Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. EricW

EricW Registered

It's a realistic feature though...which I and many others prefer.
    And imo higher wheel filter settings destroy all other details you want to feel to prevent flatspotting.

Magus and vava74 like this.
  2. vava74

vava74 Registered

Personally, I can't drive jacksh!t and love it when - in a logical way - simracing makes me feel a completely inadequate driver.
    Few things gave me more joy than, a given saturday morning a few months back, being utterly "humbled and humiliated" by trying to drive the Formula Vee around Lime Rock Park in the CS...
    Around 30/40 minutes later, with some guidance by more talented and knowledgeable drivers, I was lapping only 2 seconds behind really fast drivers. Still slow, but I had managed to program my delapidated brain to the point of not making myself look a complete fool out there.
    So... my view is that flat spotting is there to teach us, not to annoy us, so it should not be dumbed down.

Ricardo Diz, pkelly, RaceNut and 4 others like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

i also like the vibration flat spotting cause, my ffb levels are on weak side anyways so...for me it remains quite drivable. but this just teaches me to be more precise with brakes and maybe move brake bias towards rear.

R.Noctua and Magus like this.
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like my rumble kit . It helps you to feel the limits of the tires/brake! It’s all about training . When I added motion my lap times went down because it was very distracting but now my motion system makes me faster and more consistent.

5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Out of interest (sorry for off-topic) what rumble kit do you have?

6. marmagas

marmagas Registered

@davehenrie ,please can you give more info about "Fanatec pedals can be setup to make it harder to lock up the tires"

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

avenger82, Paul Jeffrey and marmagas like this.
  8. Beto Robson

Beto Robson Registered

Hi, I am new to rf2, I would like to know if there is a optimal kpa typre pressure to those goodyear tyre model for GTE class?

I having beeing playing ACC for a long time and I would like to try rf2 now.

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Would love to be proved wrong, but I'm afraid it's still the lowest possible.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yes the lowest possible like in reality. Lower pressure means larger contact patch and less grip. The only probleme is that there is no tyre damage simulated but the lowest pressure would be ebough the avoid damage so it's ok how it is

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    coasting&cruising likes this.
  11. TJones

TJones Registered

Did a quick reserch about minimum alowed tyre pressure for GT-E cars, in this case IMSA rgulations. It's indeed 140kPa (cold) min. allowed for Michelin slick tyre, and the driver/teams usually using lowest allowed pressure. I always thought optimal pressures should be higher.
    Small corection I have: "Lower pressure means larger contact patch and more grip."

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes but more understeer!
    Tire pressure is the most important thing in racing setups but in rfactor2 it doesn’t have that much effects.

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

raise the pressures to 170 and tell me if it's not relevant about the times at 140?

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes if you rise it to the maximum yiu will feel the difference but I meant if your rise it a bit you won’t feel any difference while in real life very small pressure change would make a day/night difference!

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Have you made a comparison of 140 to 145?
    In any case, while the tires are bugged..., I think that in all the races or championships that I have run, all the drivers go with the minimum pressure

16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

This topic is always coming up and it doesn't seem to get old. Lower pressure means more grip and more speed, but also more wear and if the pressure is really low it can even blow the tire. rFactor 2 has lower and upper limits on pressure so these issues are minimized. I don't know how much working pressure (not cold pressure) contributes to tire wear or if at all on rFactor 2.

See this video, it's in Spanish but with auto-translated subtitles I guess you can all understand it:

A summary on the video about the advantages of lower pressure:
    - Larger contact patch and thus more grip.
    - Deforming tire due to huge accelerations applies force more gradually to the ground giving even better grip at low speeds.
    - Lower diameter tire at low speeds means a bit more torque.
    - The diameter and stiffness of tire increases at high speeds due to the centrifugal forces compensating for the low pressure and helping with the top speed.

Now I think we can reply those saying that lower pressures shouldn't improve times.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    vava74 and Gio Nuvoli like this.
  17. Gio Nuvoli

Gio Nuvoli Registered

Simulation_Player and TJones like this.
  18. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

the GTE tire model is new now. Its different and new for me now. Drives very nice but you have to be carefull, soft wheels and low pressure is ok, but dont lock your tires while breaking or slide :) drive clean and slower first !
    https://simracing4fun.org Check our website, there some funny drivers also in Discord. We test a lot in rF2 and drive for fun some rounds and help each others

19. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

SHIFT PROTECTION
    = shit protection !

sorry about the word but I couldn’t find nothing better to describe it takes a good part of the challenge that Rfactor 2 always offered about driving a race car to the limit !

A lot of people I talked hated this , please take it off or put it as optional on the settings !

tks !

PS: Almost all other changes made a good improvement

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It removes an exploit of shiftshiftshiftshiftshiftshift to shift shift shift shift shift shift