Released Caterham Academy

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 4, 2022.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Sometimes there just isn't time for such things.
    I prefer a couple of races with challenging cars to exhaust myself.
    Indycar or Cup Car as already mentioned.
    Ok, the Caterham is not like the ones mentioned above in this regard, but something needs to be done about the car.
    still nothing official from S397?
    Not even on Discord?

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if there is a template?, it must be in the template folder in the root of the game

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In any case, if they are going to add the wheels that are not visible, the template varies the same, I do not know 100% but I would say that they will modify it

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

With most DD-wheels, we have direct access to servo settings (Friction / Damping , and more) that allow for setting the ffb strength at a level where we are comfortable, providing a good sense of front & rear grip loss, all with excellent steering response and speed, very well suited to our natural abilities (Speed, strength, response, etc.).

As with any steering system, there is a balance to be struck, where all of these things just work and generally, do so with whatever car we use within the title. Right now, the Caterham falls way outside that formula, at least with the SimuCube DD-systems.

5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Are there any VR testers at S397?

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

sadly studio 397 has abandoned virtual reality, but they do have people trying VR

mixer61 likes this.
  7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Where did you get the information from?

8. shiet

shiet Registered

I've just tried this car.
    For me the FFB strength of this Caterham is the same as with every other car, it's strong @ 100% so I reduced the multiplier to 70% like with every other road racing car. So I haven't experienced any FFB anomalies. I feel everything perfectly.
    But my wheel is just a T150 not some fancy DD stuff. :)
    Other than the missing front wheel in cockpit view it's a good car.

Ozcanuck55 likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, they still haven't fixed the issue of being able to get on all the cars, because in VR if the number is even, it can't be done. in that we don't have native VR yet so we don't have to use SteamVR. in that after time passed the Porsche Cup blinks its left eye. in that the sparks in VR look like a Flash, and I don't know that this is long,

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

and I don't continue, this is getting long,

11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

OK.
    But did S397 say somewhere that VR will no longer be fixed by us?
    Or did I misunderstand you?

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think it was Paul who said that they would only progress in some general case, so I think nothing native, and since things don't end up being fixed I said that they had abandoned him

13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

The wheels are missing in pancake mode too, unless you use bonnet cam.

mixer61 likes this.
  14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Remember that it's a road car. I was surprised there is no passenger seat, unless the rules have changed it has to be fitted.

RaceNut likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in competition they remove the seat to have less weight, even if it is a street car

16. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

They didn't in 2019 [​IMG]
    but it looks like they do now
    [​IMG]
    Ah yes
    upload_2022-8-10_19-53-40.png

Emery, Bernat and pkelly like this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Since the new steering system came in ~5+ (?) years ago most of the car setup steering options are to cater for specific wheel rotations, with unchanged ratio. It's weird, yes, but it's not new. (to some extent it's a good thing - whether your wheel does 1440 or 540, you select the correct option and you have a realistic ratio/feel, and in many cars at most tracks - at racing speed - you never need more lock anyway. It's only when you get into cars with slower steering or if your wheel turns much less [rare these days] that it becomes impractical.)

The wheels are there, just not visible in cockpit view.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

As I said in another thread, I'm traveling and I haven't tried anything yet, until I got home, I thought that making it new would modify the template, I still don't know 100%, even less without trying it, I was only commenting on the question of the colleague, in case he is going to paint and it has to be modified, in any case he did not know if it was there or not!

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Look at the picture in the first post :D

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I doubt that many rF2 players has wheels that doesn't rotate at least 900degs in present day. Weird indeed, it is double weird to have the one to one rotation in screen vs FFB wheel while not changing steering ratio and butchering turning circle. It also becomes big trouble when catching a slide, and just running out of front wheels turning range, spinning out because of that, so totally useless. Yesterday with minimum setting I was unable to leave garage in Mores, of course I could have done a wheelspin to rotate, but I wonder if I could have made some of the turns in that track with turning circle this much limited. I still think that they just did turning circle instead of steering wheel rotation. I don't remember other cars that do this, but maybe more are like that, and I just never noticed.

https://brscc.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...echnical-Regulations-PUBLISHED-24.03.2022.pdf

Page 34... damn, its prohibited to use quicker steering. Although it means there is such option.