Camera controls in dev mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dirtnz, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Hey guys

Don't know if this is just my issue or a common one as I have not seen anything posted about it but is anyone else having issues with the camera controls in dev mode??

It doesn't matter what controls I asign if I hit the U key and go into free camera I can only move up, left, back, zoom in and out and that's it.

No matter what I do I cannot get the remaining controls eg tilts, rotate, forward,down etc to work even though they used to just fine, This makes it extremely time consuming and difficult to set up new track camera positions in the camera editor but again I haven't seen anyone else post about this issue so don't know if it's local(me) or a build issue.

Any chance others can confirm this please so I know if I need to keep trying or wait for a fix.

Cheers.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I initially thought this was a case of assigning the tilt etc controls and then being unable to use the mouse to look around, but I see it's actually the tilt that won't work for you.

I just jumped in devmode, entered the car, activated freelook (U), and my key assigned to 'camera tilt up' worked. The mouse didn't work, because I haven't told the game to let me use the mouse when those controls are assigned.

So it appears fine on this end. I think I'm on the RC, but I doubt that's a factor (hehe... factor/rFactor... you never know...)

3. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Tried again this morning went as far as deleting the userdata folder so it would auto generate a whole new set of files, unplugged all controllers, wheel etc assigned function keys to keyboard only and absolutely no difference can move up,left and back and that's it although I did recover tilt/rotation functions using mouse by un-assigning keys.

Tried current build, latest rc, old ui among others and all experiencing the same issue, went back to main build and tried normal game (not dev mode) and it's actually the same there too.

Now here is the kicker after even more testing today in replay mode absolutely all control functions left/right - up/down - back forward etc all work perfectly fine as they should even in freemode, yet using the same exact profile and controls etc whilst on track live you can only move left/up/and backward.

This explains why I found the issue first in dev mode because to create track cams you need to be in live function at the time hence the lost controls but as the below video highlights it's not just dev mode where it's present.

4. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Can anyone else replicate this issue?

5. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Lazza likes this.