[REL] 37¾ Mile Isle Of Man Mountain Course - Conversion from GPL

Discussion in 'Locations' started by svictor, Oct 18, 2020.

1. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for the info.

Current version of spark is indeed can cause big fps issue, and this new version of road surface has more bumpiness, which in turns can result more bottoming for cars without enough ride height setting. Maybe consider to set Special Effect to low to disable spark (my card is 2070 and I have screen freeze issue with spark turned on)

Sunrise and sunset is also known to have unstable & lower fps, especially when the time just "entered" sunset (as existed long ago).

2. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.02 UPDATE
    AAIOM_MR_S5_loading.jpg

- Added 3 new Rally Stages:
    * Stage 5 (18.93 km): from Keppel Gate to Ballacraine.
    * Stage 6 (15.31 km): from Greeba Castle to Rhencullen.
    * Stage 7 (17.31 km): from Ginger Hall to Bungalow.

- Fully reworked trackside cameras with two available cam groups:
    * Cam Group 1 includes 203 new tracking cams for complete & best viewing coverage.
    * Cam Group 2 includes 219 static cams that were originally created by Jim from GPL version.
    Note: rF2 defaults to "Cycle camera groups" that will constantly switch between tracking & static camera group. It's however better to only view one "camera group" by using "Tracking cameras" Hotkey. Cam Group 2 does not cover every area. For complete cam coverage, use Cam Group 1 instead.

- Added more ambient sound sources at various locations.
    - Adjusted all ambient sound volume, range & position that blends more naturally into the track.
    - Improved default weather preset.
    - Added some more chimney smoke.
    - Various small fixes.

Attached Files:

3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Ok. Now I really need to figure out a way to do a proper hillclimb-style event! :D "Awesome" doesn't really cover this. But it is awesome! :D

svictor likes this.
  4. svictor

svictor Registered

Forgot to mention, there is currently no further update plan after v2.02 (unless if any serious issue that would break the track and which requires a fix).

Please feel free to open up servers and get friends to have some fun online race/trackday.

And lastly, thank you all for the supports.

JoeP1, Bostrom, makan and 15 others like this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

Thank you for this and all your other projects, you´re part of rF2 history.

svictor, vava74, delapecs and 7 others like this.
  6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you for all the work on this Epic sized track.
    Thank you making the Rally Stages, I've been enjoying just restarting the same stage lots of times to see if I can beat my previous time. In the process in doing that, testing out all your new collision walls. I can report all good :p. Think I got near to the AI lap times on one. I still not learnt the full course yet.
    On the subject of AI, would it help if the collision from this wall at the end of stage was removed and let the AI drop off the end of the track to stop what you see in the picture.
    20220616181444_1.jpg
    They make a yellow flag and make a few stutters when they smash their cars in the fence. Or maybe add Special slow down points after the finish to the AIW. But no big deal.

Thank you again for doing the impossible, possible :)

datasting, Corti, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  7. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Thank you very much, incredible work. :)
    How good is that there are people so dedicated and careful in what they do.

vava74, datasting, Corti and 4 others like this.
  8. doddynco

doddynco Registered

First chance to drive the new update the other day and the surface is just perfect. It's so believable and feels just like a typical uk road. It's subtle, not exaggerated, but incredibly detailed. Really looks stunning too. Thank you!

vava74, datasting, Manfredk2 and 4 others like this.
  9. GPLaps

GPLaps Registered

Hi There,

Absolutely love this track. We're hosting a league race here next month and are doing some testing now. We're utilizing the 'out of pits' lap timing to be able to time our race and have noticed that randomly the lap time wont start. It only happens very rarely, maybe 1 out of every 30 attempts, and we haven't found a way to replicate it yet

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is something specific maybe we're doing as we exit the pits that is causing it.

We will keep testing to see if we can track down why it happens!

ebeninca and svictor like this.
  10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Try keep your car pit speed exit to a controlled speed.
    Yes I have had it too, if you just fly out of pitlane at top speed it has a greater chance of happening (not always).
    Allow your drivers the option of pressing Esc, and have another go if it happens, if you allow that?

To SVictor
    Is it possible the xPitOut and xfinish gates are too close together?
    Pink lines-->
    20220827002913_1.jpg

svictor likes this.
  11. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi,

For out lap to work, make sure drivers to wait session timer begins to count down before they are driving out of pit lane. The reason is that timing sector objects only works after session timer begins, and those sector objects responded for out lap timing are placed at the garage exit of pit lane.

For the current 2.02 version, I have already placed a "PIT CLOSED" warning fence at the garage exit of pit lane. As long as the driver does not cross this warning sign and wait for it to disappear (which at the same the session timer will start count down), lap time will be properly recorded. If somehow driver did cross this sign, just ESC and it will continue to work for the next out lap (of course only if session timer has started). See pic:
    upload_2022-8-27_8-0-31.png
    Note: out lap timing sector objects are located just behind this warning sign object, if a driver crosses this object (and the invisible timing sector objects behind it) while it is visible, the game will ignore timing.

Also there is another thing could invalidate timing, which is the new cut detect system from Q3 update. IOM is entirely surrounded by walls, and the new cut detect system will invalidate any noticeable "wall riding" actions. It is best that you turn off Track Limit setting on server to prevent such issue.

Lemme know if there is any further issue. Good luck.

pkelly and ebeninca like this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for notice, this could be a potential cause. The sector distance was already adjusted a year ago since one of the old update, but it is possible that it is still not enough gap. Currently I'm not sure if I should try to increase it, as I personally have not encountered invalid laptime so far. If anyone having the same issue, please report back, thanks.
    I'll also try to reproduce this issue meanwhile.

Edit: I'll increase the gap and make a patch as soon as possible.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    ebeninca and Alessio Feletto like this.
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.03 UPDATE
    - Significantly increased timing sector gap for full layout to avoid "no timing" bug.
    - Removed collision surface & wall near the end of all rally stages, which AI are forced to teleport back to pit at lap end to avoid crashing.
    - Fixed a few missing shadow objects.

Thanks to @DJCruicky for suggestions and help.

New out lap timing sector position:

upload_2022-8-27_10-19-50.png

vava74, pkelly, tjc and 7 others like this.
  14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you, I gave it a test and timer worked each time I tried. Thank you also for doing the AI drop off at end of the Rally stages. Working good.

vava74, svictor and ebeninca like this.
  16. svictor

svictor Registered

Just a quick note:
    Due to the new AI behavior changes in Q4 update of current game version, AI will have trouble going through certain corner and leading to crash. One notable frequent crash site is at Creg-Ny-Baa corner with some low-downforce cars. I'll try find some time to check if an AIW fix is required, as currently I'm not sure whether this issue is an AIW issue or AI bug, as some other tracks are also having problems (dundrod is affected too).

makan, DJCruicky, Emery and 3 others like this.
  17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for bringing this AI issue to our attention, at some of my favorite drives

svictor likes this.
  18. svictor

svictor Registered

testing new puddle map
    20230118230305_1.jpg 20230118230221_1.jpg 20230118230219_1.jpg 20230118230214_1.jpg 20230118230205_1.jpg 20230118225938_1.jpg 20230118225916_1.jpg 20230118225837_1.jpg

19. philrob

philrob Registered

Very lifelike scenery

svictor, pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  20. trollray

trollray Registered

Wow, fantastic job mate ;)