Request for logs if paid content won't update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Marcel Offermans, May 11, 2019.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

First time I've experienced this, but now I am struggling with paid content, e.g the Q2 BTCC cars.

Also, how do I unsubscribe to a workshop item now? This is all I get...
    upload_2022-8-8_20-57-38.png

EDIT: Man, I thought it was just the BTCC Q2 cars, but it's a random selection of Endurance Pack cars, the Formula E car as well... With no way to actually unsubscribe I am at a total loss of what to do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

all the DLC cars and probably more have this issue. It is due to STEAM changing the way the inventory is accounted for. This has been a growing issue for several months. As of yet, S397 has not been able to fix this problem. If you are having issues with cars you can try deleting the vehicle folders inside the INSTALLED/VEHICLES folder. Some users have stated you have to get to the Steam inventory folders which are only numbered.
    Perhaps that might be a good community project. Catalogue all the Steam folders and identify which carset is residing within.

3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I got it to work by validating files every time there is an update. Fun side effect... I now keep old versions as well. Like the rF2 and rF2 related folders aren't taking up space as it is!

4. Miguel Soares

Miguel Soares Registered

good afternoon i have all the btcc inventory but i still can't get into tracks with the cars it says that version 1.0 of the car is missing. i have looked everywhere including inside the steam folder but it doesn't appear anywhere is there any way to solve this? even if i want to unsubscribe the pack and re-install it now i am not allowed via steam

Attached Files:

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You can unsubscribe by deleting the various BTCC car folders inside the rfactor2/installed/vehicles. However, you won't get v1.0 back when you do, I think all the BTCC cars & tracks have been updated so the original versions won't re-install, you will only get the most recent version. You may have to unsubscribe from the CS_ (someidentifyingtext) event that used those cars and register into a new series.

6. Miguel Soares

Miguel Soares Registered

i will try to do that and see if it solves thanks davehenrie for the support

7. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

I have the same problem with Formula Pro and I cannot unsuscribe in the workshop (same error as in quoted screenshot). I have deleted folder from Installed and it does nothing, now I don't even have the previous version.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Find the FPro in the steam workshop folder (its folder name will match its steam id; or search the whole workshop folder for the car name) and delete the file there. Start rF2 so it uninstalls (you may need to remove any events that use it). Then verify rF2 files in steam to download the car again. Start rF2 again to install it.

9. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Sometimes this all happens to me too o_O

I noticed, that some Workshop items refer their Update to an older version.:oops:
    But very unlucky (quick and dirty) some modder name their update “XXXX.rfcmp”, same as their older version, without a “version- indication”.
    That overwrites the older version and from this point it’s impossible to install them again, if both versions are deinstalled, because the older version is lost.

My two workarounds::)
    - (very time consuming): rename conflicting “XXXX.rfcmp” to “XXXX_Vyyy.rfcmp”
    - (very space consuming): Backup of all versions in “..\common\rFactor 2\Installed”

10. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Thanks, I deleted the workshop folder but I hadn't verified the files. After verifying, it has downloaded the latest version.

PS: This also happened at least to 1 other member in our league, this had never happen before... I say it in case someone wants to check how the item is updating in steam....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  11. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I don't have to delete them if I try to verify the files.
    It's just very time consuming to have to do this for what seems to be every DLC atm.

12. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

I have problem with Steam not downloading new versions of packages. My logs

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      174.4 KB
      Views:
  13. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

I have the Q1 items in my inventory but it's not even downloading by Steam. What am I doing wrong?

upload_2023-2-22_19-23-37.png

14. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Can you provide logs from first post?

15. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Aight there we go

@Devs pls don't look into adult area lol

Attached Files:

16. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Registered

Hello,

I've just bought Q1 pack but the Long Beach track doesn't appear in the tracks list.
    OK for the Honda BTCC car.

Attached Files:

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Load rF2 and choose the MANAGE CONTENT tab. Then look in the Store folder and scroll down to the bottom of the list to see if the track is partially installed which is indicated by an orange checkmark. If you find it there, choose uninstall and then when that is finished, click on the Install button and that should complete the process. While you are there, click on the other tabs, Local or Workshop ... and see if any other cars/tracks you have are orange as well.

Nick9320 likes this.
  18. GaPe23

GaPe23 Registered

Hi, i have after 1.1132 update same problem with GT3 pack - (only Bentley 2017) uninstall - install, delete - auto update... stay with yellow pending status, in install folder i see only not finished 3.54 version without 3.55, in other GT3 vehicles i have both versions.

19. GaPe23

GaPe23 Registered

My problem solved - some reason corrupt my file in Steam 'folder'\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\"number" folder with corrupted data, after delete from here, new download and all is ok

20. Mariano Segovia

Mariano Segovia Registered

Hi Studio397 help desk support!
    I have the BMW 330i M Sport , Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic TypeR BTCC and the Porsche GT3 Cup 992 in my inventory but they are not installed in Rfactor2, even there are not the folders of the cars in the "Vehicles" folder. Can someone help me whit this bug/issue?

I paid for this items on Feb 26. Please help.
    Compra.jpg
    My best Regards.

Attached Files: