IndyCar IR18 Upgrade questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I'm looking for some help or resources to understand the upgrade menu of the IndyCar IR18.

1) The wheelbase description of the 120 and 119 are clear on where they are used, but the 118 and 121 are lacking information (just as with the DW12). What are those two for?

2) I have very little clue of what to make of the front/rear geometry descriptions. Roll centre probably has something to do with the height of the suspension mounts (wild guess) and anti-squat then with the compression resistance (wilder guess, though no idea what the numbers present). Since there is a massive amount of options on both of these that have to be selected before loading a track, I'd like to have some idea of what I'm taking to an instance. Switching them is tedious business and I already found that randomly clicking about created massive changes in the balance of the car. So...
    --- What do these descriptions point at exactly?
    --- Which configurations are commonly used in which situations?

Much appreciated!

2. shiet

shiet Registered

I'm also interested so up!

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think Studio397 should enlighten us about those tech specs of some cars, at least some kind of "graphic" so we can have a simple basic explanation (depending on what's possible) on what does what, or what changes physically are made in the car...

The guess game is cool but it doesn't give us a starting point...

memoNo1 likes this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Agree mate.
    We need help.

Rui Santos likes this.
  5. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered