DRM Revival, still not possible on rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pascom, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

I think so. I love that mod, love cars sound, their handling, Ford Capri :D... Soon it will be on rF2, simply awesome.

2. philrob

philrob Registered

i have an early version of Mainz_Finthen running in RF2 looks and drives pretty good

3. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

Night race with AI at 100% : OK

4. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Little feedback, we can see a LOD change @ the rear of the blue Toyota. For the rest, it seems great!

pascom likes this.
  5. Corti

Corti Registered

WoW!! wishing to try this great mod, I still continue to start rfactor to enjoy these jewels :rolleyes:

pascom likes this.
  6. datasting

datasting Registered

pascom and Corti like this.
  7. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

8. Just some philosophical stuff ...

I started with rF1 because of the DRM Mod available (originally I am coming from Grand Prix 2) and I loved it much. I continued with Project Cars and came back to rFactor last year - I was missing the DRM mod and started reading a lot about it.

We can talk about rF2, the quality of updates to rF2, the way updates are provided, how they influence the already existing mods and son on, but I am not an expert on modding (whereas I am an IT guy and can follow some things) and it is a discussion which will last IMHO forever.

I bought the mod for AC as I like it pretty much (especially the Zakspeed Capri) also I do not like AC that much, but it was worth it and I could drive the DRM mod again.

That said I would love to see you, as many others around, giving permission to Cyrill to release / publish the mod and to be honest: I would pay again for it because I can imagine how much work it is just to convert and even to do such a mod from scratch.

As you already stated you are amazed by the quality of the preview of Cyrills conversion and I doubt that he would not continue or would not have done all other cars at the same level ...

just my 2 cents

coltair, datasting and Paulfield like this.
  9. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

When can we expect the release of the DRM mod?

10. datasting

datasting Registered

Any News?

11. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

Yes, and one important new, after a very long work, I'm actually uploading a pack for Dmatzies with all cars ;)
    I know It’s a long time but I’ve worked on a lot of details, a lot of liveries, 10 delivered by car, so 100 :) For waiting just a little time, I hope, I share U this lap race on the Nordschleife with AI

Bye bye

12. datasting

datasting Registered

Just Epic!!!

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

Looking great, but something needs to be tweaked either on the windshield texture, car textures or on the ambient occlusion (I don't know what I am talking about, just what I see) as the cars are too grey where they should be black/darker, due to being away from the direct light.
    Not sure if you understand what I mean, but I am sure that someone who knows about modding will.
    (this is something that I also see frequently in some iRacing cars, such as the W12)

Attached Files:

Emery and John_GEAR like this.
  14. SunBro

SunBro Registered

That bothered me like a mo.........er while watching the video. Yup. Something's wrong about that. Otherwise amazing looking and sounding mod!

vava74 likes this.
  15. dmatzies

dmatzies Registered

Thanks Cyril for the upload. I will test it and give you a feedback. To test the 10 cars it will be take some time

16. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

@vava74 @SunBro Yes it's unfortunately the rendering of windshield material with alpha blending transparent when alpha opacity isn't full transparent. I wanted to keep a small reflection and dirty effects for a more real visual, so I adjusted alpha level's textures to solve the problem, windows effect are less visible but it’s ok now ;)

@dmatzies Yeah great, have fun Dennis. I’m waiting for you to feel about it ;)
    See U soon.

gianluca, pascom, John_GEAR and 3 others like this.
  17. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

Hi all,

Few screenshots to wait again friends ;) Many news improvements (tires textures, rim blur added, different backfires sequences for each car, sounds, interior windows .........

rFactor2_2022_08_20_20_33_03_216.png rFactor2_2022_08_20_13_35_53_903.png rFactor2_2022_08_20_13_47_06_074.png rFactor2_2022_08_20_14_03_51_236.png rFactor2_2022_08_20_20_47_02_662.png

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    makan, jimagn, Darwin Jones and 17 others like this.
  18. pascom

pascom Registered

Superbe ! :cool:

John_GEAR likes this.
  19. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Je dirai meme magnifique!

pascom and John_GEAR like this.
  20. datasting

datasting Registered