Stuttering on Build1130 RC

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by yashiman, Jul 29, 2022.

1. yashiman

yashiman Registered

I enjoy online race by build1130RC every week.
    But yesterday, I'm reporting this because I'm curious about the stutters.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4bXeCXP1NsQNKi1ZmUqZcOR7drIt0cNu

Nearly half of the drivers had annoyed same suttering.

However...
    This race's weather is scripted by server.
    Weather: Partially Cloudy>light clunds>>
    Rain Chance: 0%>>>>
    Humidity: 30%>>20%>>
    Temperature: 25deg>26>27>26>25
    Wind Speed: 14kph>>>>
    Wind Direction: NE>>>>
    This race had 2 times restart.
    A driver could not start for cannot shift up (active shift protection?).
    Immediately before this race, studio397 updated RC hotfix.

I hope this is an accident and not a bug in RC.

Attached Files:

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

If this persists can you try specialfx at different settings to see if it stops the issues? (Low/Off will disable Sparks)

yashiman and atomed like this.
  3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I see in your profile that you are running triple screens. Try running a single screen instead of triples to see if there is any improvement. Running triples with a 1070 may be beyond the capabilities of your system. I have found with each update to rF2 the demands on the system has become greater. The demands on the system is even greater than ACC and a lot of people have problems running ACC. When I first started playing rF2 I use to run a 1080 card at max settings without problems, I now have to use 3080 card to get the same performance, that's the problem with having improved graphics and all the other improvements implemented to rF2. I assume your CPU is the i7-8700K which is the same as I run which is perfectly fine. The most demanding track is probably the new Brands Hatch. Best of luck.

4. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thank you for reply, I will try it next race.

5. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thanks for your message.
    It is true that the 1070 is lacking in performance. And I can not buy new G/B because poor:D

What bothers me is that this happened not only to me but to many others on the same server.
    They play in a variety of environments, including 2080, 3080, single screen and VR, and we have had a few drivers with the same phenomenon.
    I hope this is just an irregularity and will not occur in the future.

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I saw in the video above you did a Ping test. It showed 3ms. Are you hosting the game and playing on the same machine or do you have a sperate PC for the server?

7. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

rF2 needs badly some FPS optimizations. The high system requirements shrink the potential userbase that owns low- to mid-range PCs. Maybe that's one of the reasons why the original Assetto Corsa is so popular.

nolive721 likes this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It would be great if s397 improved the performance of rF2. The bare bones Asseto Corsa does have better performance than rF2 but when you start adding the addons such as Sol CSP and dynamic weather and other addons to get nearly the same features as rF2 the performance is only slightly better if you run at the highest settings. I'm afraid it's a fact of life if you want really good graphics and the features people are asking for in rF2 more computing power is required to run those features. The problem with PCs is there out of date as soon as you walk out of the shop, PC progress never stops. When I bought my current PC it was really high spec, since then I've had three graphics cards, increased the memory added SSDs a sound card, the next thing will have to be a new processor and mother board. It never stops if you want to run the latest games at high settings.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Or folks have to realize that lower settings are their future. I seem to remember a user here. with a 3 or 4 GB vid card was upset that he could not max out his graphics. There is only so much optimization a programmer can do when they pile new shaders, sounds, road surfaces...you are correct, PCs are like racing. How fast do you want to go depends upon how much money you have.

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

depends on where are the bottlenecks though. stuttering is most of time resulting of combined factors but there is also very often main driver to the issue on our PC hardware (might be cause by software too but lets park this for now)

Example, having a race with 30+AI cars, in rain or night conditions you would better have a decent CPU and push its limits as well (OC), you could lower graphics settings so fps is not impacted or use FSR/DLSS depending on your GPU brand.

different example, Hot lap with you only on the track so you want the beautiful graphics of the track pushed ULTRA, then you either get your GPU to Max or as mentioned above use FRS/DLSS to slightly lose on image reproduction while maintaining consistent fps.in such scenario you are less CPU bound in theory, assuming your fps dont go too high where then your CPU would become the bottleneck potentially

muzukashii desu!

11. yashiman

yashiman Registered

The server is another pc.

12. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

One should be able to disable the eye candy, with the minimum settings, and get the most performance. Right now this is not really possible with the newer tracks: even on minimum settings there is a big difference in FPS compared with older mod tracks like Montreal.

Other than optimizations in the graphics engine, S397 could further lower the minimum graphics setting to have things like more simplified polygons and textures for buildings, including for the newest tracks.

13. Lars

Lars Registered

have same issues as Yashiman since 2022-08-11.. after the hot fix update , havent changed anything in configuration, doesnt matter which setting for specialfx neither track or car.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  14. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Attached Files:

Lars likes this.
  15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

What I'm going to say probably is polemic: I'm against most of the graphical upgrades.

Old content doesn't get updated, a lot of other core problems still existing, people end up lowering the graphics from time to time to keep the same fps.

In the end it brings only more frustration than satisfaction in general.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

YUP! YA CAN'T beat good ol fashioned old fashioned graphics.
    [​IMG]

ebeninca likes this.
  17. From my experience I would say there are a couple of points which might cause problems during a race:
    • the community I am participating decided to not restart a race or weekend just while someone has problems, because the restart of the server caused weird behavior every time we restarted
    • time progression is a nice feature in every simulation (think of all them drivers driving NoS or LeMans in a 24h race which lasts 2 and a half in real) but concerning graphics it demands a lot more than using real time progression
    • in your video it seems to be kind of lagging which can be caused by various things

18. First of all I have to say, I agree - and to be honest I like detailed graphics on the other handside.

I started with Grand Prix 2, but I also know Testdrive v1.0 on IBM PC jr. by heart ... and all those games made fun to play that time and still do in a way (remembering Manic Miner or Boulder Dash, Ghost'n'Goblins ...).

But the improvement or the increase of graphics and if it has to be done or not and what it does mean to the user is a pretty old and never ending discussion with a couple of assumptions for the reasons.

And I think it will continue that way - graphic changes and the discussion.

nolive721 and ebeninca like this.
  19. Lars

Lars Registered

my stutters are also gone, didnt changed something serious.... had some oculus updates the last days....