After the hardware upgrade, the track crashes every time after loading.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ddooewq, Jun 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

yeah....NONE.....Like I said earlier, some tracks and cars can still be played normally. . .

2. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Maybe, I'm going to switch back to the DDR4 motherboard and memory to see if the problem is the memory or something else

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Does is create a file called mini.dmp in rFactor 2\UserData? If so you can post it here and I'll ask one of the programmers to look at it on Monday.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Umm, your latest trace file says you are on v1130, which is the release candidate version. I notice that your keyboard was not detected and no wheel (unless they’re part of the sim pedals that was detected)

5. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Yes, it's a release candidate, I'm going to try it and see if it works. . I usually use the NONE version. . . . thanks

6. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

Is this what I uploaded. . Thanks again.

Attached Files:

7. Space Cadet

Space Cadet Registered

I have the same issues ddooewq but without updating any hardware. For me everything was working fine in RF2 until I purchased the Q1 & Q2 packs last week. Brands Hatch is the only new track that works with "some" cars but the remaining new tracks just CTD after loading like you explained above.

Tried several delete (everything) and clean install, release candidate, earlier versions (including the old original menu version), different graphics settings, etc, etc but nothing fixes it.

5600x / 6800xt / 32gb

I’ll be watching your posts to see if you have anymore luck than me..

8. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

;)

9. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I may be a long shot but try different Video drivers.
    Mine was working fine for months with my AMD card, someone convinced me to update to newer drivers, which I did. Then came all the crashing, first loading to 100% then crash, after a few attempts it would get all the way into the car and crash while in pitlane.
    So I went back to the old driver and no problems again.
    Radeon RX 6800 XT driver 22.2.2 upgraded to 22.6.1 back to 22.2.2

SS

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AMD 6700 XT v 20.22(even older) no crashes. some hangs when exiting.

11. ddooewq

ddooewq Registered

hi
    I refer to your experience, I tried to use the version you mentioned, the game worked fine, then I tried to run the game with a higher version. I tried the graphics card driver one by one, until version 22.5.1, I can play normally. It is not possible to use a later version. I think this problem should be solved. I'll be trying it out for a while and hopefully it won't happen again. thank you for your help.
    By the way, I always thought it was a hardware problem, after I replaced the hardware, I didn't update the driver. Using the same driver, the problem occurs after hardware replacement. (In fact, I didn't replace the graphics card... I replaced the CPU, motherboard and memory... ehhhhh)

thank you!

SmellySkidmark and davehenrie like this.
  12. Space Cadet

Space Cadet Registered

Thank you Smellyskidmark, this also has provided a positive result for me as well. Appreciate your valuable input :)

13. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

Same problem here. Maybe since updating to Adrenalin 22.5.2. I've updated due to the fact this driver give a good performance boost for DX11 games and it work for me in the most cases. (maybe my GTA5 crashs are also related to this driver version but this is another story)
    Often when joining a track, rF2 is crashing to desktop.
    Solution or better workaround for me is to delete the specific track within installed folder.
    Then after starting rF2 the track is installed again and i can join the server.
    Yesterday running a 24h event and when event ended and server forwarded to next session i get a crash to desktop. [Edit] track was S397 Le Mans / Vehicles S397 GTE and S397 Oreca [Edit]
    Maybe the developer can identify a problem or find a relatively easy fix.
    I will append the minidump and trace file.

Attached Files:

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 could investigate what is specifically wrong with each and every driver released by AMD. And we'd get the Q4 release two or three years from now. Even if they found something specific to v22.5.2 and changed the rF2 code, what happens when v22.6.2 comes out and wrecks the game again? Right now, the solution offered from the experience of users may be the best solution. Roll back to v22.2.2. Hopefully if AMD corrects the issue with a further driver release down the road, users here will be able to verify and test if newer drivers are optimal for rF2. (realizing that AMD/Nvidia will never pay attention to a 10year old title with a few thousand users)

15. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

I didn't say they should change the code. Maybe they have a look and there is something to optimize without wrecking other parts of the code. Maybe it is a driver issue, who knows.
    In my oppinion i can give the information and the developer decides whether to look into it or not to do so.
    I've updated to 22.6.1 now and test if this solves the issue.

davehenrie likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Or they compare what's happening between the two versions, find a likely culprit, and fix it. Separate to the quarterly updates, with no impact on release timing.

Users providing information is never a bad thing, you should avoid discouraging it.

DJCruicky likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

noted!

18. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

Checked with Adrenalin 22.6.1 and same behaviour. rF2 is ctd when track loading is at 100%.
    Would be nice if we can post the driver versions that ctd and those that are functional.
    In my case i think the last IO version was 22.3.1
    So:
    21.12.1 -> ok
    22.3.1 -> ok
    22.10 (preview driver may) -> nok
    22.5.2 (same as 22.10) -> nok
    22.6.1 -> nok

If the problem is reduced to driver version greater than 22.10 (driver preview)/22.5.2 than it could be a problem with amds new dx11 performance fix. So every driver until 22.5.1 should be fine.
    If this problem is really related to dx11 optimization for amd cards, than every new driver should show the same behaviour.

I will use my workaround within rF2 due to the fact that those new dx11 fixes are bringing a nice fps boost in most games.
    Maybe someday either the driver or rF2 bring a fix to this behavior.

davehenrie likes this.
  19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

If anyone can supply us with an rfmini.dmp from your userdata folder on the Release Candidate steam branch with this crash that would be helpful.

Thanks

20. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

Here the rfmini.dmp when rF2 crashed while loading to track.

I've checked some more things and there is a strange behaviour.
    I've tested with the same rfmod in Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
    When starting to load into Single Player, the loading screen "hangs" a while at 79% and then loading successfully to track.
    When connecting to Multiplayer Server (with the same rfmod, same car and same track), the loading screen goes through faster and there is no "hang" at 79%. Then when reaching 100% the mousepointer became visible and rF2 is crashing to desktop.
    So really strange that single player is loading normally but multiplayer isn't.
    [edit] same behaviour within 1128 and release candidate. rfmini.dmp is from release candidate [edit]

If you need any further information i can do further tests.

Thanks for your work.

Attached Files: