the pits/garages

11. darkojovanoski1986

I agree that performance is important but this is very bad, your eyes by default go there and you lose focus. That's why I asked if could get rid of them.

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  13. darkojovanoski1986

will try it tonight or in the morning becouse I am out at the moment. thanks mate :)

14. darkojovanoski1986

@Manfredk2 first let me say big THANK YOU for your hard work! I can`t believe how much different the track look without these big popups on the screen, really really big improvement. From what I saw there are only 3 popups left, first is the fence on the right side after second turn before Fly Emirates advert, it pops up after you exit the long curve. Second is some small box on the right before second S chicane and third are some trees that pop up while you goung to the turn that actually is changed with 2021 version of Barcelona, it pops up in distance like 2-3 trees. Again thank you a lot! This really transforms the immersion of racing in the track! Keep up the good work :)

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Found two of them and two additional :) Could you take a screenshot from this: Second is some small box on the right before second S chicane ?

16. darkojovanoski1986

Here it is

Attached Files:

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2022
    atomed and DJCruicky like this.
  18. darkojovanoski1986

Hey mate I really can`t find words to thank you enough :) track maybe is not great looking like studio 397 one`s but it`s damn good and accurate. I didn`t see any popups now. AI raced really good, close racing and really good blocking from them, I am not on latest RC btw so when update comes will be even better! Thank you again :) Just inform us when it`s updated in steam workshop so we can use it from there :)

DJCruicky likes this.
  19. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

That depends of the software you use to do it. In 3DSMax is easy, if you know to do one that works, you only have to select it and copy it for the same element (UNWARP it and map it) continue copying it until you have the complete set you want, position it one by one in places.
    I haven't done it because that was a conversion if someone wants to do it be my guest, I can add it anytime.

20. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Hello ! Since it was confirmed F1 will be back to the no-chicane layout for this year, could it be possible to update the track taking that into account, please ?

pascom and atomed like this.