Released World Wide Technology Raceway

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Bostrom, DJChrizz, Bernat and 25 others like this.
  2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Actually don't mind low profile tracks, as long as driving on them is fun and challenging i'm in.

3. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

Please,
    make Victory Lane access possible on every track.
    i see barriers on WWT Raceway
    thanks

Attached Files:

4. vava74

vava74 Registered

Well, many mentioned their satisfaction to have a new track which is not "prime rib", however, there seems to be an absence of traffic here to discuss...
    The main question is: are they working on solving the snags hindering oval racing on rFactor 2?

J7166, Matt21, Badboy and 3 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You may have missed the infield. Grand Am and I think ALMS both raced here in the past.

6. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Very cool!!

7. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Will the kart track be included?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For the Indy Victory Lane, they use an elevator to perch the car ON TOP of that tower. C'mon S397, we want an elevator!!!

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I loved this track as mod track and did some AIW work for it. Sadly it was never finished. Glad to see this track now as official content. Good choice S397 :)

atomed likes this.
  10. Stevy

Stevy Registered

tbf a simple ramp like in the picture would be enough and a great little "easter egg".
    I have to say that you can't really get anywhere on the track is always a little bummer (not really but still ":(" ).
    Always a fence or invisible wall in the way.
    Try Matsusaka without any flag for once. You can drive everywhere. great fun.

Ralffan likes this.
  11. shiet

shiet Registered

Nice, two in one track. Nowadays I'm more interested in oval racing so it's good to see a track like this added to rF2. It's in the Indycar schedule. I hope they make the AI competitive.

12. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Ai overhaul for oval racing inbound in the next update?

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Great track addition to rF2, imo. I think such tracks offer great value with various configurations / combined with infield & oval sections / oval, etc.

I have some experience with it through another title and am looking forward to it in rF2, now.

atomed likes this.
  14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Good to have another track that makes sense for rF2 content eg IndyCar.

Guessing we have 2 tracks this drop the other being the London ePrix track we've seen over the weekend.

15. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I don't see it in the next update (which we already have the RC for), but I do see it in a relatively near future one.

At first I wasn't so keen for this choice, but on further reflection, I think its a really good one for MSGS to get its various titles sorted out. First up is to ensure rF2 itself, whose physics is the basis for all titles, can properly handle both IndyCars and NASCAR type cars on the oval. This is for both tire contact patch (of which work was done a while ago) and the new track temps feature, and also more importantly for the AI. We know there are severe challenges with the current oval AI which is affecting the Ignition title (slowdowns at start/finish line and other times, crash logic) and that we also see the same in rF2, so it'll likely affect the upcoming standalone IndyCar title as well. This really needs some significant improvement. So now they have a short oval directly in the main sim, they can start to resolve it.

As for the road course, its kinda meh and not used very much in real life. I don't expect it to get much use here, other than the oval, and its a bit surprising more wasn't made of that in the presser.

16. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I find ovals to be "kinda meh" but, to each their own. :p:D

17. shiet

shiet Registered

There are numerous other official ovals in the game so I don't think another one is a sign of future oval AI improvements in the coming.
    It's just a track and nothing more. If they were to take offline oval racing more seriously they would've done something by the time they came out with Daytona, it's a much more well known track.

Emery and Lazza like this.
  18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I'm not hyped like for Q2.

19. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

Another road course without chicanes, like the old days when men were men and bears were scared :D, what's to complain about.
    Love it.

Regards.

Full_Ninja likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've never driven tight chicanes very well, tracks like Magny Cours, Imola, especially the old old Hockenheim. I just lose tons of time there. I think I hold the first part too long and that makes for lousy exit from the 2nd part. A Road course with with a gentle chicane like this or the relaxed Veedol chicane at Nurb GP always suit my pathetic style more than the really sharp cornered chicanes.

Remco Majoor and Emery like this.